8. Sammy (dhxdesigns)
  9. Deb (treschicgeek)
  10. Katie (KissMe2408)
  11. Bianca (JokeInsideJoke)
  12. Zephyr (venti-anemoi)
  13. Danny (ordinarybang)
  14. Shannon (shannlovin)
  15. CJ (9001)
All of our starbucks' closed :( I only went there once.

Depends on the season

Fall: Skinny White Chocolate Latte
Winter: Hazelnut Coffee (black) You aren't the only one JC
Spring: Iced Latte (any flavor)
brooklyneast05
jc
coffee
synatribe
Kevin

Green tea frapp :]
swan
Awesome.

Name: Stephanie
What you usually get: Green tea frappuccino

Glad to hear you like green tea frapps, too, Kevin! Many people I know don't drink them because of their color, but hey, it isn't good to judge by appearance.
synatribe
QUOTE(postharmony @ Aug 18 2008, 05:58 PM) *
Awesome.

Name: Stephanie
What you usually get: Green tea frappuccino

Glad to hear you like green tea frapps, too, Kevin! Many people I know don't drink them because of their color, but hey, it isn't good to judge by appearance.

haha I know right? I feel like going to starbucks now :]
moninja
OMGGGGGGGGGGG STARBUCKS! throb.gif
name; monica or moni for short
what i usually get; depends on my mood. usually iced white chocolate mochas, or caramel frappuchinos.
swan
QUOTE(SkyliteX @ Aug 18 2008, 05:59 PM) *
haha I know right? I feel like going to starbucks now :]

Yeah! I should run over there pronto.
moninja
i have starbucks practically almost every week >:]
manny-the-dino
Name: Natalia
What you usually get: It depends on how the weather is & what season we're in because Startbucks has seasonal drinks. I usually get a White Chocolate Mocha, Pumpkin Spice Latte, Gingerbread Latte or something else I forgot, during the winter. If it's hot, I'll get a frap. I can't remember the names though. "/
swan
QUOTE(moninja @ Aug 18 2008, 06:13 PM) *
i have starbucks practically almost every week >:]

ohmy.gif

Cool beans.
berrypop90
Name: Julia

What you usually get: Caramel Mocha Javakula from Seattle's Best. I'm not a big fan of Starbucks.
brooklyneast05
see to me, all you guys aren't actual coffee lovers. you don't like actual coffee. you like flavored up, sweetened, milked, whip creamed coffee. which isn't even coffee anymore stubborn.gif

ima have to start my own club for people who like black coffee, the real deal mad.gif
xDarkHope
Sammy
Vanilla Frapp.

But I usually just stay home and make my own iced coffee with genaric vanilla creamer xD
mackenziee
I really like starbucks hot chocolates. _smile.gif
moninja
i'm not a big fan of hot drinks. i never really liked starbucks' hot chocolate ;x

QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Aug 18 2008, 04:29 PM) *
see to me, all you guys aren't actual coffee lovers. you don't like actual coffee. you like flavored up, sweetened, milked, whip creamed coffee. which isn't even coffee anymore stubborn.gif

ima have to start my own club for people who like black coffee, the real deal mad.gif
aww console.gif xmas.gif
technicolour
QUOTE(dhxdezigns @ Aug 18 2008, 06:33 PM) *
Sammy
Vanilla Frapp.

But I usually just stay home and make my own iced coffee with genaric vanilla creamer xD

Cafe Vanilla Frap or Vanilla Bean? Big difference.

I promise you, once you work at a SBUX, it looses all the exciting-ness.

BUT..I am still incredibly weak for my caramel/mocha frapp. Yummy.
tokyo-rose
I don't go to Starbucks all that often, but I recently had their green tea (with honey, I think? Can't remember now.). It was good! Even my brother liked it, and he's not a tea fan at all.
firechild
The only green tea I had once was at the pool at this one place. It was gross. I like mango ceylon and darjeeling though
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(MolecularStudios @ Aug 18 2008, 09:27 PM) *
The only green tea I had once was at the pool at this one place. It was gross. I like mango ceylon and darjeeling though

It probably wasn't made properly, then. :\

Does Starbucks sell mango ceylon? I've never heard of that. And I didn't know darjeeling was a drink; I only know Darjeeling Limited. x]
treschicgeek
Name: Deb

What you usually get:
Winter/Fall - Cafe Mocha
Summer/Spring - Java Chip Frap
firechild
QUOTE(jaeminnie @ Aug 18 2008, 08:37 PM) *
It probably wasn't made properly, then. :\

