9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
hollister, is it tru??
AzNxLuNaTiC
post Sep 4 2004, 11:27 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 25,935

ok i heard that if u apply 2 hollister for a job...the may not hire u if ur not so 'physically attractive'....in other words...is it tru that they only hire good-looking ppl...n dont hire ugly ppl .......not that i have nething 2 worry about haha....i guess cuz they have a certain image they wanna show

*AngelicEyz00*
post Sep 4 2004, 11:32 AM
Post #2

Yeh, it's true... you have to be good looking wink.gif And I heard if you're a girl, you can't wear make-up.. or at least not too much ermm.gif so looks like I can't get a job there...

My friend Gloria was there and went up to them and was like "Do you have to be tall and white to work here?" They were all like "Noo... " haha, I thought it was funny...

lookitskim
post Sep 4 2004, 11:34 AM
Post #3

I HEART NICHOLAS TSE

Group: Official Member
Member No: 14,116

I dont like hollister.. cause the ones around my area is racist <--that's what i heard.. and once i went there... none of the employee's would say HI or anything. They act like you're not even there pinch.gif

and yea.. u do have to be attractive to work there... the girls that works over here.. looks like models pinch.gif

StarryEyedSurpri...
post Sep 4 2004, 11:39 AM
Post #4

*aSh* =]

Member No: 15,101

yeah i did notice that everyone that works there is pretty.. but i didnt know they only hire u if u are

IIO__oII
post Sep 4 2004, 11:40 AM
Post #5

Member No: 3,012

in a lot of places, they hire you only cause youre pretty and attractive...

i saw this TV show where they tested out to see if that was true.. they picked out this plain, short girl and this tall, beautiful like model girl. the non-attractive girl was asked all these questions and was put on the waiting list. the attractive girl instantly got the job AND got a raise at the same time. [and all on a hidden camera ]
WTF IS THAT?

dani41790
post Sep 4 2004, 12:47 PM
Post #6

Hi! I'm Dani :)

Member No: 3,369

i wouldn know since the hollister in pearlz neva opened yet

vivieeeen
post Sep 4 2004, 12:57 PM
Post #7

Wife of Legolas

Member No: 10,190

meh- once i went in there, and i never went there again

Me: um excuse me, i can't seem to find the other color of this shirt...
Salesgirl: Uh, can't you wait a sec

*i got so pissed off i said the following to her*

Me: Uh, hello? no? you think i would love to waste my time on waiting for YOU, the sales, just because you asked me to? no.

You're supposed to provide service. Give it to me or i'm gonna speak to your manager and you will end up as a thrift store sales instead.

stubborn.gif I hate dogs. Females, that is

ladyxdiscord
post Sep 4 2004, 01:03 PM
Post #8

uhhhh

Member No: 34,170

Man, I think that is the stupidest thing ever. I guess it's not an "equal-opportunity employer", those losers. Hollister is stupid so I don't shop there.

Psh, I can buy clothes exactly like those at Hollister for 20 bucks less and the only difference is that they don't have the Hollister label.

sweetdreamsx3
post Sep 4 2004, 01:09 PM
Post #9

Member No: 38,082

QUOTE(ladyxdiscord @ Sep 4 2004, 1:03 PM)
Man, I think that is the stupidest thing ever. I guess it's not an "equal-opportunity employer", those losers. Hollister is stupid so I don't shop there.

Psh, I can buy clothes exactly like those at Hollister for 20 bucks less and the only difference is that they don't have the Hollister label.

Lol, I agree! You can get a lot of beautiful clothes someplace else and for a cheaper price too!

Hollister is the dumbest store ever if you only get hired for being tall, pretty, and don't wear a lot of makeup. That's some dumbass sh1t. Next time, if anyone ever plans to go there, wear a shirt that's dissing Hollister. I'm sorry, but that's the dumbest sh1t ever.

And scream at their faces and make a scene if they tell you to wait. I'll be like what the eff? *screaming* LOL That's me though.

angel-roh
post Sep 4 2004, 01:14 PM
Post #10

i'm susan

Group: Official Member
Member No: 5,029

rofl u serious? they only hire attractive girls? omg sad for my sister...she wants to work there and she doesnt know about this...well she is attracted that's wat her guy friend says so i guess it's ok...but well they take girls who wear glasses cause my sister wear glasses mellow.gif

Doctor Soul
post Sep 4 2004, 01:24 PM
Post #11

Member No: 38,001

QUOTE(lookitskim @ Sep 4 2004, 11:34 AM)
I dont like hollister

Same here

laur3nw
post Sep 4 2004, 02:02 PM
Post #12

Member No: 18,624

i think its true because the one time i went there, all these good-looking white people worked there

captured_serenit...
post Sep 4 2004, 02:04 PM
Post #13

i'm lala. girly girl.

