Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Its all about giving back!
Forums > News and Announcements > Announcements
Pages: 1, 2, 3
micron
As you all remember from my Welcoming thread (you did read it right?), I mentioned about takers - how they only know how to take, and never think about giving back. I realized something today - not only does this concept apply to you as forum members, but to all of us as a community towards Xanga (the dot com site).

Now Xanga has done some great things for us (Nod your heads everyone!). They helped bring our unique personalities online, gave us something useful to do on the internet for a change, and gave us a new avenue to make new friends, all through their free blog service. That's right folks, absolutely for free! Now I don't know how you feel when you recieve free things that you have done nothing in particular to deserve, but let me tell you how you should feel! If you're a normal human like me (I really am, I promise!), then naturally, you would feel grateful. Thats right - that means you would naturally want to do something in return (the keyword here being natural!) - because, afterall, we're a community who loves to give back, right? (do I hear a Y-E-S, that spells yes!?)

So what should you do you ask? Well, simple. You leave the ad banner intact. Infact, you should be so grateful you ought to be proud to be able to give back to the site you love! (Just ask yourself, where would we all be without Xanga?!) You see, by using a "banner disabler" (wicked! wicked!) you are eating away from Xanga's revenues, in turn doing them harm! Seesh, so much for your gratitude, right? But thank heavens! Since we're all normal humans here who love giving back, such a thing would never happen! Ever!

Yup, thats right guys! As my pledge to give back to the site we all owe, I have decided to pull off the "banner disabler". Now if you are currently using this script (accidently ofcourse, heaven forbid it was on purpose!) please do Xanga and us a favor and yank it off! Who needs them anyway! I'm proud to be a supporter of Xanga! So should you!

Be a proud Xangan - Be the Xangans! _smile.gif
casssy
*nodz*

K! laugh.gif
nas
*scratches head* I guess it had to come to this laugh.gif
new skins = skins with banners

uhm.. so I guess I'll take out the banner disabler on that skin... uhmm I'll fix it up so the top doesn't look too disattached or something...

I was sitting here twiddling my fingers, pacing back and forth to see what the final verdict was. hah hah hah. =_=
krnxswat
haha alright
yesssiirr
GinaDaQueen
That's what I've been saying since the beginning. It's just one little banner on top. It's not going to kill you, right people? biggrin.gif
nas
QUOTE(GinaDaQueen @ 01-3-2004, 03:03 PM)
That's what I've been saying since the beginning. It's just one little banner on top. It's not going to kill you, right people? biggrin.gif

*groans* It can't kill, but it'll hurt heeeeh
iakona
aww man....lol...i guess youre right. ill take it off onc im done looking through the rest of the site.
kryogenix
yeah i guess it's ungrateful
saranghae
yeaaaa.. i guess that's trueee =X
micron
You guys all say so, but I only see a few who do. hammer.gif
iakona
QUOTE(micron @ 01-5-2004, 12:19 AM)
You guys all say so, but I only see a few who do. hammer.gif

oh crap i forgot...ill do it tomorrow, too tired now
raveled ambience
okay okays... fine
Niobe
QUOTE(micron @ 01-3-2004, 07:15 AM)
As you all remember from my Welcoming thread (you did read it right?), I mentioned about takers - how they only know how to take, and never think about giving back. I realized something today - not only does this concept apply to you as forum members, but to all of us as a community towards Xanga (the dot com site).

Now Xanga has done some great things for us (Nod your heads everyone!). They helped bring our unique personalities online, gave us something useful to do on the internet for a change, and gave us a new avenue to make new friends, all through their free blog service. That's right folks, absolutely for free! Now I don't know how you feel when you recieve free things that you have done nothing in particular to deserve, but let me tell you how you should feel! If you're a normal human like me (I really am, I promise!), then naturally, you would feel grateful. Thats right - that means you would naturally want to do something in return (the keyword here being natural!) - because, afterall, we're a community who loves to give back, right? (do I hear a Y-E-S, that spells yes!?)

