Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transcription error
Forums > Resource Center > Support Center > Livejournal Support > Livejournal Resolved Topics
Tyrran
Hello everyone. First time caller here with a big problem. I recently did a transcription for a friend, and completely messed up what she had said. Now she's getting kind of upset and I want to edit or remove the transcription. Making a secondary transcription is an option but only if I can remove the old one. How can I go about this? LJ support has given me NOTHING.

-Tyrran
moorepocket
what are you talking about?
Mulder
"transcriptions" have nothing to do with LJ.

perhaps this belongs in tech?
moorepocket
what "transcription" means anyway?
Mulder
i think she means "translation"?
moorepocket
maybe.
libertie
I think the OP's talking about when people make a voice post, you'll usually get the text version and "transcribed by ______". If it hasn't been transcribed yet, you have the option of doing it yourself.

However, if you add a new transcription, that one will post in the entry - the other one won't show up unless you click the "transcribed" link at the bottom of the post. Unfortunately, and this is pretty stupid IMO, but as far as I know there's no way to delete a transcription. sad.gif

(Sorry, I know this is really late.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.