Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: quitting
Forums > Community Center > Interests > Anime
dannyordinary
I'm quitting on anime.

IDK why, i think it's because it really isn't appealing to me.

I still enjoy manga, but the stuff in anime that is
out right now isn't really doing it for me. The only anime
that I really enjoyed recently was Death Note, and even that
ended in disapointment for me.

idk...just thought i would post about it.
tokyo-rose
I've always preferred manga to anime. I thought that this thread would be about how to quit anime, haha.
jeanna
anime is pretty .. umm, well it tends to make the people i know become crazy. they believe they are the characters they see in the movie and comic books, etc.
brooklyneast05
^lmao
Tung
Hentai is the way to go.
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(jeanna @ Dec 8 2007, 05:31 PM) *
anime is pretty .. umm, well it tends to make the people i know become crazy. they believe they are the characters they see in the movie and comic books, etc.

I don't know any anime fans like that. Maybe you just know really weird ones.
Tung
I think she's talking about the cosplay kinds.
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(tungmyBANANA @ Dec 8 2007, 05:40 PM) *
I think she's talking about the cosplay kinds.

If that's the case, that's not anime fans thinking they are the characters. They just like to dress up like them. I've seen some really amazing cosplayers. And I've cosplayed Misa from Death Note, but I don't think I'm her..
Tung
QUOTE(Synesthesia @ Dec 8 2007, 02:52 PM) *
If that's the case, that's not anime fans thinking they are the characters. They just like to dress up like them. I've seen some really amazing cosplayers. And I've cosplayed Misa from Death Note, but I don't think I'm her..

That's hot. Do you have pics?
RyanWasHere
QUOTE(Synesthesia @ Dec 8 2007, 05:38 PM) *
I don't know any anime fans like that. Maybe you just know really weird ones.

Was that implying that people who like anime aren't normally weird? XD.gif
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(tungmyBANANA @ Dec 8 2007, 05:54 PM) *
That's hot. Do you have pics?

Uh.. I'll add you on Facebook and you can see the Misa!Cristy album. But just so you know, I didn't cosplay the slutty Misa.

QUOTE(RyanWasHere @ Dec 8 2007, 05:56 PM) *
Was that implying that people who like anime aren't normally weird? XD.gif

No, not all of them. :P
RyanWasHere
QUOTE(Synesthesia @ Dec 8 2007, 05:58 PM) *
No, not all of them. :P

Fair enough.
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(RyanWasHere @ Dec 8 2007, 05:59 PM) *
Fair enough.

I mean, there are the otakus who are all anime all the time, and then there are the anime fans who know how to control themselves.
dannyordinary
I've never cosplayed. I've only been to one Con.

I just posted this because i've been a fan for so long, and I
needed to let this out. hehe.
NewUsername
I was a lot more into anime when I was in middle school... It can be pretty overwhelming. I was having dreams about it, and walking around with this giant imaginary spotlight over me as though I was part of a cartoon.
superstitious
Sometimes it seems as if there is just too much to choose from. I tend to stick to what I find to be classics, what I enjoy and I haven't explored new anime in a long time.
miyashu
a few years back, i used to be enthusiastic about anime.

but due to personal things, i didn't have the time to follow my favorite shows and just became disinterested.

now i prefer manga.
superficial
I hate it when I read a book, and when I watch the anime, I get damn irritated from their voices. So I usually just stick to manga nowadays, because it's easier, and sometimes, I'm not fond of the anime graphics. :X
lovescream
Super anime freaks scare me.
(No offense), but especially the FAT white ones. The ones at my school just bug and scare the f**k out of me. Ugh.

But yeah, lol.
Now I prefer manga over anime as well, but I'm starting to change my ways slowly back to animeeee ._.
hypnotique
Anime > manga
For sailor moon or Ghost in the shell.

Manga > anime
Everything else especially chobits and anything CLAMP.
superstitious
Anime = Manga for Ranma 1/2.

Seriously. I have the entire Ranma 1/2 collection for both and I adore them equally.

I wouldn't say I was quitting or have quit anime. I just don't seek it out necessarily. If I see an intriguing character in media somehow (beit a commercial, a graphic on a layout, etc), I might google to see what the toon is all about but that's really as far as I go as far as finding new anime is concerned.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.