Does Starbucks sell mango ceylon? I've never heard of that. And I didn't know darjeeling was a drink; I only know Darjeeling Limited. x]

Ours does. Maybe ask someone. They might have it in the back rolleyes.gif
moninja
i really miss their banana coconut frap. that was the first ever thing i had at starbucks. soooooo good. oh & i think their vivanos are kinda weird/gross tasting. my brother said to never try chocolate banana cause that's really disgusting. i had the orange, mango, banana one and it was good the first couple sips but it got kinda gross after ><
KissMe2408
Name: Katie

What i get: It really depends on the season. Fall/Winter: Tall Soy Caramel Macchiato, 86 the whip. In the summer I'll get the Tall Light Mint Mocha Frap or the new Banana Soy Chocolate Vivanno thing.
moninja
*says the same thing niko did but in here* :D

the high school i'm going to has 3 starbucks' about 5-10 minutes, walking distance. YAY :D that also applies to my house cause the school i'm going to is like 5 minutes away frrm my house. lol
swan
In Seattle, there are over 9,000 coffee shops. Viva Seattle.
moninja
i didn't have starbucks this week. *cries*
swan
QUOTE(moninja @ Aug 27 2008, 06:00 PM) *
i didn't have starbucks this week. *cries*

sad.gif

*Gives Moni a Venti*

My work here is done. thumbsup.gif
moninja
haha yay! thank youuuuuuu throb.gif[:
swan
Any time. biggrin.gif

Coffee sounds good right now.
JokeInsideJoke
me me me!!!
Name: Bianca

What you usually get: venti coffee frappuccino
venti-anemoi
ADD ME!

Name: Zephyr
What you usually get: Mocha frappucino

I love Peet's. :]
moninja
i had a double chocolate chip frap thing today. YAY ! [:

&welcome bianca and zephyr [:
firechild
Member List Updated thumbsup.gif

Im going to apply for dunn brothers this christmas.
swan
QUOTE(MolecularStudios @ Aug 30 2008, 02:58 PM) *
Im going to apply for dunn brothers this christmas

Sounds like fun. I hope you get the job. happy.gif
ordinarybang
add me please
i inhale Starbucks
=]
LittleMissSunshine
shannon

java chip frap (:
heyo-captain-jack
CJ.

Espresso Frappuccino.
gojira
NEED. COFFEE. INTAKE. i just love the smell/taste.
synatribe
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Aug 18 2008, 06:29 PM) *

haha, well Im 16, so I hate coffee :] I like the sweetened up, milked, whip creamed fatness :]
brooklyneast05
lol wtf? 16 year olds can't like straight coffee?

synatribe
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Feb 8 2009, 09:13 PM) *
lol wtf? 16 year olds can't like straight coffee?

my taste palet (whatever it is) isnt mature enough yet :]
manny-the-dino
I updated the list. thumbsup.gif
illriginal
Hey wanna know a secret?

+

=

Get it? DOWN WITH STAR BUCKS!! ARRRGGGG crazy.gif
heyo-captain-jack
Dumbass.

I like black coffee. But I only drink it black at home.

Edit:

Antisemitic dumbass.
paperplane
You know, as many reasons as there are to from local coffee shops instead of Starbucks, f*cking bigotry and antisemitism shouldn't be one of them.

That said, direct trade > "fair trade."

edit: ha, 18888 posts.
illriginal
QUOTE(9001 @ Feb 23 2009, 01:38 AM) *
Dumbass.
I like black coffee. But I only drink it black at home.

Edit:

Antisemitic dumbass.

lol what? Anti-Semitic? f*ck Israel. And what? You think I'm anti-semitic over a zionist state?

Dumbass.
heyo-captain-jack
You're good at internet.
illriginal
QUOTE(9001 @ Feb 23 2009, 01:57 AM) *
You're good at internet.

I'm good at learning. thumbsup.gif

And the Star Bucks comment is legitimate, look at where their profits go. Straight to Israel.
heyo-captain-jack
No. They don't even have any stores in Israel. A few years back they closed them all. I think if anything, Israel and Starbucks have a little bit of a feud.
illriginal
QUOTE(9001 @ Feb 23 2009, 02:04 AM) *
No. They don't even have any stores in Israel. A few years back they closed them all. I think if anything, Israel and Starbucks have a little bit of a feud.

The. Profits. Are. Sent. To. Israel. Not "there's starbucks in Israel"
WASHINGTON, 4 August 2006 — It started out as an Internet parody of Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz thanking customers for supporting Starbucks and Israel.

