forum rules: Please read this before posting
forum rules: Please read this before posting
Jan 15 2004, 07:49 AM
I've seen a lot of the new members asking non-descriptive questions, or forgeting to provide a link. Following these guidelines will help us help you!
- Check to see if your question has been covered in either the Xanga Scripts section or the Self Help question. Browsing or searching through the topics and finding your question already answered saves us all a lot of time. Plus, a thread containing links to all the scripts, skins and help is coming soon.
- State your problem clearly and descriptively. Also please be specific in the subject when you create a topic. We can't help you if you say "how do i turn that thingy on the side blue?" If you state your problem clearly, there will be less chance of a misunderstanding and higher probability that you'll get help.
- Please provide a link to the xanga that needs help or to a referenced xanga. Some of your usernames here are different from your xanga usernames so don't forget to give us a link!!
- Please speak english!!! It's hard to answer your question when we have to translate "cHeCk dIs oWt d00Dz!!!" plain english is fine... please no sticky caps, abbreviations etc...
- Make your own thread if you have a question. Don't ask a question in a thread randomly... ex. in a thread titled Font Color, don't ask a question about blink boxes!
CREATEBLOG.COM does NOT support any ad remover or the mover. IF any questions asked about the ad remover will automatically get deleted. Or even worse.. get warned.
Spam will in no way be tolerated.
Spam can also be posting repeated, though different topics
or repeatedly posting a topic that has been deleted/closed by a mod.
No one word replies, in that case no short posts such as "i don't know", "cool", "nice" and etc.
NO POINTLESS THREADWASTING
This includes topics like 'I'm bored','Hello i'm new' or 'LOOK AT MY NEW PICS'
Also topics whose sole intent is to insult someone will be deleted/closed
These forums are for discussion, not attention seeking.
Any topic considered to be a threadwaste will be deleted/closed
NO DUPLICATE TOPICS
If a topic exists a couple of pages away covering the same issues then the new one
will be deleted. Look through the pages to see if it has already been posted, if not
The it should be okay to post.
NO POSTING IN WRONG FORUM
If you have a political(or other specific)question don't post it in general
If it contains a politics question post in politics.
If you are new, try posting in a newbies thread.
Also try to avoid off-topic posts in existing threads
This includes excessive swearing, flaming, posting of pornographic images
Racism, Homophobic, sexist remarks or bigotry of any sort.
PICTURES: No nudity of any type is allowed on the boards.
NO CROSS-POSTING THE SAME TOPIC
Do not post the same topic in more than one forum.
This is treated as spam.
All advertising will be deleted!
PLEASE POST TOPICS IN THE CORRECT FORUMS.
Once a problem has been solved and there are no further questions, your topic will be closed by one of the mods.
If you wish to have it reopened, please PM the mod that closed it and ask politely.
Only mods can close topics so please do not spam in the forums saying "topic closed."
MUSIC FOR XANGA
We are no longer allowing topics requesting URLs for songs and/or music videos. Those kinds of topics would include...
Where can I find this song?
Would anyone find this song for me?!?
Will you help me find the URL for this music video?!!?!!!!
If you want some help, use Google, the Big Book of Resources, sing365 or a lyrics search engine.
BUMPING IN XANGA HELP
Bumping shall be permitted if and ONLY if...
A) Your topic has not been replied in for over three days, regardless of what page it's on.
B) You topic is past PAGE FOUR regardless of when the last post was.
ALL DELETIONS ARE FINAL.
If Any rules has been broken by a member will be suspended. Suspension is based on how the rules are broken. You will get a warning, but if it progresses then we have no choice but to suspend you.
also take the time to read THIS:
This post has been edited by Madame C: Sep 17 2005, 10:19 PM
Mar 29 2004, 02:44 AM
advanced newbie... S2
Joined: Jan 2004
Member No: 752
ONE MORE THING
people need to seriously STOP with the duplicate topics.
most common questions are:
how do you do borders around entries?
How do you put a scrollbar on a blog entry?
How do you postion your blog?
How do you do custom modules?
How do you do that enter page thingy?
answer to all these questions: LOOK IN THE SCRIPT SECTION OR SEARCH VIA THE LINK ON THE TOP OF THE SITE LABELLED SEARCH!! i have counted like 7 of the blog border topics so far. people need to search before they ask.
Dec 2 2005, 08:26 PM
Group: Official Designer
Joined: Dec 2004
Member No: 77,305
I've just thought of having a contents besides bunching all the pinned topics together. Moderators feel free to edit this when something important shows up.
This post has been edited by Szeh: Dec 2 2005, 08:30 PM