Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WHERE!
Forums > Resource Center > Support Center > Livejournal Support > Livejournal Resolved Topics
speakerboxx123
where do you put the layout script?!?!?! mad.gif
Libertie
Journal -> Customize Journal -> Custom Options

http://www.livejournal.com/customize/options.bml

Also, make sure if it's a layout with a header image (like most LJ layouts), that you have a website listed in your profile. To find where to edit this into your profile, follow this link:

http://www.livejournal.com/manage/profile/

Under "Web Page" make sure there is something in those fields.

If your layout still isn't working properly, make sure your layout style is set to "Generator" - that's the style most of the layouts use. To change that, go here:

http://www.livejournal.com/customize/style.bml

(In the future, that's Journal -> Customize -> Look and Feel)

Under layout, change all the menus to say "Generator".
speakerboxx123
okay but... i am using this layout, and it doesnt look right.... it looks like ...

click to enlarge

Azarel
For one, you're using a sponsored+ account, which our layouts are not compatible with. For another, you still don't have a website listed on your livejournal.
speakerboxx123
okay i added a website but how do i change a sponsored account?
Azarel
You can switch back to a basic account (without advertisements) on this page.
speakerboxx123
okay its getting closer!! i love you guys btw :]

how do i get the purple tables of...

click to enlarge

Azarel
You'll want to go to this page and make sure that you have "custom colors" selected and each of those fields should be empty (like some of the fields in this screenshot).
speakerboxx123
AWSOME! i like now how do i take off the top bar that has my picture, my username and a logout button...

anytime i edit the script for my livejournal layout, it doesnt change, it stays the same...

for example, i want to write about myself somewhere on the left coloumn, i will edit the script, save the changes, and nothing shows on the layout

pm if needed
Mulder
you can hide the navigation strip by going here
speakerboxx123
okay thanks but can you answer this to:

anytime i edit the script for my livejournal layout, it doesnt change, it stays the same...

for example, i want to write about myself somewhere on the left coloumn, i will edit the script, save the changes, and nothing shows on the layout

and why does it keep saying im no authorized to view this page when i try to view someone elses page?!?!

pm if needed
Mulder

lj's kinda funky. it does that. try coming back later or refreshing.

and why does it keep saying im no authorized to view this page when i try to view someone elses page?!?!

because they're most likely protected entries
speakerboxx123
is there anyway i can view those private entries?
Mulder
is there anyway i can view those private entries?

they have to add you as their friend

topics merged.
Azarel
The reason your changes may not be saved on your livejournal is because there are multiple instances of the sidebar. Meaning, you have to edit it in all three places in order for changes to show up on all pages of your journal.
speakerboxx123
i know, i figured that out last night, i love you guys, you guys made it so much eaisier...i will pm if i have any more questions

:) You probably know to PM a staff member to have your thread reopened or to just create a new one, so yeah. I'm glad that things worked out. :D Topic closed.
} Azarel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.