The spoof read, in part: “I want to thank you for making Starbucks the $6.4 billion global company it is today… Every latte you drink at Starbucks is a contribution to the close alliance between the United States and Israel, in fact it is — as I was assured when being honored with the “Israel 50th Anniversary Friend of Zion Tribute Award” — key to Israel’s long-term PR success. Your daily frappucino helps pay for student projects in North America and Israel, presenting them with the badly needed Israeli perspective of the Intifada.”

This parody caught fire throughout the Middle East. But, was it true? And how much of Starbucks does Schultz own.?

On June 6, 2003, the Seattle Times wrote: “Starbucks Chairman Howard Schultz cashed in $17.5 million in stock options and still owns about 4 percent of the company.”

A quick check on the Internet “Starbucks-Israel” didn’t reveal anything fishy. Starbucks Headquarters issued a statement last month denying the close alliance, called “Starbucks Rumor Response,” and dated July 21, 2006, it read: “Neither Chairman Howard Schultz nor Starbucks fund or support the Israeli Army. Starbucks is a non-political organization and does not support individual political causes.”

However, googling “Starbucks-Israeli settlements,” revealed a goldmine of information.

A Muslim website had the most extensive information about Starbucks CEO Schultz: http://www.inminds.co.uk/boycott-starbucks.html

On this website, it notes an award given to Schultz is no longer listed on the Starbucks website: “In 1998 he was honored by the Jerusalem Fund of Aish HaTorah with ‘The Israel 50th Anniversary Friend of Zion Tribute Award’ for his services to the Zionist state in ‘playing a key role in promoting close alliance between the United States and Israel.”

The Jerusalem Fund of Aish HaTorah funds Israeli arms fairs…” The site adds that this listing was removed from Starbucks home page.”

The original page listing Howard Schultz Israel Award as an award for Starbucks can still be seen on their site.

The new page is shown below with no mention of the Israeli connection.”

Another search revealed that Robert Fisk, who is a contributing editor to Arab News, wrote about Schultz back on June 14, 2002. Fisk wrote that Starbucks “has been trying to damp down its pro-Israeli image, telling protesters who have written to the company that its chief executive, Howard Schultz, who is himself Jewish, does not believe that terrorism is representative of the Palestinian people.”

Fast forward to this summer. On July 22, 2006, the “Friends of Al-Aqsa and Peace in Palestine” wrote on problems between Oxfam and Starbucks on their website http://www.aqsa.org.uk/news—detail.aspx?newsid=700.

‘Friends’ notes that Oxfam ended a yearlong contract with Starbucks.

“Oxfam denied allegations that Muslim groups were behind its decision to terminate its collaboration with coffee conglomerate Starbucks.” ‘Friends’ also notes that Starbucks failed in Israel: “Starbucks …invested in Israel — a joint venture with Israeli conglomerate Delek Group for Starbucks outlets in Israel.”But the coffee company made heavy losses.

And in April 2003, it announced that all its 6 cafes in Israel will be shut down and that it has ended its partnership with Delek.” Josh Ruebner, Grassroots Advocacy Coordinator for the US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation, is adamant about boycotting Starbucks.

Attending a recent conference, Ruebner said he and his colleagues were “embarrassed and upset” when they were served Starbucks coffee. He wrote a letter to the organizers, saying: “many conference participants and conference organizers were highly disturbed by the serving of Starbucks coffee at our conference.

“Schultz has been praised by the Israeli government for sponsoring pro-Israel, anti-Palestinian seminars on college campuses (“Losing the Media Battle,” Jerusalem Report, April 22, 2002) and his company has sponsored a fund-raising event for the Israel Emergency Solidarity Fund, an organization which engages in crass anti-Palestinian propaganda to raise money to support the families of Israeli soldiers who have died while protecting Israel’s illegal military occupation of Palestinian territories.”

Reubner wrote: “Because the CEO of Starbucks is so supportive of Israel and the system of apartheid that it has foisted on the Palestinian people, we strongly urge you to reconsider your arrangement to serve Starbucks products”.

He added, “We all have an obligation to make sure that corporations with which we do business are using those profits to promote human rights, peace, and justice, rather than racial discrimination, military occupation, and colonization.”

Several interview requests by this reporter — made both by telephone and emails — to Starbucks corporate press office were never returned. All this gives one food for thought when sipping one’s next cappuccino.

/discussion

Sorry for the O/T guys. I'm outs wink.gif

Oh and don't support starbucks, for every latte you drink, you kill an innocent Palestinian!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.