Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Brett Favre Saga
Forums > Community Center > Interests > Sports
DoubleJ
What is your take on it?

The Packers should just let him go wherever he wants. If he goes to the Vikes then good...let Aaron Rogers show him up during those games.
fredatemespleen
I think he should just do what he's been saying he's gonna do and retire already.
End it before all his fans end up hating him.

Teesa
even though he is amazing, etc. it is slightly irritating when athletes come back after announcing their retirement (although i can't blame them!)

i agree with you javonn-they should just let him go somewhere else. he shouldn't be miserable. i can't believe he made those calls to the vikings on the packers' cell phone. lol.
DoubleJ
I think the Packers are right in saying that they don't want him back. They gave him enough chances, and he still said no. Just part ways already.
karmakiller
I am so sick and tired of hearing about him. All the other times he said he was going to retire, it was ALL over the papers. Then, when he finally did retire, the papers were acting like it was the end of the world. He's an attention whore. He's in the paper every freakin' week.
DoubleJ
It reminds me of when Clemens kept retiring and coming back. The more times he did it, the more his legacy took a hit, and look at where he is right now. If I am Brett, I would just step away gracefully, before this gets worse than it already is.
Teesa
so i guess it's all been settled then.
DoubleJ
I honestly and looking forward to the media circus that is going to ensue. This may be good for the NFL lol.
karmakiller
It was a $25 mil/ten year marketting agreement, right?

Javonn, I live in Farve land sad.gif I don't wanna hear anymore about him!
DoubleJ
How do you think we up here feel? If this was a black player, they would be paining him in a negative light.
karmakiller
Most people that I have talked to have some pretty negative things to say about him. I really wish he would've just retired. When they offically announced this was his retirement, I told my family he'd probably be back. He said he was retiring for the past, I don't know how many, seasons.
DoubleJ
Yeah...this really taints his legacy now.
karmakiller
Before the stupid press conference thing they were claiming that he had an abdominal injury and that's why he left training camp early, what a joke. They were playing him leaning out of his truck laughing with people. Yeah, that's physically therapy worthy. If he supposedly wanted to play football so bad, then why even retire in the first place.
DoubleJ
He is coming to NY to steal Eli's thunder! Ugh I swear he is a glory whore.
karmakiller
Such an attention whore doesn't need two topics. wink.gif
Detective
It's finally over! I was getting tired of the rumors and the press saying one thing to another. I thought Manny being Manny was bad.
Teesa
manny's an idiot.

anyways, new york it is! at least it's the jets and not the giants.
DoubleJ
while manny is an idiot, he is the greatest right handed hitter in the history of baseball.
Detective
QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Aug 7 2008, 06:27 PM) *
while manny is an idiot, he is the greatest right handed hitter in the history of baseball.

Couldn't have said it better myself. He wasn't doing so good this season, leaving just helped both teams.
Teesa
hope he and joe get along.
DoubleJ
They will. He is even going to cut his dreads for joe!
Teesa
i don't like the yankees, but i love their clean cut policy and how their players don't like hobos on the street. hahaaa, manny is going to look bald without them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.