Header image not showing up;
Livejournal Tracker - known issues and solutions;
- Check to see if there's a personal website listed in your page. When you put a website link in your profile, Livejournal displays this link on your blog, and some layouts make use of this field to display certain elements such as the header and a sidebar. If you're not sure where to look, start by clicking this link: Manage Profile
Scroll down until you see a field called "Web Page" and enter something into that field. Optionally, give it a name - the point is, it's going to be replaced by the layout code on your blog. Once you hit submit, check your journal again. It should be working!
- If your header image isn't showing up on your friends page, calendar page, etc., that means that the layout is missing code for the rest of the layout. If you look at the code, you'll see something that says LASTN_WEBSITE<= containing some code and closing with <=LASTN_WEBSITE again. In order to make the layout show up on the rest of your journal, just copy and paste all of that code three more times and change LASTN to FRIENDS, CALENDAR, and DAY. Then if you got the code from createblog, PM me or one of the other design staff members to let us know that we need to update the code!
Switching from Sponsored to Basic;
- It says "unable to verify site, does it exist?" when I try to get the code.
THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED AS A BUG. Jusun (micron) was able to fix it, and you should no longer be experiencing this problem. If you are for any reason, read on and please let us know!
This is most often a problem with the tracker understanding S2 layouts. In most cases, you can go and temporarily change your layout style back to S1, and this will fix the problem. Then, once you get the code for your layout, you can switch back to S2. If that doesn't work, are you on a Sponsored account? We don't know yet if that causes a problem, but try moving your account back to basic. If that works, please let us know, because that will confirm the question of whether or not account types affect the tracker! If none of these solutions work for you, please post a topic and we'll do our best to help you. Hopefully in a future version of the tracker, these problems will be fixed.
- Where do I put the tracker code?
You can follow the instructions and put it in your userinfo page, but if you want it in your layout, you may add it to your existing LASTN_WEBSITE section. If you don't already have that in your code, you may add it like this:
<p><a href='http://www.createblog.com/tracker/index.php?id=71828' title='Livejournal Tracker'>
<img src='http://www.createblog.com/tracker/track71828.jpg' border='0' alt='Livejournal Tracker' /></a><a href='http://www.createblog.com/layouts/index.php?layout=livejournal_layouts' title='Livejournal Layouts'>
<img src='http://www.createblog.com/images/link2.gif' border='0' alt='Livejournal Layouts' /></a></p>
Of course, it may be different for some layouts, so if it doesn't work for you, please post ALL of your code and a link to your journal so we can help!
The Basic account level offers minimal features, but ads are not shown for users on this level. Sponsored users see ads around the site as well as on their own livejournal, and are given a few additional features.
- If your account was created BEFORE March 12, 2008:
Follow this link: http://www.livejournal.com/manage/account/
- If your account was created AFTER March 12, 2008:
Unfortunately, as per this article, the Basic account level is no longer an option to accounts created after this date.