Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to CB4!
Forums > News and Announcements > Announcements
Pages: 1, 2
micron
There are still some areas where access is restricted, but I'm really tired and about to break. I've been up since... 9am two days ago, I haven't eaten all day, and I need a shower. But I think I'll just go straight to bed.

http://micron.createblog.com/

^ thats my profile. neat huh? i customized it a bit, you'll find it very easy to do so. I'm no where near done yet, I'll keep on adding more stuff in the weeks to come... like the new myspace / xanga tracker, photos page, etc, etc. Well take care, good day, and good night.

PLEASE REPORT ALL BUGS HERE:
http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=176983
StanleyThePanda
thumbsup.gif Awesome. Jusun, you are greatest.
micron
Oh I dont have any friends yet. Add me! ;)

You'll need to setup your profile before you can do that. Click on the "my account" link on the top right corner to do that.
micron
And if you haven't set up your profile yet, the system automagically redirects to your forum profile (dubbed "stats")
clarity
go go go jusun! thumbsup.gif
StanleyThePanda
sent you a friends request. biggrin.gif
iDecay
YAY!!

QUOTE(tic tac. @ May 21 2007, 03:56 PM) *
Hey Jusun, what happened to the thing where you can change your username? I can't get to it..

ph34r.gif
micron
So that people don't get confused, everything OUTSIDE of the forum stuff is controlled in "My Accounts". If you find a bug, please post at my blog:

http://micron.createblog.com/blog/
micron
QUOTE(tic tac. @ May 22 2007, 12:31 PM) *
YAY!!
ph34r.gif

tehres been drastic changes to the db so ill have to make a new proggie tomorrow.
clarity
HAHA Wow, I just had a slow moment!

Thank you Jusun!!!

I'm gonna get my profile set up :)
freeflow
The profiles are amazing. Setup was fun. Everythings awesome! thumbsup.gif
mona lisa
I guess it doesn't work yet for those with spaces in their usernames. :(
falsetigerlimbs
Wow, I love it! Thanks so much. It looks amazing! dance.gif

Hmm...my username gets cut off. :o

It's too long! Argh!
The Markster
Wow. I really appreciate all the work you've done on CB4, Jusun. :]
Neeeeeato!
micron
Yup sorry guys, I'll whip out another username changer tomorrow. It's going to do the submissions as well.

Just wanna say in the future, I think I'm going to make the CB header less obtrusive for the personal pages... something like blogger's. Mannn there's still sooo much that needs to be done.
freeflow
Question! How far can you go with customizing these things? :]
micron
very. everything except javascript. in teh future, each personal page will have an id associated to it, for example, all blog pages will be in a container div tag with the id blog. that way you can also customize one "section" of your pages while leaving the rest untouched.
micron
And all you layout submitters who've struggeled with all those errors, I think you'll really appreciate the new submitting engine. Hopefully, its bug free, but a lot of the code here right now I didn't really have the opportunity to proof read so I don't know.
micron
Hmm thats weird I'm not tired all of a sudden. i think im going to go do a quick stop at stop and shop and buy myself the first meal of the day. oh wait, its past midngiht now. the first meal of tomorrow. =)
falsetigerlimbs
So question...how come I can only have a tiny photo, when other people have much larger ones?
Mine automatically gets turned into a 150x150 square.
Am I missing something? huh.gif
AngelicEyz00
I like it, I like it, I like it!
moninja
woo, cb4. this is great. [:

hey...where's the link to change your username. D:
relaxdontrelapse
some bugs i found...

-the comments link doesn't work on the subdomains page.
-the random button in the layouts always generates the same layout.
-the p/m page where you type your message is HUGE and stretches the page

one suggestion:
i used to use my link at the top right all the time to go to my profile and find my posts. now when i click on any of those links it's either to be able to customize something or go to my subdomain and i'm now required to just look through the topic i posted in.
clarity
For me, when I edit the post and click the green thing that says confirm edit or whatever it doesn't work. It just reloads the edit thing again. I have to use the full editor thing to actually edit a post.
The Markster
Hey, is the cute little top-right login gonna be how it was before? Like, I'd click "Login" and the input boxes would just auto appear right there.
micron
hey decided to get rid of it. sometimes you cant beat an old fashioed log in page. =)

oh, why dont you try uploading one of your animated avatars. the submission engine now supports them for browsing.
clarity
I added you as a friend Jusun :)

Anyhow, I'm guessing the winks aren't done yet seeing as it gives me a 404 error when I recieve them?
demolished
Dude, you're pretty dam awesome. I mean, DAM FRICKEN AWESOME, YO!
The Markster
oh, why dont you try uploading one of your animated avatars. the submission engine now supports them for browsing.

