Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: no favre topic?
Forums > Community Center > Interests > Sports
karmakiller
It's been ALL over the news here. It won't stop, and it's driving me nuts. Every newspaper you pick up there's a huge picture of him with a goodbye headline. The press conference cut into programming. Gahhhhh!
weed
QUOTE(karmakiller @ Mar 6 2008, 10:37 PM) *
It's been ALL over the news here.

what has babe? i have no clue what you speak of.
yrrnotelekktric
^haha.

OMG! HE`S NOT PLAYING ANYMORE?

nowai!
Teesa
waiiit ^are you two being serious? i hope not ohmy.gif haha, unless you couldn't care less about football.

hmmmmmm, i didn't expect him to retire obviously, but i think he's a classy guy and had an AMAZING year so he ended on a good note.
tokyo-rose
Yep, read about this. It doesn't affect me since I don't follow football, but my brother said that Favre is cool when he plays. Mm.
yrrnotelekktric
QUOTE(Teesa @ Mar 7 2008, 06:19 AM) *
waiiit ^are you two being serious? i hope not ohmy.gif haha, unless you couldn't care less about football.

hmmmmmm, i didn't expect him to retire obviously, but i think he's a classy guy and had an AMAZING year so he ended on a good note.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3276034
Teesa
^i'm not saying he ended on a good note physically, i'm saying he played terrific his last year.
Steven
QUOTE(Synesthesia @ Mar 7 2008, 11:19 AM) *
Yep, read about this. It doesn't affect me since I don't follow football, but my brother said that Favre is cool when he plays. Mm.

Favre is arguably one of the best quarterbacks of all time, both as a player and as a person. He stuck w/ the same team for almost his entire career, going through thick and thin with them. He set numerous records, including most starts in a row (he played w/ broken bones, and still won). Every time he scored a TD, he would celebrate w/ his team, not as an individual. He always talked to the other team before and after the game, congratulating them on their wins, and vice versa. Favre was just a great guy, and he's great to his fans.
yrrnotelekktric
QUOTE(Teesa @ Mar 8 2008, 02:34 PM) *
^i'm not saying he ended on a good note physically, i'm saying he played terrific his last year.

i was just showing you that he was retiring.
karmakiller
Well, I'm sure that I've heard about this a lot more than most people, seeing as I live in Wisconsin. It made a lot of people look pathetic, though, because they were almost crying over this. Favre has been saying he was retiring for the past few years. Seriously, people went into mourning. But the fans loved him, so I guess there's some big shoes to fill.
yrrnotelekktric
^wow, that`s pretty intense. The only reason I heard it was because of you. pinch.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.