Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UGLY BETTY.
Forums > Community Center > Movies & TV
Pages: 1, 2, 3
pandamonium
ahah it looks really funny selma hayek starred in the original spanish version of the show and made a twist, from what the commercial said.

the season premier is tonight, cant wait looks funny.

i tried searching for this topic but i couldnt find anything so forgive me .
much2muse
I cant wait! I think this shows going to be really good. Im taping it because its on the same time as the office.
Serendipity
My English teacher mentioned it to us ... supposedly the reviews were good and it was a big hit in Columbia, so I guess I'll try to watch it tonight. Plus the star - America Ferrera - is from the movie 'The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.' I'm watching the 8 minute preview and it's pretty funny. (=
OhMyAnniee
I'm excited! I looove fashion so I want to see how they're going to do this happy.gif I hope they give her a makeover on the show! I love it when they get makeovers. Also, it's right before Grey's Anatomy so that's a plus for me biggrin.gif
Infinite.
At first it looked like a decent show, then they had more previews for it and it just made my feelings towards the show change.
Funkadelic Kiss
I have been waiting to see it since August. Yay, it's finally on tonight dance.gif.
Trinie
dammit zed!! im trynig to call you! u wanna come over and wanna watch the show tooooooooo! lol
Simba
Yeah I think my parents are watching that right now.

I haven't seen much of it though.
pandamonium
I liked it a lot, it was kind of sad which got me hooked to it even more, AND WHAT ELSE COULD BE BETTER THAN GREY'S ANATOMY AFTER IT WOOT. rofl1.gif
Hiphop d[-_-]b
I've been watching that show since I was like 6, when it was known as Betty La Fea. Big hit in central and south america so I'm guessing they thought about putting it in english and introducing it to the american masses. =\ I love that girl though, she's a good actress. Kindof
disco infiltrator
It did look kind of funny from the commercials. I might watch it if I have time.
pandamonium
b' date='Sep 28 2006, 9:33 PM' post='2299721']
I've been watching that show since I was like 6, when it was known as Betty La Fea. Big hit in central and south america so I'm guessing they thought about putting it in english and introducing it to the american masses. =\ I love that girl though, she's a good actress. Kindof

oh really thats awesome. was it a comedy also? I used to watch a novela called Carita de Angel about this litte girl lol i dont remember much about it.
Hiphop d[-_-]b
^ Lol It's supposed to be really funny but it all depends on your sense of humor Lol. I used to watch it in Guatemala with my cousins (:
mona lisa
Oh, I've seen ads for this show on the Subway. There's a similar show like this on Indian television, though I don't watch it. It also is a comedy mixed with drama, I believe.
Serendipity
I just finished watching it. It wasn't bad, and it was pretty funny. America Ferrera is perfect for the role of Betty. Can't wait to see the next episode. (=
pandamonium
QUOTE(Serendipity. @ Sep 29 2006, 12:43 AM) *
I just finished watching it. It wasn't bad, and it was pretty funny. America Ferrera is perfect for the role of Betty. Can't wait to see the next episode. (=

Shes so pretty, and a really good actress, actually i ahve a friend that looks exactly like her lol. America looks like a really nice person lol i wanna be friends with her.
OhMyAnniee
It was so sad! I was crying. HAHAHAHAHA. But then at the end, when that lady was all mad I was like "PUAHA! SCREW YOU!" biggrin.gif I love this show!
Saeglopur
I liked it! I can't wait for the next episode. In the beginning, it kinda reminded me of Devil Wears Prada. But hey, whatever. XD
miss barnes
i watched it w/ my moms the other day. it was cute. refreshing. something new and different
x-Mzie-x
QUOTE(Days Nearly Over @ Sep 29 2006, 7:37 PM) *
I liked it! I can't wait for the next episode. In the beginning, it kinda reminded me of Devil Wears Prada. But hey, whatever. XD