Member No: 31,888

no that's abercrombie that does that...i applied to hollister and worked there but then i quit because i couldnt handle it all with college and stuff...but they arent...i'm not even white and tall i'm pinay and short...and olive like skin...so i dont know where you got that from...

AznKutie
post Sep 4 2004, 02:06 PM
Post #14

I Luv Yooh!

Member No: 29,183

Ugh....never knew that...

It's really stupid though mad.gif how mean..and from what i've heard the other ppl say..they're racist too ohmy.gif

i'm never shopping there

happy endings
post Sep 4 2004, 02:07 PM
Post #15

Member No: 35,822

yeah..i bet that they DO only hire attractice people..cuz they wanna keep that "image".

*hcosurfkid*
post Sep 4 2004, 02:22 PM
Post #16

Yes.. It is ture.. And no it is not.. It is true because they will only hire pertty people, or people who have a good body. And no it is not true, becausse sum times there are sum ugly girls working there.. Well i guess they do want pertty people to work there, but if u think about it logically, mostly hott people buy there clothes, and would want to work there.. Not to be sterotypical, but not to many ugly people shop there, there fore, only hott peple will want ot apply to wok there. There fore it is sumtimes not true..

POonSKi
post Sep 4 2004, 02:33 PM
Post #17

..::i<3 POonSKi::..

Member No: 22,022

well...i've heard tat stores like hollister are racist~ cuz many times when i walk in there they happened to act as if i wasnt there~ hmmm.... well... after all i dont really like tat store...

*tweeak*
post Sep 4 2004, 02:33 PM
Post #18

i dont doubt it but i havent heard it

01-supergirl
post Sep 4 2004, 03:15 PM
Post #19

N.CARTER

Member No: 3,742

We don't have Hollister here thats is (Vancouver) So I don't have to worry about it, but I think in every store its mostly like that, if they have a model looking person and a okay person for sure they'll pick the model person. They have exactly the same thing here, Aritzia is a store that does that. All females that works there are all prettyy. I just don't get why don't the workers have manners dammit.

JlIaTMK
post Sep 4 2004, 03:18 PM
Post #20

Member No: 22,696

eh that little stuck up preppy store.... i cant take that poo _dry.gif

T00000
post Sep 4 2004, 03:22 PM
Post #21

Wow it's been a long time!!

Member No: 8,954

i hate hollister, even though they're owned by abercrombie which i <3, hollister is too like... annoying. i don't know i just can't stand it.

LiNHy POO
post Sep 4 2004, 03:25 PM
Post #22

WUT THA DUCK?

Member No: 14,138

QUOTE(captured_serenity @ Sep 4 2004, 2:04 PM)
no that's abercrombie that does that...i applied to hollister and worked there but then i quit because i couldnt handle it all with college and stuff...but they arent...i'm not even white and tall i'm pinay and short...and olive like skin...so i dont know where you got that from...

yehh i agree , i only heard of abercrombie doing that. but around my area i see asians working in there. i saw a black guy working at abecrombie, but no blacks at hollister. wierd.

T00000
post Sep 4 2004, 03:27 PM
Post #23

Wow it's been a long time!!

Member No: 8,954

QUOTE(LiNHy POO @ Sep 4 2004, 3:25 PM)
yehh i agree , i only heard of abercrombie doing that. but around my area i see asians working in there. i saw a black guy working at abecrombie, but no blacks at hollister. wierd.

I think everyone's making a bigger deal about race than they should. They just hire who they hire you know? They want their image to look a certain way. I don't think a store like the Pottery Barn would hire some goth girl with nose rings and purple hair. Like, who cares that A black guy was working at abercrombie and one wasn't working at hollister? Or that An asian was working at hollister but not abercrombie? They hire all races as long as the person fits their ideal image. And no race is not a factor in that.

nyCzxfOx
post Sep 4 2004, 03:41 PM
Post #24

asian sensation

Member No: 31,091

hmmm i wouldnt really know because i dont even go near hollister O_O but i know this girl esther who went to diet camp and all to become skinny and pretty so she can work at abercrombie o.0;; and she told me only "GORGEOUS TALL AND BEAUTIFULLLLLLLLLLL" yawn.gif hehe?

inthemudhole
post Sep 4 2004, 03:44 PM
Post #25

Brie

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 20,548

Hm.
No idea.
We don't have a Hollister here, I don't think.. ermm.gif

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: