Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anne Rice
Forums > Community Center > Academia > Books
only-tuesdays
I know there are a couple of topics here relating to Anne Rice, but since they're all insanely old I thought I'd start a new one just for Anne Rice in general.

Does anyone here read her books other than me? Right now I'm re-reading The Vampire Lestat. And after that I'm going to re-read Blackwood Farm. My favorite books of hers are pretty much the Mayfair series. Except for the last one, that pretty much just pissed me off.

So, discuss.
superstitious
You know, I went through a very brief Anne Rice phase. I really didn't care much for Louis (just the constant whining gets to me). I remember liking Queen of the Damned the most, out of the original series.

Anne Rice loses me though. I have a hard time dealing with page after page of ambiance.
only-tuesdays
You should try the Mayfair books. It is completely different, except once you get a little further in the series Lestat makes a few appearances.
vogueXdirge
I've read just about all of Anne Rice's books, and I loved every single page. I could re-read them for the rest of my life and I would be content. Two of the shelves on my bookshelf are just Anne Rice books XD

She makes me miss living in New Orleans.

QUOTE(only-tuesdays @ Jun 23 2008, 08:00 PM) *
You should try the Mayfair books. It is completely different, except once you get a little further in the series Lestat makes a few appearances.

I adore the Mayfair witches. Mona is my favorite :3
Lasher had to be the best for me.
only-tuesdays
I love Mona, but I think I prefer Rowan. You just can't help but love Rowan and Micheal. And then there is Rowan and Lestat....

Have you read any of her books under her other pen names?
vogueXdirge
I've only taken glances inside her erotica books. I remembered seeing something aboout anal lube leaking out of well...you know. I believe they are the Sleeping Beauty Series?

Have you?
only-tuesdays
lol Nope! I've heard about it though, and that is about enough for me. She has others though, not just the Sleeping Beauty Trilogy. I think one of them is Exit to Eden, and I don't think that one is as bad as the Sleeping Beauty books.
Luna5
I think her books are a little weird.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.