Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Change your usernames!
Forums > News and Announcements > Announcements
Pages: 1, 2
micron
Change your usernames to work with CB subdomains. If your subdomain doesn't work because you have invalid characters in your username (everything not a-z0-9- is invalid), or if you simply don't like your current username, click on the link below to change your username. You will be able to change your username once every six months, so please consider carefully before choosing a new one. If you end up not liking it, you're going to have to live with it. Admins no longer can change your usernames without breaking your CB4 personal pages. Also, next time you log in, remember to use your NEW username to log in, otherwise you won't be able to.

http://www.createblog.com/home/username.php

EDIT;
if an admin changed your username at any time in the past, not all pages will reflect your current username (like your submitted layouts). To fix this problem, just input your CURRENT username to the form.
shortcake
Umm what is the subdomain and where do we go to access it? Dunno where this should go.
relaxdontrelapse
^
at the top of the page, click my account and go from there
micron
^

here's your subdomain: http://supimateecup.createblog.com/
you change your content, go to "My account" found in the top right corner of each page.
StanleyThePanda
Yayyy for being able to change our usernames!
And when we change our username, our profile url with change too, correct?
AngelicEyz00
OMG what should I change my name to? dance.gif
relaxdontrelapse
QUOTE(AngelicEyz00 @ May 24 2007, 11:00 PM) *
ilikehavingsexallnightlong
micron
QUOTE(StanleyThePanda @ May 25 2007, 01:00 PM) *
Yayyy for being able to change our usernames!
And when we change our username, our profile url with change too, correct?

yes, everything should work seemlessly.

QUOTE(AngelicEyz00 @ May 25 2007, 01:00 PM) *

ilovemicron rolleyes.gif
AngelicEyz00
QUOTE(relaxdontrelapse @ May 24 2007, 09:01 PM) *
ilikehavingsexallnightlong

QUOTE(micron @ May 24 2007, 09:02 PM) *
yes, everything should work seemlessly.
ilovemicron rolleyes.gif

LOL to the two of you laugh.gif
The Markster
Oh, yay. I'm currently satisfied with my username (and I think I will be for a long time). But I was just wondering. Is there like a script that automatically detects if it's been six months? Or do the admin check it manually?
micron
its detected automagically.
The Markster
QUOTE(micron @ May 24 2007, 09:15 PM) *

Ahaha tiiight. XD.gif
Micron. Me envies your PHP skills.
shotgunFUNERAL
it works
StanleyThePanda
QUOTE(micron @ May 25 2007, 12:15 AM) *

Automagically? Thats probably the most awesome word I've seen all day. laugh.gif
micron
QUOTE(The Markster @ May 25 2007, 01:17 PM) *
Ahaha tiiight. XD.gif
Micron. Me envies your PHP skills.

nah, im just a hack job. =)

QUOTE(shotgunFUNERAL @ May 25 2007, 01:29 PM) *
it works

nice nice. =) i didnt test it on teh server, just locally so i wasnt sure for sure.
gelionie
This is nice... but I'm not being very creative with usernames now...
So is it we can change our usernames for the first time after cB4 whenever we like?
Rachel
QUOTE(micron @ May 24 2007, 09:15 PM) *

laugh.gif I almost want to change my name to Automagically now.
Jeng
Neato, and the timespan is fair enough :D
tripvertigo
k. since brackets arent supported, i fixed my username.

- [2]Nekked
micron
i forgot to mention if at anytime you requested an admin to change your username, your cb submissions (layouts, favs) wouldnt reflect your current name. input your current username to the name changer and that should update everything to reflect your current username.
gelionie
I changed my username, but the huge black username on my profile page is still the old one.
micron
^ oh that you change via edit profile / basic settings
gelionie
Thanks Jusun! :D
tokyo-rose
Thank you for this. I just changed my username. :]
slammin shelby
Ohh this was a good idea. For those people who do like to change their names every 5 minutes :D
I wanna change mineee.
HelplessCry
SAH-WEEEEE HEEET.

hmmm ive been wanting to change mine for the longest time and now i have the privelege too. thankyou so much :D
phoenixdown
dood this is great. :]]
loveylovely
I'm really confused. ermm.gif Is there a way that there can be a list with all of the old usernames?