So what should you do you ask? Well, simple. You leave the ad banner intact. Infact, you should be so grateful you ought to be proud to be able to give back to the site you love! (Just ask yourself, where would we all be without Xanga?!) You see, by using a "banner disabler" (wicked! wicked!) you are eating away from Xanga's revenues, in turn doing them harm! Seesh, so much for your gratitude, right? But thank heavens! Since we're all normal humans here who love giving back, such a thing would never happen! Ever!

Yup, thats right guys! As my pledge to give back to the site we all owe, I have decided to pull off the "banner disabler". Now if you are currently using this script (accidently ofcourse, heaven forbid it was on purpose!) please do Xanga and us a favor and yank it off! Who needs them anyway! I'm proud to be a supporter of Xanga! So should you!

[FONT=Impact]im a new born member of this xangan's community.. and as i was reading your thingy there.. it really made me think, and i give you a THUMBS UP for that.. yay! _smile.gif
kryogenix
removed
micron
Thanks! happy.gif
Co.Oky me
As you all remember from my Welcoming thread (you did read it right?),

*cough*read it*cough*
I mentioned about takers - how they only know how to take, and never think about giving back. I realized something today - not only does this concept apply to you as forum members, but to all of us as a community towards Xanga (the dot com site).

Now Xanga has done some great things for us (Nod your heads everyone!).

*nods*

They helped bring our unique personalities online, gave us something useful to do on the internet for a change, and gave us a new avenue to make new friends, all through their free blog service. That's right folks, absolutely for free! Now I don't know how you feel when you recieve free things that you have done nothing in particular to deserve, but let me tell you how you should feel! If you're a normal human like me (I really am, I promise!),

WOW blink.gif
then naturally, you would feel grateful. Thats right - that means you would naturally want to do something in return (the keyword here being natural!) - because, afterall, we're a community who loves to give back, right? (do I hear a Y-E-S, that spells yes!?)

YES!

So what should you do you ask? Well, simple. You leave the ad banner intact. Infact, you should be so grateful you ought to be proud to be able to give back to the site you love! (Just ask yourself, where would we all be without Xanga?!)

NO WHERE~

You see, by using a "banner disabler" (wicked! wicked!) you are eating away from Xanga's revenues, in turn doing them harm! Seesh, so much for your gratitude, right? But thank heavens! Since we're all normal humans here who love giving back, such a thing would never happen! Ever!

Yup, thats right guys! As my pledge to give back to the site we all owe, I have decided to pull off the "banner disabler". Now if you are currently using this script (accidently of course, heaven forbid it was on purpose!)

yup yup..SOMEHOW the code got into my xanga..yup yup

please do Xanga and us a favor and yank it off! Who needs them anyway! I'm proud to be a supporter of Xanga! So should you!

*tears up* that was a greattt speech~ welps...i lost the banner-eliminating code longgg ago..n i completely agreeeee with what you're saying [seriously]
...hmmm..does anyone else think i should be a cheer leader??
micron
Hahaha, suuure. happy.gif
jennyyy_xp
Yup,, Now i feel kinda bad for asking my question,, T o T

i asked how do i move the xanga banner to the bottom,, blegh.
-begs xanga banner for forgiveness- > o <
krnxswat
QUOTE(jennyyy_xp @ 01-11-2004, 05:05 PM)
-begs xanga banner for forgiveness- > o <

haha, that reminds me, once i saw a movie like there was this guy with his friend, who was a priest, and the guy farted, so he said to his friend "am i forgiven?" biggrin.gif
eunie03
Hahahaaa... that's Porthos! From Man in the Iron Mask laugh.gif
krnxswat
QUOTE(eunie03 @ 01-11-2004, 08:25 PM)
Hahahaaa... that's Porthos! From Man in the Iron Mask laugh.gif

