Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: He put my contacts in for me
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
Just_Dream
I just want to say that I am not really sure where this topic would belong.

I went to the Lenscrafters near my university to take my comprehensive vision test and the optometrist put the contacts in my eye for me. mellow.gif I didn't even notice that he took the contacts out and put it in my right eye, until I was like blink.gif But I didn't want to say no because it's not like it bothered me or anything. I just thought it was weird because no one has ever done that to me before.

Would you let your optometrist put contacts in your eye? And if you don't wear contacts, would you let your dentist brush your teeth for you? laugh.gif
berrypop90
Lol the only time my doctor put my contacts in for me was the first time I tried them. It was horrifying! xD

My dentist has also brushed my teeth for me, but I was just a kid so...yeah.
karmakiller
Haha, when I had contacts, the doctor never tried to put them in. When I first learned how, I could get one in my right eye and I always struggled with the left. But the person just sat there and watched me, ha.
LoveToMySilas
The first time I got my contacts, he put it on me. I don't know how he did it but it was so cool cause I had no idea. tongue.gif So I guess I'll have to say yes! It's a lot easier for me since I don't have to use my hands.
Just_Dream
:O Woah the first time I got contacts, I had to put them in myself and man it must've taken me 10 minutes to put the first one in! The second time, I put it in myself.

However, I've been wearing contacts since freshman year of high school (5-ish years ago?) and I have never had anyone put contacts in for me, until my recent visit to Lenscrafters. lol but it was kind of cool because when he put it in, he opened my eyes wider than I ever did, and he put it in so easily.
Flaunted
nah, the first time the lady just watched me and I was struggling for like 10-15 minutes.
fail fail fail.
falsetigerlimbs
My optometrist always takes my contacts out for me and puts them back in when I have to get my eyes checked out.
I actually thought all optometrists did it like that? Lol. weird.
Tomates
Whenever i get an eyecheck up my optomitrist always puts my contacts in my eyes after.
Its always kind of weird because it feels more uncomfortable when someone else does it.
SuckDickNSaveLives
"He put my contacts in for me, o__O"

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
LoveToMySilas
QUOTE(Just_Dream @ Jul 19 2008, 10:48 PM) *
:O Woah the first time I got contacts, I had to put them in myself and man it must've taken me 10 minutes to put the first one in! The second time, I put it in myself.

However, I've been wearing contacts since freshman year of high school (5-ish years ago?) and I have never had anyone put contacts in for me, until my recent visit to Lenscrafters. lol but it was kind of cool because when he put it in, he opened my eyes wider than I ever did, and he put it in so easily.
Omg, I know how you feel. The first time I got them, it took me a whole 30 minutes to put them on. I left my poor mother waiting for us to leave, haha. Every time I would raise them to my eye, my eye like automatically closed.
Amaranthus
Sure, it'd make me horny. thumbsup.gif
Vyrrei
QUOTE(Hedonism @ Jul 20 2008, 10:15 PM) *
Sure, it'd make me horny. thumbsup.gif

This. For some reason. XD.gif
Tung
what else did he put in you. shifty.gif
Just_Dream
QUOTE(falsetigerlimbs @ Jul 20 2008, 01:43 PM) *
My optometrist always takes my contacts out for me and puts them back in when I have to get my eyes checked out.
I actually thought all optometrists did it like that? Lol. weird.

Well I've been wearing contacts since I was 15 and I've never had anyone put it in for me. I never knew anyone else who had their optometrist put in their contacts for them either. When optometrists move my eyelids up/down so that they can see into my eyes more clearly when examining for anything abnormal, I'm fine with that. but man I was not prepared for when he put the contact in my eye lol.
Amaranthus
All I can think of is...

I WANNA MAKE LOVE IN THIS CLUB!
dustbunny
In second grade my mom had to drive me from SF area to FREMONT everyday so that my optometrist could put in my contacts for me...because I couldn't do it myself :(
Just_Dream
QUOTE(doiink @ Jul 21 2008, 01:05 AM) *
In second grade my mom had to drive me from SF area to FREMONT everyday so that my optometrist could put in my contacts for me...because I couldn't do it myself :(

lul wut? You wore contacts when you were in second grade? !

