Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Death Note
Forums > Community Center > Interests > Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3
sakaitone
It's a fairly new anime, right now I think they're only on ep 12. It comes out every thursday or something. There's also a manga (which I have to say that Light [or Raito, whichever] looks better in the anime) and a live action movie.
Death Note summary

Any thoughts on this?
lovescream
Yeah man. xD It's a really cool anime. Like a lot of people had said already, unique plot line and everything.
I haven't read the manga yet, but I really want to.

xD My favorite character is L. haha. -cough- He also looks like a stoner.
x_far_x
Yeah holy crap I love this anime!! The real-life movie also came out and I saw it in theatre. MAN IT KICKS ASS!! It's like mind-blowing. Kinda like Saw except with no blood and curse words, no torture. But yeah smart movie, if you got the time you should watch the movie.

-FiRM
mona lisa
I'm not into Anime at all but someone mentioned this on another forum and it sounds so very interesting! Plot IS unique! :)

Must look this up to see if YouTube has it.
minioligo
My cousins have been watching the drama and I saw a bit of it over the weekend. It was...weird.
unconfirmed_existance
I've just started watching the series on youtube a few days ago.

I think it's absolutely wonderful. Characters, the plot..
They keep me watching in suspence and keep me
in my seat dying to watch one after another.. I can't wait until ep 12
comes out on thursday so I can see what happens next in the series!
sakaitone
QUOTE(electric shock @ Dec 19 2006, 2:37 AM) *
xD My favorite character is L. haha. -cough- He also looks like a stoner. [/font][/size]

omg.gif , he does. Light is hot even though he may have a mental problem. I'm more on L's side though.
rAwritsgWeg
Psh
L is mah man. He reminds me of myself hehe.
(I have everything but the hair)
unconfirmed_existance

Nice to see some L fans.

L totally rocks. laugh.gif
I'm quite fond of him myself.
sakaitone
QUOTE(rAwritsgWeg @ Dec 21 2006, 8:50 AM) *
Psh
L is mah man. He reminds me of myself hehe.
(I have everything but the hair)

Do you have those dark bags under your eyes? I wanna see a pic. Wear a white shirt and jeans. Then sit in that upright fetal (would it be fetal?) position.

pinch.gif I'm crazy, don't listen to me.

QUOTE(unconfirmed_existance @ Dec 21 2006, 12:01 PM) *

Nice to see some L fans.

L totally rocks. laugh.gif
I'm quite fond of him myself.

He's cool! But I still think Light is hot...but he IS crazy. Ack, why is the crazy person hot? I do think Light is hotter than L but like I said before I'm on L's side. Who do you think is smarter L or Light?
annalucky
I loveeeee Deathnote. My favorite Manga. It's characters are awesome and the plot is so unique and not like other mangas. :D I finished reading the entire manga. The ending's pretty good. =] I won't spoil it though, but I throb.gif throb.gif Deathnote.
xx-sam35
x) lol . thats an awesome anime ^_^ couldnt stop watching it until the end.
hehe i throb.gif light even tho hes a bit evil. rawr i want to watch the movie.. too bad i cant understand japanese _dry.gif
annalucky
^get a subbed version?
xx-sam35
LOL x) WHERE ?!?! O_O - looks -
lovescream
^ umm try http://www.death-notes.com/ ?

the subs suck though.. i mean, it's full of typos and sentences that don't make sense.
but you do get the idea of what they're saying anyway.

and rofl. L is like the only anime character i've EVER had an obsession with. not really obsession.. XD but like.. i'd never "obsess" over anime chars. but he's so awesome. :O specially in the movie.
oxyscritto
I don't really watch the anime, I find that the manga's much more nicer.
Well, not forgetting about Death Note II, it's going to be really good.
lKVNiiKINKYl
i watched like all 11 episodes last night
im so excited
kira 2
hes going to get caught cause the girls a dumbass

LIKE OMGZ
DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS A MOVIE AND IT LOOKS TOTALLY AWESOMEE<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NmhxbLXQbg
vash1530
^^haha thats why u shud read tha manga! btw i started a thread on this in like march:
here
anyways yea u guys all stink! Light is obviously way cooler than L! He's so cool he even has the same b-day as me! (read the manga!!!)
sakaitone
QUOTE(vash1530 @ Dec 28 2006, 1:42 AM) *
^^haha thats why u shud read tha manga! btw i started a thread on this in like march:
here

Oops pinch.gif ....I should improve my searching skills because they are sooo clearly lacking...

Anyway,
I didn't like the live action, mainly because Light was not as hot as he should have been but I think they got L dead on. Light scares me, a bit. L seems that he still hasn't loss touch with reality. Yea because becoming the new god of the world seems a bit..I don't know...INSANE! Just a thought.