ohhh yeaaahhhh
now i think of it,
wasnt it when i watched this from your house? and i got scared? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
hello
*nod* agreed ^_^
c00ki3_m0nst3r
haha...alright...i won't ever ask my question again...i only asked it outta curiosity i wasnt dying to take it off...i'll survive
SwTDreamZcumtru
haha
hmm.. im not normal... (quite far frum it..)
buuuhhh i'll take it off..
mkay?? haha
wayne
I understand.... I wont get the code. It will feel so... right! HAHAHA! laugh.gif
ka0tik_affex
cool
aznhybriddragon
well i dont really mind the banner, but i wish u had a choice to like put it at the bottom or something, cause the top sort of kills it.
hilary_duffs_biggest_fan
QUOTE(Co.Oky me @ 01-10-2004, 12:02 AM)
*cough*read it*cough*

*nods*

WOW blink.gif

YES!

NO WHERE~

yup yup..SOMEHOW the code got into my xanga..yup yup

*tears up* that was a greattt speech~ welps...i lost the banner-eliminating code longgg ago..n i completely agreeeee with what you're saying [seriously]
...hmmm..does anyone else think i should be a cheer leader??

mad.gif Hey, I'm a cheerleader. cry.gif
Just playin laugh.gif
xoxo whit*
urcompsezwazzup
BP: Banner Pride
right here!
lol ^^;;
-aMiT-
Xcist
Already took mine off. ^_^ Go XanGA!
xxxlilazngrlxxx
um.. ok.. if you say so.. ill do it
face_in_the_crowd767
yes the banner is their only resource to show themselves off no pop ads or anytyhing! and we take away their banner? that is wrong we should leave it i totally agree:)
Fr0zen_Martyr
I guess I'll take it off.....

biggrin.gif
bobbster
aye
StarryNightDreams
*claps* beautiful speech *tear* and so very true
CloudUnionX
Your right micron!

But I never used the code, you should be proud of me.biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
Tal_Dara
well yea thats all well and good with the whole "love xanga thing" but yea i personally hate the ad banner. its messes with the rest of the flow of my site and im not payin money for premium. I am a poor college student with hardly any loot to live off of. So hate me all you want but I personally feel it sucks.
dmbrocks923
yeah thats why i bought premium... i think its totally worth it not only for the tools it gives u, but i mean its nice to know that you REALLY gave something back to those awesome people over at xanga who worked their butts off to make something we all love.
:)
shortdude106
QUOTE(krnxswat @ Jan 11 2004, 8:41 PM)
and i got scared? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

did u really get scared??
shortdude106
o yea... i guess ill take da code off... but itz just so annoyin, it bein der and all... lolz... o wellz, plenty of other people hafta liv wit da banner, so y dont i join? laugh.gif
kevinma03
noooooooooo my precious banner remove script..... oh well. but i wish xanga will offer different color schemes for their banners so i can choose one that matches mine ;p
aj637
ahhhhh i understand . . . no more banner remove script for me . . .
melface
Yeah, I guess you're right... but the banner runs into my pretty picture cry.gif [[sigh]] I guess I can deal... but, only for you! ehh... but I have seen with reading this, the ideas... Moving the banner down to the bottom of your xanga and the color scheme idea was also a good one... Maybe we can conjure up some sort of way to do this? But in the meantime, I'll just sit here... and stare at the little part of my picture... that is being practically RAPED by the banner... pinch.gif
[[breathes steadily]].... I will survive
melface
maybe I took it to the extreme with the raped comment... Let's just say... moles--... nevermind... let's stick with "stripped of it's beautiful qualities" biggrin.gif
ballplayakk
kool
Xk0rEaNb0iX
preach it preacher
Mireh
Yes, Banner Pirde for Life! biggrin.gif Now we don't want xanga going bankrupt now, do we?
CJ1
no... where else would i complain about my life? anyway... my site looks weird w/o a banner...
army_dropout
oh brother....i want the code for the ad remover. WAHHHHHH. i hate the banner. *hits banner* banner must die!!!! mad.gif
AlweizN4evah
i agree... no more of that code for me!!! yay! power to the ... xanga!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.