Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Response to the Latest HipHop Beef
Forums > Community Center > Music
fameONE
Any fan of hiphop is well aware that the present state of the genre is well, lacking. To be brief, Corporate America is raping hiphop and everyone's supporting the crime. Black people are left looking like fools, while White America scoffs at our greed, materialism and accused degeneracy. So of course it doesn't help the cause when a beef, which is more or less a personal attack and not a battle of lyrical superiority, is made public for everyone to see.

Yes, yes, I'm referring to the latest hot topic; Cam'ron Vs. Jay-Z. Truthfully, these are two grown-ass men and what they do has no affect on ur everyday lives. Still, you have people taking sides as if their input is going to make a difference. Its sad, really. Why should we even care what celebrities do? Unless Cam or Hov offer to pay my college tuition, I'll just shrug it off and say, "Whatever."

Summing up the beef for those left in the dark...

The two never got along and the heightened frustration caused Cam'ron to take jabs at the current King of hiphop. At first when I caught wind of the two diss tracks released and the audio from Cam'ron's press conference and numerous interviews, I got a good chuckle. Tis true, making fun of other people is funny. Its ok to laugh. I doubt a man who's worth hundreds of millions of dollars is going to get worked up because someone insulted his choice of footwear.

Cam follows up with making accusatory claims like, "You stole Roc-A-Fella from Dame (Dash), you stole Roc-A-Wear from Dame and you stole KanYe from Dame." He even had the nerve to hold a press conference, wearing what looked like floral pajama pants, to further explain his actions. Wow, are you serious? You looked like a damn fool on the Bill O'Reilly show and you look like one now. What's most surprising to me is the uproar its causing amongst the younger hiphop fans.

From the boards of Illesty.com to SOHH.com, people are actually choosing sides. I'm sorry, did I miss something? What the hell is going on? Regardless of Cam'ron's accusations that Jay-Z is a "biter," he's still a better artist (in every aspect of the word) than Cam'ron. If you dispute that, then explain Cam's nonsensical lyrics and made-up words to keep rhythm. We have a word for the obsessed fan who can't see past the truth; STAN. Don't be a stan.

This may be a bit esoteric for those who really aren't into the genre, and I'm well aware of that. It was esoteric intentionally because I'm attempting to talk some sense into people who get carried away with rap beef. I doubt this display of "niggerish" ignorance will sink to violence and recreate an 'East Coast/West Coast' dilemma, but its another blemish on the face of the music. After all, isn't that what's most important?

Discuss.
hi-C
Cam is garbage, plain and simple. He's creating "controversy" to increase his publicity, as well as attacking a man so much more powerful than he is. What an idiot.

I definitely agree with you on your first claim that white and corporate America are raping hip-hop -- but really can you call stupid bull like this "hip-hop?" -- and your second claim that this is a blemish on the face of music.

I'm waiting for the day of reckoning, the time when every hip-hopper/rapper/whoever's involved with the culture will stand up and say enough is enough. But until that time, hip-hop will just be that spook that sits by the door, hanging idly by, a showpiece and symbol of so-called racial tolerance for whitey.
brooklyneast05
i wish i had been around for this topic

but on another note i didn't wanna make a new thread cause nobody cares about hip hop here anymore, but beanie sigel has a jay "diss" track now. insane. beans should know better than to bite the hand that feeds you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.