And if you want to read the Deathnote manga but don't want to buy it then go here - Manga Volume. Actually, they have more manga than Death Note that you can read online for free but just scroll down on the list (Manga Index) and click on Death Note.
clarissa
heard of the manga, wanted to read it, but got lazy. then i watched the anime, which i've heard is true to the manga and i liiiike it.
lovescream
I have the whole Death Note manga series (that's so far released in English) at home. shifty.gif mwuahaha. I don't know why, honestly, I'm so obsessed with this show. L to be specific. XD
Is it just me, or is the manga exactly the same as the anime? o.o I thought they'd add some little difference, but guess not. -nudge nudge-

I thought L was hot in the movie. Rofl. Ken'ichi Matsuyama? Doesn't he play a voice in the show? idk.
Light was not, you're right. The movie was really different from the show though. The sequences and all. More different than I expected, at least.
lKVNiiKINKYl
QUOTE(electric shock @ Dec 29 2006, 11:40 PM) *
I have the whole Death Note manga series (that's so far released in English) at home. shifty.gif mwuahaha. I don't know why, honestly, I'm so obsessed with this show. L to be specific. XD
Is it just me, or is the manga exactly the same as the anime? o.o I thought they'd add some little difference, but guess not. -nudge nudge-

I thought L was hot in the movie. Rofl. Ken'ichi Matsuyama? Doesn't he play a voice in the show? idk.
Light was not, you're right. The movie was really different from the show though. The sequences and all. More different than I expected, at least.

really? from what ive seen (then again it's only from the trailers) it seems to be pretty precise.
but again, it was like only two scenes from the movie

- edit -
EPISODE 12
*orgasms*
Babyblossom9
xD
unconfirmed_existance
^THAT ICON IS AWESOME. :x

Ai-yah. I saw a bit of the movie on youtube.
Is it good? I was considering watching it before winter break ends..

Hrmmmm.. And to that question on whether L or Light is smarter..
They were said to be equal.. So I can't say for myself who's the better man.
(Remember the tennis scene? They practically
predicted each other's next movements)

laugh.gif I would love to say L is because it seems..
Although he's somewhat off his rocker he does have a talent
for countering Light's elaborate plans to the point Light's
about to fall on his face from how close he was to being discovered as "Kira"..
I have a feeling L will get Light in the end
from tips I've been given about the anime.
CiNNYMON
I haven't seen the live action yet or read the manga but I will once I get a chance. I love the anime. Its so good and original. biggrin.gif
lKVNiiKINKYl
i saw the live action and i think its ok
there was that one big thing at the end and i was like oh my godd
but other than that, light did not seem half as smart as he was in the anime
rAwritsgWeg
QUOTE(sakaitone @ Dec 21 2006, 10:47 PM) *
Do you have those dark bags under your eyes? I wanna see a pic. Wear a white shirt and jeans. Then sit in that upright fetal (would it be fetal?) position.

pinch.gif I'm crazy, don't listen to me.

haha when i get mah camera i shall...and yea im getting bags... i stay up late and stuff...heh
afflict.x
i just started. It's pretty cool if I do say so myself.
Arestins
I've been watching the anime and reading the manga and I'm on volume 8 but I heard the 9th volume is going to be coming out soon? Anyone know? Also I was wondering if anyone a fansub website for Death Note, I usually go to youtube and find one but then I decided to go to http://www.death-notes.com/ and download the episodes because of better quality and etc.. However though I noticed that that website won't load anymore and I've been trying for like two weeks! I looked it up and found something like someone bought it but I'm not sure if that's true... Anyone know another fansub website I can download the episodes from? thanks! =D
lovescream
I know.. I'm wondering what happened to their website too.

Also, volume 9 should be out. _smile.gif 'Cause I have it with me right now. :D

And also, you can find the episodes here: http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/
redmoonflower
I love the manga!! I've seen the movie too.. but I didn't really like it but I did.... But the actors/actresses didnt look like the characters!! WIGS PEOPLE!! XDD I also got a bad disc... It keep skipping and I cant read Chinese! I only read in English! But, I cant wait for the next manga to come out! This month hopefully!! I cant stop reading it, its like an addiction!! pinch.gif I dont watch the anime! But, I'm going to start! XD.gif I found L funny... until he died.. and I was like WHAT!? I should of seen it... why am I so oblivious! blink.gif Ohh, well!! I'm rambling on and on!

QUOTE(Thorsten @ Jan 2 2007, 5:02 PM) *
I've been watching the anime and reading the manga and I'm on volume 8 but I heard the 9th volume is going to be coming out soon? Anyone know? Also I was wondering if anyone a fansub website for Death Note, I usually go to youtube and find one but then I decided to go to http://www.death-notes.com/ and download the episodes because of better quality and etc.. However though I noticed that that website won't load anymore and I've been trying for like two weeks! I looked it up and found something like someone bought it but I'm not sure if that's true... Anyone know another fansub website I can download the episodes from? thanks! =D

The book says its coming out this month.
vash1530
vol 9 came out yesterday and i picked it up rite after skool....
stinks how far behind ppl r in tha series! read tha manga!!!
redmoonflower
QUOTE(vash1530 @ Jan 3 2007, 9:42 PM) *

YES!! laugh.gif Thanks for telling me!! I will have to get it this weekend!!
lovescream
QUOTE(vash1530 @ Jan 3 2007, 8:42 PM) *

wow really? then this is the first manga series i've EVER picked on the day it's actually released then. mellow.gif It's amazing how I saw it by accident.