I don't know who anyone is anymore.
loveylovely
Yeah, that would work, too. Not many people would go for it. though. rolleyes.gif
AngelicEyz00
Micron, I have a request.

Can you delete the user who has the name "Elba" so I can have it? Pretty please?
HelloSunshine
QUOTE(loveylovely @ May 27 2007, 12:38 PM) *
Yeah, that would work, too. Not many people would go for it. though. rolleyes.gif

Hmm, many people do it already, though.

It is a little confusing, I must admit. laugh.gif

This is awesome, anyways. Love it. thumbsup.gif
NgocQuyen
lol weee i can stop calling myself a loser in my name...even though i am one. haha :) it makes me sad though, i've had that name for 3 years ><
mylittleMiracle
That's cool I have changed my username finally!
micron
oh mannnn, i made a mistake. if you have an underscore in your name, technically, you have an invalid name, since only alphnumeric plus dash is the only valid characters for subdomains (hostnames). internet explorer users will not be able to add comments to your pages (since IE only sends cookie data if the hostname is valid), so im considering reseting the username count so that those people can change their usernames again...
Rachel
QUOTE(AngelicEyz00 @ May 27 2007, 04:04 PM) *
Micron, I have a request.

Can you delete the user who has the name "Elba" so I can have it? Pretty please?

Ooooh ooooh if you do that, can you delete the "Rachel".

http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php?showuser=7220

Look, they have ZERO posts whistling.gif
micron
done and done!

PS. please dont ask an admin to delete a username (since deleting using the forum acp will only delete the forum account but not the cb4 account). if you wish to chagne your username to an account that is taken, if that account has been inactive for over a year and has zero posts, let me know! =)
Rachel
^Haha, ohh Suzzette <33

YAY thank you!!
superstitious
QUOTE(loveylovely @ May 26 2007, 11:41 PM) *
I'm really confused. ermm.gif Is there a way that there can be a list with all of the old usernames?

I don't know who anyone is anymore.

There used to be a 'view member name history' or something like that option in the profiles. I'm not seeing it now though.
LennonLime
wooo I changed my usernameeeee
falsetigerlimbs
QUOTE(micron @ May 30 2007, 12:43 AM) *
oh mannnn, i made a mistake. if you have an underscore in your name, technically, you have an invalid name, since only alphnumeric plus dash is the only valid characters for subdomains (hostnames). internet explorer users will not be able to add comments to your pages (since IE only sends cookie data if the hostname is valid), so im considering reseting the username count so that those people can change their usernames again...

Ah, ok...haha I was so confused just now. I PMed you about it, but all right, I understand now. I just hope I won't get associated with my internet past now lol...a google of "falsetigerlimbs" reveals embarrassing youtube videos of me.
sadolakced acid
unfortunately i like my username too much.

it's classic!
micron
^ you could put a dash or remove the space you know.
sadolakced acid
but i like it, space and all...

as long as i don't use the CB4 profile thing, i can keep my username as is, right?
inspiration
^ Presumably yes.

I miss "Azarel" and some wanker already registered it. What the f**k? I was going to wait out the six months. sad.gif
kazzarazza
can you tell me how to delete this account?
I no longer want to be a member....thanks
YourSuperior
QUOTE(kazzarazza @ Jul 4 2007, 12:14 PM) *
can you tell me how to delete this account?
I no longer want to be a member....thanks

I'm sorry to hear that you don't want to be a member anymore.
You'll have to PM an administrator and ask them to unregister your account. We currently have two administrators: mzkandi (Kiera) and superstitious (Rebecca).
Detective
Thanks alot Jusun, Just changed mine's.
Detective
Don't you think Thomas? I just thought that i wasn't really doing that much designing. and wanted something from csi.
MyMichelle
Can I change my screenname to Michelle? She was last active three years ago. ^_^"

If I change it... will I lose all my friends, etc?
steve330
Also if I could grab Steven, that would be cool :D User hasn't been active since Feb 26 2006, and only has one post.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.