Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fun things to do during your period =)
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Girls' Locker
Pages: 1, 2
Annie5332
1. Go shopping. Almost every girl loves to shop and go to the mall. Buy something or not, its still a good workout!

2. Read a good book. Take a warm bath, get into some comfortable pjs, and sit on the couch and read a good book.

3. Dance to music like a maniac. Put on your favorite music and just dance like nothing you've ever seen before. Keep it clean ;) and just have fun.

4. Take your dog for a walk. Sure, its work and sure it isnt always plesent, but its a good exersize and your dog gets good exersize to!

5. Ride your bike around with your friends.

6. Be active. Dont be a bum during your period.

7. Learn how to do something new. Take a class for dance if you want. Or even singing lessons!

8. Go to the mall with friends and try on tons of outfits. Dont care how silly you look. Just have fun!

9. Play a sport! Get your friends together to go to the park and play baseball or something you enjoy =) A really good sport is frisbee.

10. Have a tea party! Ok, sure not everyone likes tea but you could sub it in for pop or something good. Get your friends together and just talk about the good ol' times.

11. Sit in your bed, wrapped in a blanket and watch your favorite show while eating icecream straight from the tub =) -barelyy_coherent

12. Relax a lot. If you get super PMSy, try to calm yourself down with breathing exersizes insted of going off on someone and making them feel bad.

13. Go to Walmart and play football. Ask people to join in and have fun! (Ok yeah I know you could do that anytime but its still fun =) )

14. Blast your music really loud. Sing like an idiot and dance around in your pj's.

15. Have a movie marathon with your friends at your house and follow it with a sleepover of fun!

16. Be really creative. I've read in a book that drawing and just being really creative helps you be calm during your period...Im not sure if this is correct. I just read it in some book.

17. Do your nails and your toe nails. =)

18. This one is my favorite. Give yourself a spa day. Dont do anything but relax. =)

Tips
Drink 6-8 glasses of water a day.
Being active helps reduce/get rid of cramps.
Try to not be bitchy to people when your PMSing. They might take it the wrong way and start something.
Avoid coffee and caffine.

Yes, I did write these and I'll be adding more things soon. Feel free to suggest things and comment. More to come =)
inthemudhole
I usually just hang around and try and relax.
I hate being active when I have it.
shortiiex
but won't your period leak if you take a bath....aren't you suppose to take a shower?
Annie5332
It stops in baths, too.
HOTGOOSE08
I HATE moving around while on the rag, its just uncomfortable, having to change it and stuf... but i guess ppl like other things
aera
i do all of those without my period too. except i have picnics and not tea parties... _smile.gif
Hiphop d[-_-]b
i dont get why girls change when they get their period. i mean, i GET that everyones is different and i know the reason im having a hard time understanding is because nothing happens to me. i just happen to be on my TOM.
xoxvietbabyy
I think I'm going to have a tea party. *is sitting at tabel with stuffed animals, pouring imaginary tea for mrs. teddy bear*
yukichan
wow..i think this is good advice...maybe a mod could pin it? _unsure.gif
sheepy
i don't like to move when i have it. i'll rather go bath and yeah.. relax.
Paradox of Life
You can do ALL of these things when you're not on your period. Perhaps you like to move around a lot, but I find it very uncomfortable especially because my period makes me more tired. I personally don't think this is good advice. And yes, you will leak if you take a bath. I once started my period in a pool (sucked cuz people were staring) and yeah... Water shouldn't affect whether the blood continues to flow or not.
megan_x3
lol ... i just sit there and complain to my mom .. =P that helps ! ^.^
frenchaddict88
QUOTE(Despise @ May 17 2005, 7:25 PM)
I usually just hang around and try and relax.
I hate being active when I have it.

same here. i feel all lazy. and its uncomfortable to like ride ur bike and stuff. i luv number 2! just read a book and relax! number 10 sounds fun too haha. thanks!
gigiopolis
Err...couldn't you do any of these things whenever you wanted to?

I say, stay in bed, wrapped up tightly in a blanket, watch Desperate Housewives, and eat ice cream straight from the bucket. =)
toodlepops.
^sounds yummy. =)
misoshiru
my life isn't affected when i have my period. it's just annoying.
lilnatcat
Mneh..................I still have to cope with it during my classes and panicing...........there is pretti much nothing "fun" I do when I got it.......except eat a lot.........and avoiding cold foods...........

Gawd.........all those things to do.........u can't always do those things.................
pingpang_0811
i prefer go shopping and read books.
these are all my favourite, haha!
but your ideas are really quite funny~
kill me please
i try to act normal on mine.. sometimes helps. i might take a nap and then later im back to "normal", almost lol.
danishcookiez
hm, i would agree that i do different things when i have my period. only because i get much more crankier, hormonal, and emotional cry.gif
lol, i usually take more naps, read more, or watch romantic comedies
bbyunique
i usually get lazy and tired also. i have to eat a bit more, and on time for it to be less painful and so it goes away quicker. i rather stay home and mop around. but i do go out just to go out. of course i freak the whole time, wondering if you can tell im wearing a pad lol. im sometimes cranky on it, not all the time. all that crap bout your cramps will go away once your older, is BS!!! i still have them and im bout be 19 darnit. ughh mad.gif
Angel_Cece
lol. cool ideas... maybe i'll give them a try.
IamRad
i dont like doing anything when i have it. i hate walking when i have it. i just hate it, period
miss barnes
2. Read a good book. Take a warm bath, get into some comfortable pjs, and sit on the couch and read a good book.