It reminded me of the devil waers prada aswell!
i luved it it was a gr8idea! its different 2 most of the other shows plus it was so funni
goodcharlotte
Isn't this a remake of an Indian show? Maybe I am just imagining things but I believe it is.
yrrnotelekktric
stubborn.gif I sooo missed it. Im so mad now. I`ve been wanting to watch it too. Blehh. mellow.gif
Siena Jade
I was watching the season premiere, when I realized halfway through that Grey's Anatomy was also premiering! I frantically changed channels, catching the last half of GA, and tuning in to Ugly Betty during commercial breaks...only to find out the next day that it WASN'T the premiere of GA. It turned out to be the second episode or something.

Anyway, it's really difficult to choose; for me, both shows are on at the same time, and Ugly Betty seems like a show I could really get into - if it weren't for my Grey's Anatomy obsession. But I try and catch it during commercials. Damn television and its bad scheduling.
pandamonium
QUOTE(Siena Jade @ Oct 11 2006, 10:48 PM) *
I was watching the season premiere, when I realized halfway through that Grey's Anatomy was also premiering! I frantically changed channels, catching the last half of GA, and tuning in to Ugly Betty during commercial breaks...only to find out the next day that it WASN'T the premiere of GA. It turned out to be the second episode or something.

Anyway, it's really difficult to choose; for me, both shows are on at the same time, and Ugly Betty seems like a show I could really get into - if it weren't for my Grey's Anatomy obsession. But I try and catch it during commercials. Damn television and its bad scheduling.

where do you live? lol cause here its on the same network and right after each other. lol.
Siena Jade
I live in Toronto, and my cable is screwed up at the moment. It doesn't help having a fellow Grey's Anatomy fanatic come up to you in Spanish class, telling you all the great things she saw on ABC last night...

Uh, anyway, haha yeah you're lucky to have them at different times.

I think that Betty may end up with her boss.. [/singsong]

Man, I need to watch that show more.
pandamonium
QUOTE(Siena Jade @ Oct 11 2006, 11:12 PM) *
I live in Toronto, and my cable is screwed up at the moment. It doesn't help having a fellow Grey's Anatomy fanatic come up to you in Spanish class, telling you all the great things she saw on ABC last night...

Uh, anyway, haha yeah you're lucky to have them at different times.

I think that Betty may end up with her boss.. [/singsong]

Man, I need to watch that show more.

You can watch it online, i just missed desperate housewives last week and i caught it on abc.com/the show you wanna watch. they have all the new shows saved on there. THANKGOD they are so smart for coming up with it.
HakunaMatata
I LAHHHV THIS SHOWEEE. It's so sad that I stopped watching The Office in exchange for this, but oh goodie it's so good. Henry is like, the cutest boy ever. Betty needs to get on that.

But what about Daniel? Time will telllll.
a painefull euphoria
i love ugly betty.
i need to watch that show some more.
shortcake
QUOTE(kayceeisms @ Feb 2 2007, 9:47 PM) *
Henry is like, the cutest boy ever. Betty needs to get on that.

FOR REAL! gahd. he is so much better then the other guy. Henry hella likes her, and he hella keeps waiting for her. She better hurry before Henry moves on. oh and on the last 2 episodes, WHAT A TWIST. oh man
HakunaMatata
My friend thinks their flirting is so awkward, but everytime I see them together (Look! Pop...and lock! laugh.gif) I think those two are most adorable things.

But you know that scene with Daniel and Betty on the bridge and they learn so much about each other, etc. Do you think it's more of a getting closer as friends thing or inching closer to kissydom?
OhMyAnniee
Yesterday's episode was so good. Henry is a cutiepie!
Gigi
I only watch Ugly Betty for the cool cameos.

Tim Gunn! <33
Intercourse.
I finally watched this show. I thought it was really cute and a pretty good show. I think it has some parts that could be a bit better but thats okay.
much2muse
Henry is like, the cutest boy ever. Betty needs to get on that.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Seriously! And those two are so adorable. _smile.gif Their awkwardness is cute.
Walter = ew.