*looks at Betty's signature*

WTF YOU'RE IN SAN DIEGO?! WHAT?
MiSSP
No I wouldn't let him put my contacts in.
AimeeLynn
I'm capable of putting my contacts and other things on me.
treschicgeek
No, I wouldn't let anyone else touch my contacts period. Too much of a germophobe.

The first time I got my contacts, my doctor gave me some worksheet on how to put them on & then made me put them on the first time at the office. It took me like...20 mins to get them on. blink.gif
libertie
QUOTE(karmakiller @ Jul 19 2008, 07:42 PM) *
Haha, when I had contacts, the doctor never tried to put them in. When I first learned how, I could get one in my right eye and I always struggled with the left. But the person just sat there and watched me, ha.

LOL That's so awkward! I don't even let people watch me put on makeup usually, so it's weird for him to be sitting there watching me put in contacts.

And Betty, that's SO cute. xD

I don't think I'd mind if he just randomly put them in but if he asked I'd probably just be like "Uh, I'll do it myself.."
coconutter
true optometrist love throb.gif
simplyytricia
lol, i'm going to get contacts in the near future so should i expect my optometrist to put my contacts in for me? laugh.gif

but when i do get them, i wouldn't let my optometrist touch my eye. who knows what he/she touched before that _unsure.gif

and plus, i want to learn how to put my own contacts in. how would you learn if you let your optometrist do it for you, right ?

thumbsup.gif
libertie
^True, and it really does take a while before it really becomes second nature putting them in. At first it's a huge pain every day, but then again I was pretty young when I first started wearing them. >.<
Smarmosaur
he put mine in for me once, even though i had been wearing them for years. i was trying a new brand (for more moisture), and he just did it. it was cool/nice. =D

[edit]
most of the time, if it's your first time wearing them (or you've taken a long break), they'll make you do it yourself. pinch.gif
Just_Dream
QUOTE(RockItStudios @ Jul 22 2008, 02:22 PM) *
he put mine in for me once, even though i had been wearing them for years. i was trying a new brand (for more moisture), and he just did it. it was cool/nice. =D

Was it Acuvue Oasys? eyebrowes.gif Those ARE NICE. wink.gif
Tung
O2 Optix > Acuvue

QUOTE(doiink @ Jul 21 2008, 01:05 AM) *

Why the emphasis on the word FREMONT? Is that because that's where I live? shifty.gif

QUOTE(Tungster @ Jul 20 2008, 07:35 PM) *
what else did he put in you. shifty.gif

Just_Dream
I hae astigmatism so I can only wear toric contacts. Since O2 Optix only offers monthly disposables, I'd rather wear Acuvue Oasys toric since they're biweekly disposables. My optometrists have told me that biweekly ones are better for your eyes.
Tung
Bi weeklys as in two weeks? I have O2 Optix, the 2 week kind...
Just_Dream
I have astigmatism, so I can only wear toric lenses. O2 Optix only offers monthly disposable contacts for people with astigmatism, unfortunately. But I've heard a lot of great things about acuvue oasys and it's biweekly, so I'm trying that out right now.
Smarmosaur
QUOTE(Just_Dream @ Jul 22 2008, 07:33 PM) *
Was it Acuvue Oasys? eyebrowes.gif Those ARE NICE. wink.gif

YES!
oh my gosh, i would have probably just stopped wearing contacts if the guy didn't mention those. he said they're better known for moisture but don't focus as well. i've used these for over a year and ILOVETHEMMMM. happy.gif
datass
yeah the first time he put it on for me, i thought it was really easy. so when i tried to do it myself i poked my eye hard. wtf..
Just_Dream
QUOTE(RockItStudios @ Jul 22 2008, 07:01 PM) *
i've used these for over a year and ILOVETHEMMMM. happy.gif

victory.gif Yea my optometrist said that they finally made acuvue oasys for astigmatism! happy.gif They're pretty comfortable, I must say. :D

Man it took me so long to put the first contact in my eye. But wow that optometrist put them in my eye like a pro - faster than I've ever put them in my eye, even though his hands were shaking. He was kinda old.
iloveBrenden
That's pretty much what the dentist does is brush your teeth for you..

But yes, my optometrist has put in contacts for me, but it was because I was still learning.
gelionie
I'll do it myself, thank you very much.

Can't stand someone poking in my eye... if I move a millimetre I might go blind.
ForgiveTheSinner
First time putting in contacts, my optometrist put it in for me. Except she was really rough and I thought I would go blind.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.