Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: To Kill a Mockingbird
Forums > Community Center > Academia > Books
Pages: 1, 2
1angel3
Who read To KIll A Mocking Bird by Herper Lee in school? It was a cool book, I also seen the movie, I'm not much of a reader, but I love this book, better than Harry Pottor in my opinion.
shannonx1
I didn't really like it that much
steve330
twas all right. Wasn't a mind-number to read. Of all the books I was forced to read in highschool, however, I think Fallen Angels (book bout Vietnam) was my favorite.
AimeeLynn
I hated the book =P
michellerrific
At first it was okay but now that I'm reading A Tale Of Two Cities i have come to realize that it was actually a pretty good book.
alysaphobia

I liked it.
Sweet story, really. The movie was actually okay, to o.
moorepocket
watch the movie. DOn't read.
hi-C
A lot of books are better than Harry Potter.
Phil2thejay
Not a fan of the book.
SayBloodyMary
DUDE.

How can ANYONE not love this book?

Did you not UNDERSTAND the book?
Phil2thejay
QUOTE(SayBloodyMary @ May 28 2007, 12:33 PM) *
DUDE.

I understood it. Just isnt my type of book~
marzipan
QUOTE(SayBloodyMary @ May 28 2007, 11:33 AM) *
DUDE.

I know!!
I love this book!

It's a great storyline, and it has important morals to grasp from it.
It's my favorite book, along with the Harry Potter series.
LennonLime
Interesting book...I liked it when we read it for school.... _smile.gif
31miracles
everyone in my school district has to read it 8th grade

pretty good book
I felt that the discrimination could have been exaggerated more
HelloSunshine
I'm reading it over the summer. _smile.gif

I've heard it's a pretty good book..
1angel3
^yep it is a good book
xoxo_proud
I loved the book. Didn't like the movie
SayBloodyMary
^ Really? Gregory Peck? Classic...
trulyandnever
I read the book.. it was alright- but nothing too special. I dont get what the big deal with it is.
AddenLee
liked the book, hated the movie.. dotn care for harry potter... im nmore of a Tolkien reader, but TKAM i liked alot. the naration voice is what i liked
YourSuperior
I read the book and I've seen the movie. I love them both. I like black and white movies.
DarkImpressions
Ive seen this movie before.
volcom02
ha this was the last book we read in school it was alrite
good thing we didn't have time to read the full version :p
we read a shortened version!
Gigi
Yes I've read it last year for school. I think it's amazing. The movie was amazing, too, partly because Gregory Peck was perfection in it. Usually I hate all the novels that I'm forced to read in high school (I've read a bunch of crap over the years in my English Honours classes, no less), but To Kill a Mockingbird was the only one I've ever enjoyed.

It's one of those books that carries you throughout your life, and contains important lessons and morals that you can apply forever, which is why it's still a classic today and will continue to be a part of classic literature in the future.
MyMichelle
I don't think this book is better than HP; I thought it was just the same level as the other school books we've had to read.
lkajsfklajskds
i read it. in the fifther grade, actually (i know, what a bookworm, right?) it was pretty good in my opinion, didnt like movie as much. not a huge harry potter fan but in a way i would say it is better than harry potter. i dont understand why people are so upsest with harry potter. there are thousands of books just like it elsewhere. most are even better. personally, i like the books that arent as well-known =]
taurus4321
i loved this book!
pinacoolada
Amazing book. I read it in 8th grade.
tokyo-rose
I read it for school in seventh grade. It's pretty good, but I don't remember that happens it it.
vietbabiiix3
Hehe, I read this book in school. I thought it was interesting because we actually went into depth about the deeper meanings and morals of the book. However, if I were to read it outside, I think it would have been a dud.
xhidethedetails
We had to read it in English.
I wasnt a huge fan of it really.
jeSs1cA
i hated that book! hammer.gif
1angel3
QUOTE(SilentLaugh @ Jun 17 2007, 02:55 PM) *
i read it. in the fifther grade, actually (i know, what a bookworm, right?) it was pretty good in my opinion, didnt like movie as much. not a huge harry potter fan but in a way i would say it is better than harry potter. i dont understand why people are so upsest with harry potter. there are thousands of books just like it elsewhere. most are even better. personally, i like the books that arent as well-known =]

