Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need new material...
Forums > Community Center > Interests > Anime
lumpy
i've read xxxholic, peach girl, world of warcraft, i really enjoyed hikaru no go, and there was a few others in shonen jump...anybody got any suggestions of what to read next?
Just_Dream
Shonen?

- Black Cat. It's pretty interesting, but I've only read a few chapters of it. :P
- One Piece. Have you read it in Shonen Jump? This is probably one of the few shonen manga I like.
- Prince of Tennis. It's a fun read. But it depends on your preferences.

Shoujo?
- Mekakushi no Kuni aka Land of the Blindfolded. Click the link to read more about it. It's a must read.
- Nosatsu Junkie. There's only two volumes out, but it's pretty cute. The average cross-dressing story, though.
- BXB Brothers. Funny and random. Get it from shoujomagic.
- Nodame Cantible. There's a thread about it somewhere on this subforum. It's really funny.
- Ouran High School Host Club. It may be full of bishounens and revolves around a boys harem, but it's so funny that guys and girls alike can enjoy the manga. The anime's awesome as well.
chibichi15
How about:

-Chibi Vampire
-Imadoki
-Ai Yori Aoshi
-Alice 19th
-Zettai Kareshi
-Fruits Basket?
-Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden

ehhh, maybe you could just spend a couple hours at Borders or Barnes & Noble or something and pick something up in the manga section. That's what I do when I can't find anything to read
Note
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge mellow.gif
Dreamers
HUNTER X HUNTER!!! _smile.gif

Most awesome manga in exsistence. Be prepared for a shock though coz the manga-ka is ill and hasn't realeased for awhile..
Still, DON'T PASS IT UP! It gets alot better later on! Trust me. Just force yourself to read it and you might get hooked. ^_^
bigitchbay
QUOTE(Note @ Jun 21 2007, 01:47 PM) *
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge mellow.gif

Wallflower biggrin.gif
clarissa
goong!
dustbunny
REBORN ! REBORN! better yet, watch the anime cause the voices of a couple characters are hilarious =P
MyMichelle

All the Clamp mangas are great. Chobits, Magic Knight Rayearth, and a few others, I forget.
Love Hina
Paradise Kiss
Nana
Ayashi no Ceres

I LOOOOVED Peach Girl! It was one of my favorite mangas for a very long time. All my recommendations are going to be shojo, btw, haha.
ParanoidAndroid
For action stuff:
Claymore
Battle Royale
Berserk (though it seems to be taking forever to end)
Gantz (please bare with the first few volumes, it gets better trust me)
Black Lagoon
Ares

Romance/shoujo?
Nana
Paradise Kiss (especially if you're into fashion)
Hot Gimmick (you'll hate it...but you'll love it!)
The One I love (a collection of short not to mention sweet stories from Clamp)
Mars (classic bad boy meets good girl romance)
Absolute Boyfriend, also commonly known as, Zettai Kareshi

Other:
Eternal Sabbath
Homunculus
Shamo
Ergo proxy (this one is an anime)
Last Exile (anime)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.