Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WAX IT OFF BABY!!
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Girls' Locker
Kay-
Ok, so me and my best friend are going to get our first brazilian wax in a week or so and i've heard some PREEETY interesting stories about peoples first times.
Did it hurt?
Is there anything i should do before the wax?
Tell me about your first time tongue.gif
LoveToMySilas
Yeah, I've always wanted to get one as well. Um...I'm pretty sure it'll hurt since it IS your pubic hair. I mean, even when I try to pick just one it hurts like crazy. I hear its more of an after pain thing, though. Good luck. thumbsup.gif
Sprague
I almost got one back in highschool, but I chickened out 'cause I'd rather not have that much pain around my sensitive areas unless it was for childbirth.

Uhm, standard advice would be the regular -- wash your pubic hair thoroughly before going, and make sure your professional rubs on soothing lotion afterwards, which I'm sure they will. Nothing else (for me, at least) to say on anything you should do before you wax.

As for it hurting, of course it'll hurt. I heard from friends who have gotten Brazilian waxes that they were asked to get into weird positions while waxing to get the best out of their dollar. I kinda rofl'ed when they told me those stories, though. shrug.gif If it hurts too much, ask the professional if you could take a breather before starting again. Or if you're hardcore, just endure it all at once, haha. Good luck, though. _smile.gif

Share your story with us once you're done. XD.gif
Glamourouz
QUOTE(Reconditee @ May 27 2008, 08:39 PM) *
I almost got one back in highschool, but I chickened out 'cause I'd rather not have that much pain around my sensitive areas unless it was for childbirth.

Uhm, standard advice would be the regular -- wash your pubic hair thoroughly before going, and make sure your professional rubs on soothing lotion afterwards, which I'm sure they will. Nothing else (for me, at least) to say on anything you should do before you wax.

As for it hurting, of course it'll hurt. I heard from friends who have gotten Brazilian waxes that they were asked to get into weird positions while waxing to get the best out of their dollar. I kinda rofl'ed when they told me those stories, though. shrug.gif If it hurts too much, ask the professional if you could take a breather before starting again. Or if you're hardcore, just endure it all at once, haha. Good luck, though. _smile.gif

Share your story with us once you're done. XD.gif

Exactly...I've vowed to myself to never get a brazilian wax until I start doing photoshoots that require me to wear lingerie & simwear...because the pain is awful from common sense & stories I've heard...in short, I wouldn't get one unless I had to...but yes please, do, share your story
mizzkewl06
when i worked in a beauty salon the head/main waxer told me that what she recommended to her clients was to take an advil or aleve 20-30 minutes prior to getting a wax... mellow.gif
i've personally haven't had it done and don't plan on getting it done anytime soon. but good luck with yours! flowers.gif
shoryuken
buncchaa ssiiissi bietchezz...

MOI waxx moii nuttzz... stubborn.gif
rockable
All I can say is OUCH! ohmy.gif
KRASiA
I've Brazilian waxed myself before, and it definetely hurts like a motherf***er, especially around your clit. But if you're willing to sacrifice a few minutes pain, the results are very worth it - you'll never get as silky smooth shaving than you do with waxing and it lasts for weeks. Good luck =D
karmakiller
Well, I think that since you're going in to a professional who does them a lot their technique is probably better than you doing it yourself. It'll hurt, but if it gets too bad speak up and let them know.
lojay
Ahhh haha. I just had my first brazilian wax about a month ago and I'm going back on Wednesday to get it redone. To be honest, it hurt, but it wasn't like serious pain. I think cramps are worst than getting the wax. Also; the longer your hair, the more painful it will be, so make sure that you trim!!! But don't cut it too short or else it won't be able to pull out. You'll be fine !!! I swear it is worth it. Your vag feels like a baby's bottom afterward. I didn't want to take my hands out of my pants, my skin felt so smooth.

Oh... and if you don't wax all of it and there is still some wax left on your hair and you can't get it out, you can either shave, or use olive oil on your vag to get it off laugh.gif The olive oil dissolves the wax.

JUST MAKE SURE that you go to someone who is experienced and knows what they are doing. Obviously.
Joss-eh-lime
its all about that NAIR!

pain free, easy, takes 3 minutes, cheap, and in the privacy of your own home.

yes.
Harp
QUOTE(Joss-eh-lime @ May 31 2008, 03:28 PM) *
its all about that NAIR!

pain free, easy, takes 3 minutes, cheap, and in the privacy of your own home.
yes.

that stuff BURNED me!

XDDDDDDDDDD
Joss-eh-lime
^well then. i may not not the brazilian nair treatment then

ive only used nair for my pits.
CocaineNoseJob
Omg my vagina was on fire afterwards!

lol it was really funny actually. The lady i had was hilarious and every so often she would be like, "im gonna blow you now " and she would blow air on my vajay-j to make the pain ease or watever. It freakin hurt but its so worth it. I love going Brazilian. =]
espressive
don't do it right before you get your period cause your skin's most sensitive around that time so it'll hurt more (than it already does!)

if you're doing it for an occasion, do it like a two days prior cause it's not so sexy the few first hours.

be prepared to have a fire crotch! it's equivalent to having a sunburn, but worse. buy cooling gel stuff or something. mine usually comes in my waxing kit. cooling gel is like aloe vera to your burning crotch lol
dosomethin888
I got mine done once... but I think she was in a hurry so she left little patches... and she used that blue wax that you rip off without using paper.. so that was weird.

And I had taken like 4 ibuprofen so it was red for a few days.. I will never have it done at that place or by that lady again!
LittleMissSunshine
LOL this is sucha coincidence because.... i just saw 40 most greatest moments of reality television. and vh1 has a moment where there was this girl who was getting married and her mother-in-law is waxer.. and she did it for her daughter-in-law. her face was red.. and yellllled a lot, by the way i can see it... it hurts!
dosomethin888
QUOTE(shannlovin @ Oct 27 2008, 05:50 PM) *
LOL this is sucha coincidence because.... i just saw 40 most greatest moments of reality television. and vh1 has a moment where there was this girl who was getting married and her mother-in-law is waxer.. and she did it for her daughter-in-law. her face was red.. and yellllled a lot, by the way i can see it... it hurts!

Lol, Ive seen that. I dont think I'd want my mother-in-law doin that for me! HAHA
espressive
QUOTE(shannlovin @ Oct 27 2008, 06:50 PM) *

it was on MTV's Engaged & Underaged. i totally saw that lol. except the funniest part was that she had her legs sprawled out facing the window and the blinds weren't shut so the neighbors probaby got a nice view XD.gif
Hot-for-Scots
Steam your hair beforehand, it makes the hair follicles widen up and it will hurt less... or so I've heard.
Kay-
QUOTE(Hot-for-Scots @ Nov 22 2008, 11:18 AM) *
Steam your hair beforehand, it makes the hair follicles widen up and it will hurt less... or so I've heard.

Yes, that sounds good. I should steam my vagina.
Tung
^ you're cute.
Kay-
^ tongue.gif that's what I least expected to hear from someone after I say I should steam my vag hahaha but i'll take it, thank you =]
diputs
how the hell do u steam ur vagina? lol
blueragedesigns
It doesn't hurt that much. It's really weird (If someone does it for you), it tickles when they put the wax on etc (I giggled lots, the girl must of thought I was fricken crazy) but it doesn't HURT as much as people lead on. Then again, I'm not a girly girl. So I can withstand lots of pain etc... lol
blueragedesigns
BTW just trim your hair first. (:L This topic is prob old) although the person SHOULD do it for you if you "forget"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.