I don't know why people make a big deal out of harry potter niether because for some reason my mom is against it. I read it but I enjoyed To Kill A Mocking Bird better because I can relate to it more. Plus Harry Potter books are to long. I guess I don't have the patience.
heyyfrankie
now, i wouldn't go as far as to say that it's better than HP, but yes it was pretty good. :xD:hahah
i actually like it, alot. and the book was better than the movie, IMO...but that's usually the case when it comes to movies based on books.
jennyjenny
... how does harry potter compare with to kill a mockingbird?

we read to kill a mockingbird freshman year. compared to julius caesar, our town, and mythology, it was considered an up-to-date book in our curriculum. i didn't too too hot on the quizzes though.
xLINDAAA
yep i had to read it for my english class. and at first i thought it would be pretty boring.
but it's actually really really good. i watched the movie too, and that was pretty good too. but i couldn't say that it's better than harry potter xD
ashxx69xbaby
i read the book && seen the movie! it made me like reading a lil bit more and it gave me and some of my classmates a good insite on life as we get older and out in the so called "real world" ermm.gif
marzipan
I don't really think you can compare the book to Harry Potter. ermm.gif They're about two totally different things.
1angel3
I wasn't comparing them, That's just my opinion. I don't expect you to feel the same way. These are just books I read and I happen to like To Kill A Mocking Bird better. I can relate to it better. Maybe I shouldn't bring up Harry Potter, and I wasn't a big fan of fantasy books anyway.
blacknailpolish
Um...why are we talking about Harry Potter now?

Anyway, this was one of my mom's favorite books/movies, so she made me read it in like the fifth grade, and actually it was really quite good. But yeah I don't know why we're comparing it now to HP. Can we try going through one topic in this forum without bringing it up, please? I just looked at one of the topics about Twilight and even there they brought up HP. People, if you want to talk about Harry Potter there's a whole other topic just for that. Go there, please and thank you.
aznxRawr
I read it in 7th grade. Amazing book thumbsup.gif
Jeng
I've read it for summer reading I think, or was it in school, doesn't matter but I also saw the movie, pretty good. I thought it was one of the best books I've read from school.
lostgrl16
i read this in hs, cant remember the story at the moment LOL i have a couple storylines floating around in my head but its about a little girl, her brother, crazy guy? i think lol since i recognized the name, probably means i read the whole story. been meanin to go back and read it again, probably should start since im looking for a book to read now lol
emazing
I've read this; it was mandatory for our English class though. _smile.gif Definitely a tearjerker, and it became one of my favorite books when I was done with it.
Crash2
I read this freshman year and thought it was good. I haven't seen the movie though
1angel3
QUOTE(candy_coated_kisses @ Jul 24 2007, 03:26 AM) *
Um...why are we talking about Harry Potter now?

Anyway, this was one of my mom's favorite books/movies, so she made me read it in like the fifth grade, and actually it was really quite good. But yeah I don't know why we're comparing it now to HP. Can we try going through one topic in this forum without bringing it up, please? I just looked at one of the topics about Twilight and even there they brought up HP. People, if you want to talk about Harry Potter there's a whole other topic just for that. Go there, please and thank you.

Go read the first post
courtn3y
I have and I loved it.
Relentless
I read this book in freshman year. It was okay. Then after we finished it, we saw the B&W movie of it. o.O
LadyXTor
I loved this book so much.
hollywoodpink
I read it for school in seventh grade, I think. It was pretty good but I wouldn't read it again, not my kind of book.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.