Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: for michelle
Forums > Community Center > Academia > Art
brooklyneast05

gouache paint
the assignment was to transform something from geometric to organic

ink
the assignment was....idk. to create something or other. i just like the one on the right.

gouache paint
we had to show an action about to take place. the mouse is about to get it's head torn off in the trap _smile.gif i just did it so i could make cool wall paper.

magazine clippings
i forget what the point was. besides we had to reverse gradients on top of each other. the background is one, the stuff is another going the opposite way.

that junk is from before. you and i have talked about drawing class though, and how i hate it. there's not much to show...it seems like we never finish anything really. we did a bunch of line drawings that look like unfinished junk. anyway these are the only three that feel complete really.

charcoal
the ONE day we got to draw outside. it was hard.

ink
one of the 742821 billion boring still life drawings. it turned out alright though.

charcoal
a less boring still life. this is probably the only one i've liked so far. it's the most recent. i think i'm getting there.
Simba
I didn't know you were in the art game, man. Cool stuff. thumbsup.gif

I liked the magazine clippings one especially, for some reason.
Tung
I know it's for Michelle and Toya, but can I comment on it?

- The Bamboo one is really nice. The patterns on it is so simple and amazing. I like how the transition to simple blocks into the bamboo sticks look so flawless and smooth.

- The second one, the ink blots of whatever was pretty interesting. The shapes and the creativity you had on it really fascinated me.

- The mouse image was pretty cute, and simple. The pink background looks like real actual wallpaper, so I thought that was pretty cool.

- The last one, the skeleton charcoal was absolutely gorgeous. It was my favorite one. Never knew what an artist you were JC. Are you an Arts major?
lkajsfklajskds
i love the charcoal and magazine clippings.
theyre all really great, though

why specifically for michelle and toya?
brooklyneast05
thanks tung, and yeah art is my major.

QUOTE(SilentLaugh @ Mar 31 2008, 05:12 PM) *
i love the charcoal and magazine clippings.
theyre all really great, though

why specifically for michelle and toya?

thankssssss

it's not specifically for them really, but michelle asked to see some stuff of mine so i named it for her.

QUOTE(ArjunaCapulong @ Mar 31 2008, 05:05 PM) *
I liked the magazine clippings one especially, for some reason.

same here. i never really know why.
missnh
Holy, I love #2 and #4. You're really good with organic lines.
Joanne
I love love LOVE #1, 2, and 4. And the wallpaper in #3 is beautiful. =D
transcendentalism
I had no clue you were an artist?
arghrawr
Woah, woah, I've been stalkin' these here forums for quite some time. I didn't know you arteded!
The second and fourth ones are pretty trippy.
I'd really like to see the fifth one completed because it looks like it has so many intricate details. And kudos, I can never use charcoal without smudging it terribly. sad.gif
tokyo-rose
I don't have enough time to comment on everything right now, but

JC YOU ARE MY FAVORITE NEW CREATEBLOG ARTIST.
synatribe
I love the bamboo one tha best :] biggrin.gif
misoshiru
the poor mouse. D:
AimeeLynn
These are amazing
I absolutely love the magazine clippings
Insurmountable
I love the first one. The the rat that is about to get its head torn off. And the last one, I think I like it the most.

The circles in some of the pieces stick out to me a lot, do you like using circles?
tokyo-rose
Just showing more love for JC's work. Have you made anything new lately?
brooklyneast05
^not really =/ i mean i've done stuff, but really not that much that i've been satisfied with. i'm going to do stuff this summer on my own. these are the only two that i really cared for at all.

click to enlarge

this one is rough and isn't really finished or anything, but i liked where it was going.

click to enlarge

QUOTE(Insurmountable @ May 13 2008, 07:59 PM) *
The circles in some of the pieces stick out to me a lot, do you like using circles?

yeah i do. i always find myself drawing circles. circles and flowers...i don't know why i draw flowers a lot...i just think they are fun and the shapes are nice.

my sketchbook is filled with flower junk and things that contain a lot of circles. stuff like this:

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

tokyo-rose
Where'd you go to draw the first two pieces?

The third one makes me think of wheels and gears.
Insurmountable
Oh I love those flowers. They're so simple and clean.

I draw a lot of blocks and stuff. I like clean lines.
LoveToMySilas
These are beautiful! I really really like the one with the mouse. The color and images just jump out at you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.