Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: detroit red wings
Forums > Community Center > Interests > Sports
JokeInsideJoke
any one else have the same passion for the red wings that i do????

karmakiller
I've always enjoyed watching sports, but I don't think I've ever had a favorite team... in any sport.
paperplane
I just can't believe there's a team called the Red Wings. I mean really.
ThunderEvermore
Well considering they are hands down the best team in the league...

I'm actually a Caps fan
JokeInsideJoke
QUOTE(ThunderEvermore @ Feb 20 2008, 12:21 AM) *
Well considering they are hands down the best team in the league...

I'm actually a Caps fan

yea we are, even after a 6 game losing streak we are still # one in the NHL

the capitals are good, but so are the Ducks (2nd fave team)

QUOTE(paperplane @ Feb 19 2008, 08:25 PM) *
I just can't believe there's a team called the Red Wings. I mean really.

i will not comment on what an utterly stupid coment this is.....
paperplane
QUOTE(ProudLeechLover @ Feb 20 2008, 03:34 PM) *
i will not comment on what an utterly stupid coment this is.....

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=red+wings

rolleyes.gif
JokeInsideJoke
this is what i got...........

3. Red Wings

01. One of the finest hockey teams known to man. Headquartered in Detroit, MI, USA and captained by Steve Yzerman- a living legend of on-ice talent, leadership, and courage. My team has 10 Stanley Cup winning seasons- does yours?
02. Performing cunnilingus upon a menstruating female.

03. Brand of high quality work boots.

paperplane
And how many definitions down did you have to go for that? Do you really think I give a f**k about the hockey team? Does that even have ANYTHING to do with my initial post that you found objectionable?
ThunderEvermore
My team has a big 0 Stanley Cups.

Only one showing at the finals, in over 30 years.

And we got blown away by...

Guess who?
JokeInsideJoke
QUOTE(paperplane @ Feb 20 2008, 07:24 PM) *
And how many definitions down did you have to go for that? Do you really think I give a f**k about the hockey team? Does that even have ANYTHING to do with my initial post that you found objectionable?

i only had to go down three.
and if you don't like like hockey, stop posting in this topic.
JokeInsideJoke
and, ThunderEvermore, the only teams that i know of that have never won the Cup are:
Atlanta Thrashers
Buffalo Sabres
Columbus Blue Jackets
Los Angeles Kings
Ottawa Senators (expansion)
Nashville Predators
Minnesota Wild
Phoenix Coyotes
Washington Capitals
St. Louis Blues
Vancouver Canucks
San Jose Sharks
Florida Panthers

which one are you???
paperplane
OMAGAWD hockey is serious business
I am soooooooo sorry for posting something that caused you to get all defensive and shit.
And yeabitch, you had to go down three so you know where I'm coming from in thinking that Red Wings it a TERRIBLE name.
ThunderEvermore
1) The Red Wings were named over 80 years ago, far before the slang term was ever invented.

2) My team is the Washington Capitals.

Wow I can't believe teh Sens and the Sabres have never won a Cup. Although the Sens have sort of sucked up until the last 10 years.

I honestly think that if we (the Caps) can buckle down, we can easily make it into the playoffs, and essentially we can beat any team in the east, including the Senators who we've destroyed this season. Then all we have to worry about is the Red Wings(again, see 1998 Stanley Cup Finals) and thats assuming they get out of their drought in the past 10 games.
JokeInsideJoke
QUOTE(ThunderEvermore @ Feb 21 2008, 02:25 PM) *
1) The Red Wings were named over 80 years ago, far before the slang term was ever invented.

Wow I can't believe teh Sens and the Sabres have never won a Cup. Although the Sens have sort of sucked up until the last 10 years.

I honestly think that if we (the Caps) can buckle down, we can easily make it into the playoffs, and essentially we can beat any team in the east, including the Senators who we've destroyed this season. Then all we have to worry about is the Red Wings(again, see 1998 Stanley Cup Finals) and thats assuming they get out of their drought in the past 10 games.

biggrin.gif
the red wings were only in a drought for six games, but we won our last (4,0).... unless you wer talking about the Caps...

and the urban dictionary is wrong, yzerman isnt captin any more *sigh*. its nick lidstrom

ThunderEvermore
Well what I meant is that you've lost 6 of the last 10

The Caps have gone 40 games without a consecutive loss.
JokeInsideJoke
thumbsup.gif
even the best teams suck sometimes.
mabey the caps will come in second in the playoffs this year....behing the red wings, of course.... happy.gif
DoubleJ
click to enlarge
JokeInsideJoke
ThunderEvermore
click to enlarge
JokeInsideJoke
*smile*
Detective
Bruins fan over here!
JokeInsideJoke
^^ there okay....
ThunderEvermore
Everytime the Caps play the bruins its like a battle royale.
JokeInsideJoke
same with the RW and the st. louis Blues
Teesa
even though they are the best team..

i'm a hardcore avs fan.

so not the biggest fan of the red wings _smile.gif
JokeInsideJoke
^^ psh, whatever.

aniwink.gif
Teesa
haha _smile.gif
JokeInsideJoke
i REALLY hate the colorado avalanche...(no offence)even more than the oilers, who beat us out of the playofs a few years ago..... and i really hate Patrick Roy....oh. my. god. i get angry just thinking about him...... :)
Teesa
patrick roy! but WHY??!?
lol
and OMG. we have peter forsberg again.
now we just have to fix the little problem of actually being IN the playoff race!
DoubleJ
QUOTE(ThunderEvermore @ Feb 21 2008, 02:25 PM) *

The caps won't beat the Devils in the playoffs. Marty Brodeur is like Mariano Rivera in the playoffs....automatic.
ThunderEvermore
QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Feb 26 2008, 01:28 PM) *
The caps won't beat the Devils in the playoffs. Marty Brodeur is like Mariano Rivera in the playoffs....automatic.

Yeah well with the Stars and the Ducks so close behind the Wings because of their slump in the recent time, and the trades going on today, we might not have to.

Not to mention we just upped out defense with the pick up of Cristobal Huet. I've thought for a long time that the main thing we lack is in goal, and we can fix that with huet who is a top 20 goalie. But with an active D with Mike Green, the huge offense of Ovechkin, and a new man in goal, it's entirely possible that we could make it far in the playoffs this year, and a cup might not be too far off in the future.
DoubleJ
A good goalie can carry a team very far.
ThunderEvermore
Very true. Turco, Brodeur, Luongo. It's a critical part of any team.
JokeInsideJoke
oh, speeking of golies, hasek and osgood are teh 1st and 2nd best Goals Against Average golies!!!!
yay RW!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.