Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Layout problem
Forums > Resource Center > Support Center > Livejournal Support > Livejournal Resolved Topics
kaitouryu
I was hope someone would be able to help me figure out why I can't get this layout to work. I would contact the creator, except s/he doesn't seem to be reachable.

My main problem is that the instructions were written for the old LJ customization system. I'm assuming it has since changed from the last time I changed my LJ layout because I can't even find the 'Look and Feel' button. This leads to the issue of me not being able to work this out myself... or just giving up ;)

What happens when I thought I had installed it correctly, the entire left side of the layout was missing. The main picture as well as the left column were both gone.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you very much! ^_^
moorepocket
actually, LJ is pretty much the same. Nothing changes.

When you're logged in. Click on the "journal" tab, and choose "customized journal". ANd that's where you see everything.
kaitouryu
Hm... any idea why half of it wouldn't be showing up then? I don't know very much at all about coding so I wouldn't know the first thing to look for in erroneous codes...
moorepocket
post that in your page, and let's see.
kaitouryu
as in install in into my livejournal? It's done and my screen name here is that same for livejournal :) Ignore the adolescent whining in the entries XD

The main difference in editing I noticed was the instruction to change the layout to generator... I can change about four things to 'generator' but nothing that says layout specifically...
moorepocket
you didn't tell me that you have a plus account. That changes everything.

find this in your css.
CODE
table {
width: 300px;
margin-left:660px;
margin-right: 100%; }

table table {
width: 100%;
margin:10;
border: none; }

table table table {
width: auto;
border:none; }

and add another table to it.
table table {
width: 300px;
margin-left:660px;
margin-right: 100%; }

table table table {
width: 100%;
margin:10;
border: none; }

table table table table {
width: auto;
border:none; }
kaitouryu
Oh dear... :( I didn't know I did either >.< Sorry! T-T *fail*

I changed both sets of the 'table' s but still not go... Is there more that I just can't find?

Is it strange that there seems to be a duplicate of part of the coding at the end? There's two sets of my web address (friends, add friends, etc)
moorepocket
it suppose to have it like that.

When i put this in to my lj. It looks fine. Make sure you have your website define, your layout (and everything) set to generator. And fix the css, which i gave you.
kaitouryu
um... what's website define? I have everything set to generator... could there be something I'm not doing correctly? A box I need to (un)check? Thanks for all the help though... I suppose it's just my l/j being stupid because I can get almost any other layout to work... it's just this one that's got me stumped T-T
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.