Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Men Shopping
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Fashion
DoubleJ
Do you go shopping and if so what are some of the things you do when picking out clothes?
brooklyneast05
if i don't go alone then i only go with my girlfriend. she's really annoying to shop with and she doesn't listen to anything i say. all she does is pick shit out and half the time i don't even bothering leaving the dressing room cause there's no point following her around.

but i don't really like shopping in general. when i go by myself my main objective is to leave so i like to go through the store as fast as i possibly can.

DoubleJ
Of course I made this topic because of something I read and I apologize in advance for making these stupid fashion topics.

The book said that men should never go shopping with other men and should only go with women. Why?

Men will only tell you an outfit is right for you if they think that they would look good in it.

Women will be brutally honest and naturally have good fashion sense to begin with. They know what buttons to press.
Simba
haha shopping is kind of a guilty pleasure, 'cause I know I should be trying to save my money on other things. I feel like I've done a pretty good job at disciplining myself, I never really splurge or anything like that.

I like shopping w/ friends, for the social aspect of it, and shopping with other fashion-smart people is a good way to learn, but I usually like making selections on my own (unless I know very little about what I'm buying), just so my choices are unadulterated by outside opinions, and I end up w/ something I as an individual genuinely liked

lol idk i consider fashion like art as a sense of self-expression, so I guess I do make it a personal thing in a way
DoubleJ
A lot of my outfits depend on the situation. For instance I am throwing a party at a lounge for my friends birthday next month so naturally it will take me three weeks to plan the outfit get it tailored and what not. I will only take one friend with me because I know that she will be brutally honest and tell me what's gonna look good and what isn't.
DoubleJ
QUOTE(ArjunaCapulong @ Jun 19 2009, 11:17 PM) *
lol idk i consider fashion like art as a sense of self-expression, so I guess I do make it a personal thing in a way

all people should.

DONT MERGE THESE!
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Jun 19 2009, 10:12 PM) *
she's really annoying to shop with and she doesn't listen to anything i say.

QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Jun 19 2009, 10:17 PM) *
Women will be brutally honest and naturally have good fashion sense to begin with. They know what buttons to press.

haha maybe that's why i get treated how i do when i go shopping

DoubleJ
I think that it is always good to go with a woman because oddly enough women know how to dress men better than men themselves imo.
Simba
QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Jun 19 2009, 10:21 PM) *
I think that it is always good to go with a woman because oddly enough women know how to dress men better than men themselves imo.
lol I like to think men and women can both be fashionable but realistically, the average woman knows more than the average man in fashion

i just can't help but count out all the male fashion designers
DoubleJ
I meant that in the normal setting lol. Of course we have legends in the fashion industry that are men.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.