Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 300 vS. Lord of the rings
Forums > Community Center > Movies & TV
jEllyBeaNs
i checked ta see if there was a topic similar but i found nothing soo...how many of you thought the movie was alot similar to the lord of the rings movie? After myself and my family got through enjoying the movie my mom said she wasnt that satisfied because she felf it was too much like the lord of the rings. For myself i really enjoyed the movie and thought it was excellent! thumbsup.gif but i also have to agree with my mother. i think that some of the characters were alot similar to the lord of the rings...especially that weird lookin creature thing that wanted to fight for Spartan but was turned downed reminded me of smegal (sp)...but thts just me...wut do u think??
S0ul_Reaper
.....how the hell can u compare LOTR which is fiction to 300 which is based on actual events?

LOTR aint gory like 300
300 has better battle scnes than LOTR
300 main characters aint pussies like frodo
good guys dont die in LOTR

i can list more but naw I dont think its nothing lotr
jEllyBeaNs
lol i agree but i think my moms was kinda bashin 300 a lil cuz she didnt like all the gore and all tht and the characters but ya i agree with u
lovefooled
And David Wenham was Faramir in LotR and Dilios in 300. LOL.

But I don't think they're similar at all. Maybe just the one part where it's 300 against the huge army of Persia... that's kind of like the battle at Helm's Deep.

And just because one is fact and one is fiction doesn't mean they can't be similar.
technicolour
No. No no no no no. NOOOO.

300 = Visually Amazing
Lord of the Rings = Just..visual.
viugiufgjhfhjfhgch
In both movies people fight with swords, spears and shields.

That's the main similarity I have been able to find between the two movies, since they're completely different from that point. 300 is a violent and raw film from the first minute to the last; you know all the "good" guys are going to die in the worst way possible from the beginning. As a matter of fact, all the main characters on the Spartan side end up suffering an important loss one way or another.

The Lord of the Rings (the film) also has its tough moments, but the story is always open to a good ending. Even when all the good guys are wishing they had packed armpit-high shit-proof trousers, you know there's a chance for success.

LoTR is more of a classical good versus bad story, whereas 300 is pure suicidal "badassery" at its best.
synthase
I loved 300 and it is very different from LoTR
300 was like made into one artwork movie with all the special effects and nice slow motions _smile.gif
AngryBaby
lol what the f**k it wasnt anything like lord of the rings lol.

the style and story were COMPLETELY different.

300 was based of a comic book by Frank Miller

300 is about Spartans at war with Persians

300 is based off of fact (well...at least a little bit)

300 had boobies

300 was badass but i wouldnt say it was better than lord of the rings.

completely different movies. not even close

angelica, tell auntie that
just because they fight with swords doesnt mean they are the same movie. rolleyes.gif
eboarder2020
I personal thought they were totally different. I loved LOTR but it dragged on for like years. There was 3 movies, and it took like years for us to actually figure out what happens (i never read the book) and it just makes me lose interest in it. 300 was down to the point and very entertaining.
VAS
QUOTE(S0ul_Reaper @ Mar 24 2007, 12:52 AM) *
.....how the hell can u compare LOTR which is fiction to 300 which is based on actual events?

LOTR aint gory like 300
300 has better battle scnes than LOTR
300 main characters aint pussies like frodo
good guys dont die in LOTR

i can list more but naw I dont think its nothing lotr

just to remind you, 300 is adapted from a fiction by frank miller, while this fiction is some-facts-some-made-it-up.
S0ul_Reaper
yeah i know, i kept that in mind I ain't no retard that won't say shit unless he knows what hes talkin about
fameONE
I don't see how this is even a debate. Then again, everytime I get deployed, I live the Spartanesque lifestyle.

LOTR's cinematography was breathtaking, but 300's wasn't too shabby either. Both movies did well with the use of CG.

Ultimately, I feel as though 300 was a man's movie. Any being with a penis and testosterone can watch that and get excited enough to go out and drop kick someone... until they realize they're in the real world. I don't get that from LOTR.
moorepocket
more like 300 and Troy. They both base on the same story, settings, details.
AngryBaby
you dont think you have a penis
fameONE
QUOTE(L!ckitySplit @ Mar 26 2007, 5:42 PM) *
you dont think you have a penis

I want to say, "low blow," but the pun is way too obvious.
much2muse
more like 300 and Troy. They both base on the same story, settings, details.

i agree. i would compare those two before 300 and LOTR.

Although lotr has some sweet battle scenes in it like 300 does, that's not evenn the main focus. Their plots are completely different.
Also, LOTR is wayyy more fantasy since theirs hobbits, elves, dwarves, ents, wizardry/sorcery, etc. And LOTR is about, well, a ring.. ( XD.gif ) and trying to destroy it whilst keeping it from the depths of evil. laugh.gif laugh.gif
cupcakex
There's absolutely no comparison.
LOTR is 'history', and has much more of a background.
300 was a comic, and much less nerdy.

300 is much more similar to Troy.
Mr. Slowjamz
QUOTE(BrandonSaunders @ Mar 25 2007, 10:51 PM) *
I don't see how this is even a debate. Then again, everytime I get deployed, I live the Spartanesque lifestyle.

LOTR's cinematography was breathtaking, but 300's wasn't too shabby either. Both movies did well with the use of CG.

Ultimately, I feel as though 300 was a man's movie. Any being with a penis and testosterone can watch that and get excited enough to go out and drop kick someone... until they realize they're in the real world. I don't get that from LOTR.

bingo on the literature knowledge , much i should say or less , this movie defines the Real Essence of what , True Freedom is for Mankind in positive and negative aspect , thats western democracy . The Root of Boisterous obnoxious America.

im still pissed off how the persian army iin this movie is potrayed sinister . = /

300 nothing compared to troy or Alexander ( Alexander was pretty gay , no wonder he loved the persians ) , well Troy is only based on an individual which is Achilles , 300 compares freedom from all the characters of the movie . from Queen , to King to Captain , its like one big universal soul , in a very warrior like way .

who would compare 300 to LOTR ????? ....whoah ....wierd.
fameONE
Yes, the Spartans are legendary, but lil' ol' funboy Alexander and his homo-erotic escapades conquered most of the free world, even after he barebacked his Persian boyfriends.

The Persian Army looked sick in 300, though. I want a chrome mask.
StrideEmpty
psh 300 will win
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.