I would, but I personally think all of mine suck. XD.gif Hm, you know, I haven't realized until now that CreateBlog never had animated graphics. Haha.
StanleyThePanda
^ Yes we did/do, you just couldn't see them animated unless you clicked on the "full view". _smile.gif
The Markster
QUOTE(StanleyThePanda @ May 21 2007, 09:51 PM) *
^ Yes we did/do, you just couldn't see them animated unless you clicked on the "full view". _smile.gif

Ahh, I see. Hey, um, I have another odd question. On the new CB profiles, what are winks? _smile.gif
treyinathens
Are trackers still not working, or am i doing something wrong...
and if they are not working....when?
AngelicEyz00
Winks mean your hot wink.gif

ew, what happened to the wink smiley, it looks ugly
falsetigerlimbs
haha, I customized my profile already.
that was fun!
:D
AngelicEyz00
SOMEONE MAKE A CSS THING TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR PROFILE

Please? hahaha
StanleyThePanda
QUOTE(The Markster @ May 22 2007, 12:54 AM) *
Ahh, I see. Hey, um, I have another odd question. On the new CB profiles, what are winks? _smile.gif

They are kind of like pokes on Facebook (I think).

I'm about to go customize my page.. :]
The Markster
QUOTE(false_tiger_limbs @ May 21 2007, 09:59 PM) *
haha, I customized my profile already.
that was fun!
:D

I customized mine, too! Well, except, I just did a little text tweaking here and there, juiced up the nav Markster-style, but kept the main colors the same.
AfternoonDeilght
QUOTE(notoverpsycho @ May 21 2007, 10:55 PM) *
Are trackers still not working, or am i doing something wrong...
and if they are not working....when?

I'm wondering the same thing. When I try to get into it, I get taken to the page about Tracker v2, with a link to "Continue to xanga/myspace tracker v1." When I click it, I get taken to the sample tracker page, and it automatically logs me out. When I log back in, it automatically takes me back to the main page. ?

Everything's looking awesome though!!!!! Nice work! Just wondering when the tracker will be back up or if I could just be having problems with my account.
falsetigerlimbs
QUOTE(The Markster @ May 21 2007, 10:04 PM) *
I customized mine, too! Well, except, I just did a little text tweaking here and there, juiced up the nav Markster-style, but kept the main colors the same.

Ooh nice! I requested to be your friend too. Haha. thumbsup.gif
clarity
ZOMG JUSUN YOU DIDN'T FILTER THE EMBED TAGS! ZOMG THIS IS MUCH BETTER THAN MYSPACE! I got music. :)
throb.gif

marry me?
hahaha. _smile.gif
The Markster
QUOTE(mynocturnal @ May 21 2007, 10:28 PM) *
ZOMG JUSUN YOU DIDN'T FILTER THE EMBED TAGS! ZOMG THIS IS MUCH BETTER THAN MYSPACE! I got music. :)
throb.gif

marry me?
hahaha. _smile.gif

Shh! He's sleeping. XD.gif
michellerrific
^ laugh.gif
A lot of the dates on layouts seem to say December 31, 1969.
Other than that, it's looking great so far. I'm going to add you!
KissMe2408
oh wow, shhhnaaazyyy thumbsup.gif
AngelicEyz00
i put an mp3 player laugh.gif
clarity
^ Haha, same hereee.
The Markster
QUOTE(AngelicEyz00 @ May 21 2007, 10:43 PM) *
i put an mp3 player laugh.gif

Oh, great idea ..
michellerrific
I also just realized how Myspace-y this is! Or maybe a little more like Facebook...very interesting! & easy to use.
The Markster
Whoa, I just noticed how ugly the profiles look in IE.
Gahh, stubborn Internet Explorer! mad.gif
StanleyThePanda
^ Really?! I dont have IE, what does mine look like in IE? _unsure.gif
[2]Nekked
anywhere cb has dual columns, it gets all misaligned. the right column only starts after the left column ends. they're not parallel.

i'm using ie6.

good work elsewise though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.