This is our book. I had to carry that to almost every class. Our final project was to make the cover (which is shown in the last picture) and I chose photography as my theme.
Inside the book
- Piet Mondrian Assignment. We had to make our own version of Mondrian's work.
- Contour Drawing: Cell Phone. The definition of contour drawing. This is my cell phone.
- Contour Drawing: Nike Shoe. Same as the cell phone but with a twist. ;)
- Crazy Creatures. We had to color the ones in the upper left and bottom right corners and draw three of our own.
- Lineman City. We had to draw 13 buildings and emphasize three of them.
- Rooster. We just had to copy the steps (My drawings are hard to see. I know).
- Lion. Same as the rooster (My drawings are hard to see. I know).
- Name in 3D. That's a zebra pattern.
- The Starting Point. Pretty self explanatory.
- Limitation. We had to use one shape and draw three pictures using only that shape.
- Watercolor Techniques: Wet-in-Wet. We painted the paper and then applied water to it.
- Watercolor Techniques: Dry Brush. Got some paper towels, drabbed them into the paint, and brushed it on to the paper.
- Watercolor Techniques: Kosher Salt. Painted the paper and added kosher salt right after. It makes the colors more vibrant.
- Watercolor Techniques: Resist. We wrote our initials with oil pastels and then painted over it.
- Watercolor Techniques: Blotting. I forgot how we did this one. "/
- Jackson Pollock. We did our own Jackson Pollock. Some of the paint cracked. :(
- Sticks: Primary and Secondary Colors. Just painted some sticks.
- Sticks: Warm and Cool Colors. Just painted some sticks.
- Sticks: Neutral Colors. Just painted some sticks.
- Sticks: Complimentary Colors. Just painted some sticks.
- Sticks: Values of Gray. Went from black to white.
- Sticks: Tints. Went from white to pink.
- Sticks: Shades. Went from black to orange.
- Pablo Picasso. We had to finish the other side.
- Optical Art Tube Sculpture. We cut up some paper, rolled them, and then glued them together.
- Picasso's African Mask. Freehanded all the patterns.
- Georgia O'Keeffe's Torn Flowers. We used the "watercolor techniques" and then torn the paper to make a vase and flowers.
- Keith Haring Subway Pyramid. Just colored some pages out of his coloring book and made it into a pyramid.
- Tessellations. All we did was color 10 of them. *shrug
- M.C.Escher's Tessellations. We used 60 post-its. My scanner sucks so the colors aren't as vibrant. I used purple, light purple, pink, & neon orange.
- Mondrian Accordian Book. Looks like a flat book but when you open it, it turns into an accordion.
- Diego Velazquez's Daughter. We had to finish the bottom half of the picture. I made her eat sushi.
- Virgo: Linoleum Printing Plate. First we had to draw our zodiac sign, mine is Virgo, onto a linoleum block. This is my drawing.
- Virgo: Linoleum Plate. Then we had to carve it.
- Virgo: Single Color Print.
- Virgo: Chalk Print.
- Virgo: Light Crayon.
- Virgo: Heavy Crayon.
- Virgo: Marker Print.
- Virgo: Scribble Marker Print.
- Virgo: Tissue Dye Print.
- Virgo: Tissue Print.
- Virgo: Frottage. We placed some paper over our plates and colored it using a crayon, I think.
- Van Gogh's "Starry Night." We had to make our own version of "Starry Night" using modeling clay.
- Line: Broken.
- Color: Intensity.
- Shape/Form: Geometric.
- Texture: Smooth.
- Value: Chiaroscuro.
- Unity: Coherence.
- Space: Background.
- Contrast: Large/Small.
- Repetition: Random Pattern.
- Emphasis: Focal Point.
- Balance: Formal (symmetrical) Balance.
- Graphic Design: Got Milk?
- Graphic Design: Absolut Vodka.
- Graphic Design: Altoids.