3. Dance to music like a maniac. Put on your favorite music and just dance like nothing you've ever seen before. Keep it clean ;) and just have fun.

6. Be active. Dont be a bum during your period.

8. Go to the mall with friends and try on tons of outfits. Dont care how silly you look. Just have fun!

10. Have a tea party! Ok, sure not everyone likes tea but you could sub it in for pop or something good. Get your friends together and just talk about the good ol' times.

i like those ^^^^
StarryEyedSurprize
i always do my normal stuff during that time.. except when its summer time, i dont swim.
alli
i usually do active stuff not cuz i want to cuz i have to.. if i could chose..i would sit home and just relax.. =]
tmauze
wow it was brilliant to start one of these
iNyCxShoRT
Ahaha wow that is really helpful. Lols thanks for the advice.
sammi rules you
QUOTE(barelyy_coherent @ May 18 2005, 12:21 AM)
Err...couldn't you do any of these things whenever you wanted to?

I say, stay in bed, wrapped up tightly in a blanket, watch Desperate Housewives, and eat ice cream straight from the bucket. =)

heck yes =)

..or these diet mints i'm eating. they're supposed to make you lose weight. it says eat 1 or 2 before every meal.........

... i've eaten like 6. O_O
bad_girl
ugh.. im having mine now. i just want to sleep!
HoodieObsessed
unlike some ppl above I don't mind being active when I have my period (mostly cause I use tampons and I don't get cramps much anymore) I find it makes me feel better...but not riding the bike...that kinda pushes in all the worng places huh.gif if oyu get when I mean...lol...

uhhh, and those arn't bad tips for when your jsut plain bored, hah.
x3Babii
Sit in your bed, wrapped in a blanket and watch your favorite show while eating icecream straight from the tub

i always thought it made your period somewhat worse if you ate cold things such as ice cream blink.gif
Annie5332
I've never heard that its bad to eat cold things during you period. I'll do a search on google or something and reply back.
Biblesterr743
a couple of them are as if a period lasts three million yearsss..
e.g. #7, take a class?!?! wtf.

man peoples act as if periods are a girls worse enemy.

but dont get me wrong.. these are some hot tips.

lovin' it.
bby_cutie
i don't think anyone has tea parties anymore blink.gif
But i agree that you need to relax and do more exercises when you're pmsing.
lAdDLuVeR1
Wow!!! You really helped me. I do feel better and I'll try to do some of those "EXCITING" things!
lyl xoxo mooch mooch, LaddLuver1
Annie5332
Well, my period is my enemy. I swear its the biggest pain.
Annie5332
QUOTE(bby_cutie @ May 20 2005, 6:00 PM)
i don't think anyone has tea parties anymore blink.gif
But i agree that you need to relax and do more exercises when you're pmsing.

Tea parties are fun cool.gif Ok well I havent really had one since like...long time ago so yeah. But its relaxing _smile.gif
aznhunnie6o1
Usually I just tell people I'm PMSing...

These are great!! I want icecream now....
angelrevelation
being active usually makes it heavier doesnt it? but it'd be nice to go shopping anytime happy.gif
__PASS10NAT3
mm.. nice list (=
dancingkait
thats so good ;) i did a bunch of those yesterday. went shopping (bought lots), rode bikes with a few friends to go get pizza, danced around my room tons, nice long warm shower. they helped me forget about the whole thing :P
eli5e
blahhhh ..I HATE PERIODSSSSSS :p
Annie5332
Being active is suppost to get rid of cramps.
Ballpointpencil
I do almost everything I do when I'm not on my period. Reading is a particular favorite. :P
angelshortipnai
when i'm on my period, it doesn't bother me at all. i do normal stuff like play basketball every morning, be hyper or something..that's just me haha
Mulder
i eat...a lot
silver-rain
Run! It makes you forget about your period since you're concentrating on something else, and it's good exercise.

QUOTE(x3Babii @ May 19 2005, 4:05 PM)
i always thought it made your period somewhat worse if you ate cold things such as ice cream blink.gif

Yeah, my mom says it's bad for you to eat cold foods when you have your period... She doesn't let me eat ice cream when I get it...
ThePrincessofTKD
i take a nap when i have cramps because it aches like heck. other than that, i continue on with my day or try to get my mind off it by eating ice cream. tongue.gif
teeners4
go jogging!

i dont know when i have my period. if i do some excercise it makes the cramps go away
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.