.. makes death note special then. laugh.gif
vash1530
yea its funny cuz i was on tokyopop.com on tues. to see release dates when i remembered dN was viz! i looked at viz.com and, low and behold, it said it comes out the 2nd. very creepy/cool moment for me.

btw i realli liked this volume and i think it realli gave light the momentum again after the two proteges were seemingly outsmarting him. What do u think?
Arestins
thanks for the link electric! =D I also got the 9th volume... yesterday I think.. yeah yesterday XD

ohh yeah.. I also wanted to ask if anyone knew if the 13th volume " How to Read" was going to be coming out in english? I'm guessing it will in a very long time >.< since the 10th volume isn't coming out till march and each volume takes about 2 months to come out so maybe September? I dunno that's too long to wait >.> AHHHH!!!! sorry lol well actually it'll probably be sooner, I think a volume actually comes out every month to two months? I dunno, just depends I guess
annalucky
The entire manga is avaliable online...btw, how far is the manga progressing in terms of the released volumes in the U.S.?
rAwritsgWeg
QUOTE(d4z3 @ Dec 22 2006, 1:14 AM) *
^get a subbed version?

hehe..
trait of a noob...

lol jp, umm google it, most files should come subbed
look on mininova for one
sakaitone
QUOTE(d4z3 @ Jan 7 2007, 11:43 PM) *
The entire manga is avaliable online...

Lol. Some people like to keep thier books forever and not read it on a site even if it saves money and time (well depends on where you live). I read the first volume of the manga and I think I'll only watch the anime. It seems that the anime very closely follows the manga, so I don't have a point in reading the manga. I thought the anime would be different from the manga, not alot but some minor changes. I guess the plot is very complex and hard to change. I think Misa-Misa is annoying. What do you think about her?
vash1530
all she is is Raito's tool.Nothing more, nothing less.
rAwritsgWeg
QUOTE(vash1530 @ Jan 11 2007, 11:42 PM) *
all she is is Raito's tool.Nothing more, nothing less.

Agreed, If I'm remembering correctly He says he doesnt like her(durhh)
isnt Raito just trying to get closer to L by using her?
lovescream
well.. not realy.. just to find out his name so he can die. but then after he forgot about the DN stuff, he didn't care to get close to L 'cause they already were close.

also, deaht note got licesnsed cry.gif
sakaitone
QUOTE(electric shock @ Jan 12 2007, 6:01 PM) *
well.. not realy.. just to find out his name so he can die. but then after he forgot about the DN stuff, he didn't care to get close to L 'cause they already were close.

also, deaht note got licesnsed cry.gif

Here's the article:

Viz Licenses Death Note Anime for Download
posted on 2007-01-11 14:39 EST
Episodes to be available "soon after they air in Japan"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Viz Media has signed an agreement with Nippon Television Network Corporation to offer the Death Note anime via digital downoad in America.

Although no release date has been announced, the episodes will be available in Download to Own and Download to Rent formats "soon after they air in Japan." This will be the first time that a major anime series will be available for legal download in America while it is still airing in Japan.

Details about the download process are not yet available. According to the press release, Viz "will seek to make the series available to consumers through a number of online providers."

-Anime News Network

and

Death Note Release Won't be Limited to Downloads
posted on 2007-01-13 00:54 EST
DVDs will be dubbed, downloads subtitled

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Viz Media will release the Death Note anime on DVD in addition to its previously announced series of downloads.

"We look at Download to Own as a means to satisfy fans who are at the forefront of these properties released in Japan and want to see the properties in the U.S. closer to Japan's release, and also as a means to broaden that audience by allowing viewers to try a single episode of a property before they purchase the physical product," a Viz representative told ICv2 on Friday.

"We do not see these two distribution areas as mutually exclusive and believe that fans who want to catch the official version via download to own (subtitled version) closer to Japan's release date will also collect the home video (dubbed version) to have the physical product for their shelves and their collections."

Viz has not yet announced specific release dates for either the downloads or DVDs.

-Anime News Network

I really can't believe that Death Note got licensed. There has only been 12 eps out but I guess it's that popular.
sakaitone
Double post but who watched ep 13? Misa Misa is a harlot, a hetaera, a floozy. I hate her. Things just got more interesting.
.fire
It thats good hey?

*opens you tube to watch first episode*
pandamonium
lol im watching the movie on youtube right now since its the only thing out there with english subs. its awesome !
.fire
Hmmm it was good... morbid though.
lovescream
mellow.gif Anybody on Volume7+?

spoiler(kind of, but not really, it's a question): Is Mello a dude or a dudette?
vash1530
pm me it
rAwritsgWeg
They license everything T_T
I gotta finish the anime.
And L is god.
Hah.

He's like my hero. No joke, I'd seriously like, model myself after him.

Yea.
-WEIRDO-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.