Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Studio Ghibli
Forums > Community Center > Interests > Anime
Luna5
I just watched My Neighbor Totoro and thought it was very cute. biggrin.gif

Does anyone else like there movies?
Just_Dream
Ahh I love Totoro! I have the DVD! Or well, had it. I think I left it at my niece's house. My niece has Castle in the Sky. It's so cute. I need to watch it again. I loved the storyline. <33

I've seen all the Hayao Miyazaki films except for Nausicaa: Valley of the Wind.

Totoro <333
monster
nausicca is the shitzzz
pandamonium
i love totoro, kiki's delivery service and spirited away.
Luna5
QUOTE(pandamonium @ Jan 14 2008, 11:19 AM) *
i love totoro, kiki's delivery service and spirited away.

I've seen all those and thought they were good. I'm going to try and buy some more online. I love the drawlings and cute characters. biggrin.gif
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(Just_Dream @ Jan 14 2008, 10:37 AM) *
I've seen all the Hayao Miyazaki films except for Nausicaa: Valley of the Wind.

I need to see that one.

Totoro + the cat bus = win. I love Miyazaki films.
Luna5
I thought Nausicaa: Valley of the Wind was kinda boring.
HaruHaruko
QUOTE(BunkyWhiteGirl @ Jan 14 2008, 10:11 PM) *
I thought Nausicaa: Valley of the Wind was kinda boring.

it's probably because it's less childish. i liked it though, it's a great adventure story. some other good ones to see are howl's moving castle, porco rosso, princess mononoke, and the cat returns, i couldn't tell you which is the best because they're all good in their own way.
HelplessCry
i'd have to say howls moving castle was the best....for surrrre.
i watched it so many times...and yet i still love it. then spirited away...im disappointed on how it ended...i wonder if they ever met again.
queen
grave of the fireflies. hands down. none of the others come close to it except my neighbor totoro. spirited away comes up third, but pretty far, imo.

edit: i think nausicaa actually ties with spirited away.
Senta
I love Miyazaki movies
He's greaaaat.
:D
I own all of his movies, though I haven't gotten around to watching all of them
but I think my favorite (from the ones I've seen) would be "Whisper of the Heart" (I think that's the name :D)
lkajsfklajskds
QUOTE(BunkyWhiteGirl @ Jan 14 2008, 10:32 AM) *
Does anyone else like there movies?

their**
sorry, people confusing the their/there/they're 's just bothers me pinch.gif

on topic: i used to think i didnt like anime. till i watched this one (dont remember name) and it was so intriguing. maybe i'll watch he one you're talking about
foxx
Howl's moving castle and spirited away are definitely my favorites.
I also liked Nausicaa, Princess Mononoke, and Kiki's Delivery service. :]
i need to see Totoro though sad.gif
Insurmountable
Hey I have a ton of movies by Studio Ghibli. I love all of them!

My favorites are always going to be by Hayao Miyazaki.

I have Howl's moving castle (floating around somewhere >_<), Spirited Away, Castle in the sky, My Neighbor Totoro, Princess Mononoke, Grave of the Fireflies, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, and Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro.

Some are still stuck in Japanese, but its okay. I've been trying to find Whisper of the Heart though.
Luna5
I bought the one with the raccoons a couple of months ago and what's with those "magical balls" they have? When I first saw that that I'm like OMG this is a kids movie.
Luna5
?
moorepocket
i LoVe everything and anything by hayao miyazaki. My favorite is Howl's Moving Castle. I want to collect all of his movies.
superstitious
I'm still a Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke freak. I love listening to the Spirited Away soundtrack.
transcendentalism
i've only seen howl's moving castle for a school project. it was alll riiight.... did not expect christian bale's voice for howl though. hahahh
Amaranthus
I adore Castle in the Sky and Spirited Away.
They make me feel good inside.

Princess Mononoke isn't that bad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.