Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WHAT TWO COLORS SHOULD NOT GO TOGETHER?
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Fashion
MiKKiBOO
ii THiNK PURPLE AND LiME GREEN SHOULD NOT GO TOGETHER. HAHA
&& ii HAVE THiSz THiNG ABOUT WEARiNG BROWN AND BLACK AT THE SAME TiME. EiTHER WEAR BROWN, OR BLACK, THEy JUST DONT MiX. HAHA WELL yEAH iM REALLy BORED, AND i WAS WATCHiN A FASHiON SHOW ON T.V(:
dustbunny
depends on the person and the article of clothing; some people can pull off the most extreme of color combinations and yet some people can go horribly wrong with basic colors. it all depends on how you wear the color, how much of it you wear, and whether or not the color looks good on you.
MiKKiBOO
VERy TRUE ACTUALLy.
queen
i happen to like purple and lime green together -=\
Ihate
Haven't put much thought into it but off the top of my head I'd say pink and green.
MiKKiBOO
pink and lime green is cute together!
Ihate
QUOTE(MiKKiBOO @ Jun 19 2008, 11:32 PM) *
pink and lime green is cute together!

But what about dark green!?
MiKKiBOO
now you have a point there! dark green and pink...[barf] =]
butre
Good job, no caps lock.

My vote is red and purple.
MiKKiBOO
haha. well red and purple arnt good together either. eww. haha.
Gigi
You guys are so fashion-stubborn. Red and purple can look hot. In fact, any of those colours can look hot together.

I don't know why people freak out about black and brown. If you watched enough Stacy and Clinton, you would know better.
Just_Dream
Actually, I've seen a girl wear a brown dress and black skinny jeans and it looked REALLY GOOD on her. And as much as I'd hate to say it, but Purple and Green could look good together. I actually saw a purple top with a light green belt around it. Yea, it well went together.

So, I'd have to agree with Gigi - it's not what colors will go well with each other. It's about HOW they are worn and what shades work best. Fashion keeps evolving, and I've seen various color combinations that weren't popular and now are.

And MiKKiBOO, you don't really have to respond each time after every post. You can always edit your previous posts. Just sayin'.

MOVED TO LIFESTYLE > FASHION

(lul Betty do your job! JK <3 )
dustbunny
yeah MY BAD TOO BUSY RESPONDING TO THE LILWAYNE THREAD AND SINGING USHER SONGS KTHNX

-moved

actually I always forget we have a fashion section...it's so rarely used these days >_>
Just_Dream
^ lol not as bad as the anime forums!

Damn, I've been wearing a lot of greens, blacks, and greys lately. Mostly black, actually. =X I can't help it though.
Gigi
^ For a while I only wore grey...but not on purpose. It was like grey, dashed with a little purple or navy blue here and there. On a denim backdrop.

Fashion forum used to be more active with Yanlin around sad.gif
mackenziee
I think orange and pink look gross together. wacko.gif
angelrevelation
magenta and turquoise... it's so 80's wacko.gif
superstitious
QUOTE(Gigi @ Jun 20 2008, 01:56 AM) *
You guys are so fashion-stubborn. Red and purple can look hot. In fact, any of those colours can look hot together.

I have a red velvet couch and I put purple velvet throw pillows on it. I love those two colors together.
Kay-
yellow and pink.
black and pink.
green and pink.
purple and pink.
brown and pink.
blue and pink.
you know what?
just don't wear pink.
MiKKiBOO
When I started this topic, I didnt want it to be used in fashion,. I just wanted to say like if you were to make something with two colors, not including clothes coordinated, what colors shouldnt go together? So sorry if I messed things up. :|
Gigi
^ Well I was using fashion as an example, but really, any colours can go together. I wholeheartedly believe in that. It has to be done tastefully.
Just_Dream
QUOTE(MiKKiBOO @ Jun 20 2008, 03:08 PM) *
When I started this topic, I didnt want it to be used in fashion.

LUL WUT?

This is your original post:
QUOTE(MiKKiBOO @ Jun 19 2008, 11:12 PM) *
ii THiNK PURPLE AND LiME GREEN SHOULD NOT GO TOGETHER. HAHA
&& ii HAVE THiSz THiNG ABOUT WEARiNG BROWN AND BLACK AT THE SAME TiME. EiTHER WEAR BROWN, OR BLACK, THEy JUST DONT MiX. HAHA WELL yEAH iM REALLy BORED, AND i WAS WATCHiN A FASHiON SHOW ON T.V(:

You're talking about "wearing" certain colors and color coordination, and you even mention watching a fashion show. How does that constitute as you talking about fashion? shrug.gif
JokeInsideJoke
QUOTE(mackenziee @ Jun 20 2008, 03:20 PM) *
I think orange and pink look gross together. wacko.gif

stubborn.gif HEY! i happen to LOVE pink and orange together. they are on my braces tongue.gif
ToxicTaco
^ awesomeness
Red and Blue :P
Green/Yellow and brown
JokeInsideJoke
or yellow and brown pinch.gif
SharperMyspace
The holiday color combos look REALLY bad unless it is during the holidays.

Red & Green
Orange & Black

You will look like one of those freaks who keeps their christmas tree up all year long...
katebaybayy
omg i know.
i wore red and green to school one day

( i have to wear scrubs and they were green and this was during the winter so i wore a red undershirt on w/ long sleeves)

and i looked like a total dork!

i dont like green&yellow together
dustbunny
^ I know a high school which has orange and black as their school colors, and the school is so extremely spirited that every single friday the entire school wears those colors. And the thing is, their shirts, uniforms, everything, all look really good. A black shirt, jeans, black shoes, orange necklace; it's not that bad really.
SharperMyspace
Purple & Yellow look awful, even though they are complimentary colors.

OMG once I saw this mom of this girl from my school, and she was wearing this sirt that seriously looked like a pinata! It has little pieces of faberic that looked like crepe paper. The faberic looked exactly like this:
http://www.texmextogo.com/images/donkey-pinata.jpg

Needless to say, everyone was stairing at her...
dustbunny
^ ARE YOU KIDDING ME? lavender and yellow can look REALLY REALLY good together.

btw those pinata colors would look really good on a striped bikini
AimeeLynn
black and yellow...

BEEEE

red and green is only good for christmas.
datass
dark purple and dark green.
AnnahhbeL
Brown and green...
You know what it'll look like? This ----> pooh.gif
whoahitznikki
yellow and brown bug me soooo much.

&& i don't care much for magenta and purple?? maybe it was the shirt but this girl had a magenta top with purple polkadots & it just did not look good ....
JokeInsideJoke
QUOTE(SharperMyspace @ Jun 21 2008, 02:01 AM) *
Purple & Yellow look awful, even though they are complimentary colors.

blink.gif i love purple and yellow! they look so fun and happy together
Foudroyant
QUOTE(JokeInsideJoke @ Jun 25 2008, 06:57 AM) *
blink.gif i love purple and yellow! they look so fun and happy together

Haha I like purple and yellow too. :)
For some reason, I don't like hot pink and green. Idk, it just doesn't work for me.
0nadia0
lime green and pink.
Just_Dream
QUOTE(0nadia0 @ Jul 6 2008, 08:09 AM) *
lime green and pink.

Obviously you've never heard of Pink Berry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.