Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sent messages
Forums > News and Announcements > Feedback > Feedback Resolved Topics
brooklyneast05
it would be nice if we could view messages we've sent. as in it automatically put them into the sent message folder. the way it's set up now i guess we can save it as a sent message if we want to? but that's just awkward to me and i never remember to do it. it's a lot better when you can go to sent messages and see the messages you sent.

you know what i'm talkin about ?
batman
yep. it annoys me when i can't reread what i send.

i agree wif
Simba
the Sent folder doesn't really work

sad.gif
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(ArjunaCapulong @ Dec 1 2008, 12:05 AM) *
the Sent folder doesn't really work
sad.gif

yeah i was going to say that i don't even understand how to use it
batman
i think it only saves the sent messages if you track them? idk. :(
DoubleJ
I thought I was the only one who this annoyed.
brooklyneast05
nah i'm like paranoid when sending messages to people or something. not here, but everywhere. i always send them in somewhat of a hurry and then ten minutes later i wonder if my message even made sense and can't remember half of what i said.
Joanne
^ I hear ya. I can never remember to check that box off. =\
brooklyneast05

mipadi
This is a really good idea. Unfortunately, I found nothing in the forum control panel that would enable such an option.
brooklyneast05
damn sad.gif
libertie
I've brought this up before, but when I did, Jusun said that because of size limitations most people would prefer not to have this feature. I just think it should by default ALWAYS send messages to your sent box and you should have the option to disable that. I hate always forgetting to check that box and then not being able to go back and read messages I've sent.
theerinkal
QUOTE(libertie @ Dec 5 2008, 10:51 AM) *
I've brought this up before, but when I did, Jusun said that because of size limitations most people would prefer not to have this feature. I just think it should by default ALWAYS send messages to your sent box and you should have the option to disable that. I hate always forgetting to check that box and then not being able to go back and read messages I've sent.

I TOTALLY agree. That would be WAY better, and the people who don't like that could disable that. I think that it should be just like emailing somebody but just a different name. Get what I mean?
smash
^agreed.
Mikeplyts
QUOTE(libertie @ Dec 5 2008, 12:51 PM) *

This.
theerinkal
QUOTE(Mikeplyts @ Mar 21 2009, 06:49 PM) *
This.

huh?
Maccabee

i agree...again
synatribe

you should ask Jusun to make the size limitations higher, for OM's and up if the size limitation thing is the problem, maybe even just byt 50 messages or something :]
butre
Why not add an option to auto-prune old messages if size is an issue?
synatribe
QUOTE(9001 @ Mar 22 2009, 11:48 PM) *

some people have important messages that they dont want automatically deleted after certain days. I have emails from like ages ago that I still keep as receipts or proof or whatever, the same with Board messages, :]
butre
Ok then, send board messages to a different folder, and add a Save message feature to received messages.
synatribe
raising the limitation sounds easier though _unsure.gif
hi-C
QUOTE(theerinkal @ Mar 22 2009, 07:31 PM) *
huh?
This = QFT = complete agreement with quoted text.

QUOTE(9001 @ Mar 23 2009, 12:48 AM) *
QUOTE(Aberisk @ Mar 23 2009, 12:51 AM) *
some people have important messages that they dont want automatically deleted after certain days. I have emails from like ages ago that I still keep as receipts or proof or whatever, the same with Board messages, :]
There is an archive option in your messages control panel. Just sayin'.

res8zenith
its funny though, when i first starting sending messages, i thought they were being stored in under the Sent tab and i'd have to manually delete them. but when i actually viewed the section, there was nothing to begin with, it has its goods and bad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.