Town Mall, : /
Town Mall, : /
Jul 17 2008, 02:18 PM
. ish Happens .
Joined: Jul 2008
Member No: 665,362
ok this isn't really international news but its my town news and i'd like to know your opinion...
well mississippi [[meridian anyway]] doesn't really have that much to do so on saturdays and fridays people go to da mall juz to hangout or whatever...[[most of the time black folk go saturday and white go friday]]but anywayz...the state is makin it where young adults under the age of 18 can't go to the mall without a guardian at least the age of 21...
here are the rules...
Bonita Lakes Mall
Youth Escort Policy
Fridays and Saturdays
6 p.m. until close
1. Bonita Lakes Mall visitors under 18 years of age are required to be accompanied by a parent of guardian 21 years or older at all times on Friday and Saturday evenings after 6 p.m.
2. Security will begin monitoring those entering the property at 6 p.m. on Friday and Saturday evenings.
3. Unescorted youth shopping prior to 6 p.m. on Friday and Saturday evenings must leave the property by 6 p.m. or be joined by a parent or guardian.
4. Unescorted youth will be asked to leave the property after 6 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
5. Individuals without personal transportation on Friday or Saturday night must schedule their departure time to ensure compliance with the Youth Escort Policy.
6. Any person violating the posted Youth Escort Policy or Code of Conduct will be asked to leave the property.
7. Individuals in violation of the Youth Escort Policy or the Code of Conduct who refuse to leave the property when requested to do so by mall security officers may be prosecuted for trespassing.(In other words they pick you up take you out call the po po and you get locked up until your parents get there, then most likely pay a fine.)
8. Proof of age will be required if the age of the youth and/or parent(s) or guardian(s) is not easily determined. Those whose age cannot be determined and who lack identification will be asked to leave the property.
9. Anyone appearing to be 18 years or younger should be prepared to show valid identification (with picture and date of birth). Acceptable identification includes a driver's license, state or military identification card, passport or visa.
10. Youth under 18 years of age working on property will be allowed access without a parent or guardian. Proof of work status will be required, and youth employees must go directly to the place of employment and must leave the property at the conclusion of their work shift if after 6 p.m. on Friday and/or Saturday evenings.
11. One parent, over 21 years of age, may escort all of his/her children. Additionally, one parent or guardian over 21 years of age may escort up to 3 youths, at least one of which must be the child of the parent or guardian.
12. Parents or guardians are accountable for the actions of the youth they escort.
13. If an escorted Youth is banned from the center, the adult escort will also be banned for the same period of time.
14. Bonita Lakes Mall security personnel are responsible for enforcing this policy and related procedures.
15. Bonita Lakes Mall's Youth Escort Policy is posted at all mall entrances.
Thank you for your cooperation (They won't get mine)
Effective July 25, 2008
I talked to a person at customer service, she wouldn't listen to me, she just gave me a complaint form. I asked her before she did what would happen with going to the movies. Your parents have to be there with you when you buy your ticket, and they have to be there with you all the way up to when you go into the theater. You can't just get dropped off(Which is a load of crap) go to buy a ticket, eat while you wait, and go into the movie without a parent or guardian. It sucks.
in my opinion dey done messed up cuz now dat us "knot headed" youths have nowhere to go theres more of a chance for violence to spread...so when we get out dere jackin up da town dey can't say nothin...
also im sorry if this is to long or somethin...tell me and i'll shorten it...
Jul 22 2008, 12:34 PM
Group: Official Member
Joined: Mar 2008
Member No: 629,020
I mean a lot of the people who go to the mall are atleast 18 years or younger.
I usually go to the mall with my mom only becuase theres no mall where i live and the closest one is 1.5 hours
(i dont live in a hick town either, just a small one on lake michigan)
and even if i did have my license i doubt my mom would ever let me drive alone there.