Movable Type is a weblog publishing system developed by California-based Six Apart. It was publicly announced on 3 September 2001, and version 1.0 was publicly released on 8 October 2001.
- The TrackBack feature was introduced in version 2.2, and has since been adopted by a number of other blog systems.
- Unlimited weblogs
- Static and Dynamic publishing
- Pages - introduced in version 4, users can create standalone pages.
- Asset and File Manager
- Customized User roles - support for LDAP user and group management and automatic blog provisioning
- Customizable templates with any extension
- Categories, sub-categories and multiple categories for articles
Movabletype Product Website