It's so sad that I stopped watching The Office in exchange for this

Agh, I know what you mean! I have to watch like one of them online now.
multifaceted
I hate Walter. He's so... not good for Betty.

And she chose Walter over Henry!... But I hope in the end, she and Henry get together.

I liked the first time Walter and Henry met. It was on Halloween and Walter was the bug catcher and Betty and Henry were at the sushi place and when Walter came in, I was like loool.gif
priyas
QUOTE(xMyStIcShAd0wSx @ Feb 3 2007, 7:08 AM) *
I hate Walter. He's so... not good for Betty.

And she chose Walter over Henry!... But I hope in the end, she and Henry get together.

I liked the first time Walter and Henry met. It was on Halloween and Walter was the bug catcher and Betty and Henry were at the sushi place and when Walter came in, I was like loool.gif

same here i hate Walter. He's so weird. Did you see last nights episode?
much2muse
^AHAHA. laugh.gif Thats hilarious

I liked the first time Walter and Henry met. It was on Halloween and Walter was the bug catcher and Betty and Henry were at the sushi place and when Walter came in, I was like

Yea, that was funny! I liked how Henry opened his shirt and had a superman costume on! laugh.gif That was so cuute.
StubbornFemme
HANDS DOWN, I LOVE THIS SHOW. I don't care if it's "bad" to people but I love it. I know it might not be as good as the Spanish versions but heck this keeps me addicted. I love Betty's nephew (haha) and man was I surprised about how Alex is now a women.
synthase
ehh i didnt really like it _unsure.gif
but i only watched one episode so i dont know ?
i found it kind of boring
and whats the plot?
much2muse
I love Betty's nephew (haha)

laugh.gif laugh.gif He's hilarious!!

man was I surprised about how Alex is now a women.

and alive! ohmy.gif
HakunaMatata
QUOTE(xxamandajanexx @ Feb 3 2007, 4:18 PM) *
Yea, that was funny! I liked how Henry opened his shirt and had a superman costume on! laugh.gif That was so cuute.
Oh I knowww, this boy is perfection in a suit. Even Hilda's telling her to go for him. dance.gif

And I feel so sorry for Christina, I've liked her from the beginning.
voguelove
i love this show. its so funny. and i was so happy for america when they won their golden globe.
priyas
QUOTE(xlinh @ Feb 3 2007, 3:36 PM) *
i know this girl that looks like ugly betty. hahaaaaaa. oh man.

ive watched it once, i liked it but i didnt like it enough to watch it all the time. but i was flipping through the channels and i figured i saw the spanish version.
IT WAS SO WEIRD.
ugly betty has sex with a man.

rofl1.gif OMG what channel is the spanish version?
multifaceted
I watched up to the episode where in the end they reveal that the "mystery" woman was Alex Meade, Daniel Meade's now sister. blink.gif

I'm kind of behind since I can only watch Ugly Betty online because my parents don't want me watching tv. thumbdown.gif
HakunaMatata
Lucy Liu's gonna' be on Ugly Betty! dance.gif

NO HENRY NO! Ugly Betty's prettier than that girl. BETCHA ANYTHING. No no no no no. cry.gif

But I did like Walter's little dorky "2 for 1" coupon thing.
OhMyAnniee
I felt so bad when Henry gave her both tickets for Wicked.
I was like, "NO! YOU STUPID BOY!"
slammin shelby
DUDE I WANNA BANG HENRY SO BAD
gita
i only watched a few minutes of it, though it really made me laugh =]
voguelove
last weeks was really good.
alex is a girl!
at first..i thought she was like..planning something evil. as in, Rebecca Romijn wasnt even being alexis. that it was all faked.

but it wasnt.
xcaitlinx
ahah my favorite line os far in the show is when betty is in the elevator with the british seamstress and the bitchy assistant and the british lady says to the bitch "what kind of job were you giving? ... i mean DOING?? "
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.