2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Dentists are the most evil people on earth.
MissFits
post Jul 24 2008, 09:57 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 531,256

I have had this killer toothache for about a month, and I finally went to see a dentist. He's a new dentist for me, but everyone says he's the best in our area.

This guy was such an a-hole. My teeth hurt so bad I can hardly even sleep or eat, it's f**king ridiculous. He gave me 4 x rays (I totally thought the limit for a year was 3) to tell me I need three of my wisdom teeth cut out and that I have a deviated septum that also needs to have surgery to be repaired.
He then proceeded to tell me that "you are a nice looking girl but you'd be gorgeous if you just had straighter teeth.". f**k THAT! That's not professional at all. All that did was hurt my feelings on top of the anxiety of having to have surgery. Anesthetics are one of my biggest fears in life, you have no idea how scared they make me. I cried when he told me what I would have to do. I'm am absolutely petrified to get this done, and I only have a month to do it before my insurance lapses. To top it off he saw how much pain I was in and he said it surprised him that I waited so long to come in with such a painful condition, but then didn't give me any pain pills because I have tattoos and "if you can handle a tattoo that big on your chest you can handle tooth pain". And, I'm no dentist but I am pretty sure a loose filling is actually the cause to all my toothaches.

Has anyone else ever had any teeth cut out. No horror stories, please, I'm panicked enough as it is.

shoryuken
post Jul 24 2008, 10:03 AM
Post #2

Group: Official Member
Member No: 585,858

WTF u cry.gif fuu...

takee demm outt orr u ttoothh ginnaa hurrtt fuu lyfee..

ohh ye... dennteztt lykeedaa fukenn ROBB u 2... stubborn.gif

Just_Dream
post Jul 24 2008, 01:26 PM
Post #3

durian

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 3,860

Straight teeth changes people. I don't really see the big deal about his suggestion, but if you're so insecure, then just don't read so much into it. I wish I had braces.

As for the wisdom teeth - they are the ones who are reading the scans. If it hurts so badly, it's often because of your wisdom teeth growing. My boyfriend had his removed last year and he was in quite a bit of pain beforehand. Keep in mind that dentists are the ones that examine your teeth. You could always visit another dentist and see what's wrong, but most likely you'll just get the same answer. BTW it's better to get them taken out now than to wait until much later because it will hurt more and recovery time might be longer if you're a lot older.

BTW if you don't want to hear your teeth being cracked and yanked out, go for the sleeping gas. Dunno how much that will cost though.

Tomates
post Jul 24 2008, 01:32 PM
Post #4

poison

Member No: 629,020

Maybe go to another dentist in your area and see what he/she thinks?

shoryuken
post Jul 24 2008, 01:34 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Just_Dream @ Jul 24 2008, 02:26 PM) *
Straight teeth changes people. I don't really see the big deal about his suggestion, but if you're so insecure, then just don't read so much into it. I wish I had braces.
As for the wisdom teeth - they are the ones who are reading the scans. If it hurts so badly, it's often because of your wisdom teeth growing. My boyfriend had his removed last year and he was in quite a bit of pain beforehand. Keep in mind that dentists are the ones that examine your teeth. You could always visit another dentist and see what's wrong, but most likely you'll just get the same answer. BTW it's better to get them taken out now than to wait until much later because it will hurt more and recovery time might be longer if you're a lot older.

BTW if you don't want to hear your teeth being cracked and yanked out, go for the sleeping gas. Dunno how much that will cost though.

freee... stubborn.gif
QUOTE(Tomates @ Jul 24 2008, 02:32 PM) *
Maybe go to another dentist in your area and see what he/she thinks?

dunn datt shiett coostt $... blink.gif

fredatemespleen
post Jul 24 2008, 01:42 PM
Post #6

Member No: 543,127

i had to have two of my last set of molars cut out cause my mouth isnt big enough and when my wisdom teeth start coming in, those will have to be taken out too.
Its not that bad while theyre cutting them out, but after it hurt so much that i didnt eat anything for a couple days. one thing, if someone gives you orange juice, DONT DRINK IT. i didnt think about how the acid would affect my gums. -__- also chicken noodle soup stung like crazy when i thought that would actually be okay. i guess cause its salty. idk. overall it isnt as bad as people usually say it is. :P

and sorry about what your dentist did. ):

karmakiller
post Jul 24 2008, 01:48 PM
Post #7

DDR \\ I'm Dee :)

Group: Mentor
Member No: 384,020

Ouch, I'm sorry about this dear. I would say to go to another dentist that you are comfortable with and see what his/her opinion is, but I am not sure if that will cost you a lot of money. You could always call around and ask if you can come in and get an opinion from them and see how much it will cost. I suggest that you get it done as soon as possible, though, or the anxiety about it will just get worse. Also, make sure that someone goes with you. Not only to calm you down, but to make sure that you are okay. And then they can drive you home.

Just_Dream
post Jul 24 2008, 07:28 PM
Post #8

durian

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 3,860

QUOTE(PrIncEoFSeXaPpeAL @ Jul 24 2008, 11:34 AM) *
freee... stubborn.gif

Actually, it depends on how much the patient's dental plan covers. A patient may or may not be charged.

shoryuken
post Jul 25 2008, 02:59 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Just_Dream @ Jul 24 2008, 08:28 PM) *
Actually, it depends on how much the patient's dental plan covers. A patient may or may not be charged.

QUOTE(PrIncEoFSeXaPpeAL @ Jul 24 2008, 02:34 PM) *
freee... stubborn.gif

tongue.gif
lool... shh

MissFits
post Jul 26 2008, 04:19 PM
Post #10

My teeth aren't even that bad. It hurt my feelings though, that's not very professional at all. I think he's just trying to make some money off me.

Thanks for the orange juice heads up, though. I have the surgery in like a week and a half. I know I am using the gas and they said they would keep me there for a few hours on a drip (either morphine or percocet) until they deemed me ready to go home.

But, being gased is one of my biggest fears. Some people can still feel everything, and sometimes you wake up and don't know anything or anyone, you could even go into a coma. I have been assured that this man knows what he is doing, but everyone makes mistakes. I am absolutely petrified.

shoryuken
post Jul 26 2008, 04:30 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(MissFits @ Jul 26 2008, 05:19 PM) *
My teeth aren't even that bad. It hurt my feelings though, that's not very professional at all. I think he's just trying to make some money off me.
Thanks for the orange juice heads up, though. I have the surgery in like a week and a half. I know I am using the gas and they said they would keep me there for a few hours on a drip (either morphine or percocet) until they deemed me ready to go home.

But, being gased is one of my biggest fears. Some people can still feel everything, and sometimes you wake up and don't know anything or anyone, you could even go into a coma. I have been assured that this man knows what he is doing, but everyone makes mistakes. I am absolutely petrified.

FOO SHOO... no lyee... dem mofo charrge me $2000 fuu some fuken grill i got... loool.gif

tell them da numb u mouth.. n giv u slepp gas... ask if they gonna charge u for the numb and gas... TRUST me.. they gonna make up some fuken lame BS n git some $ outta u... so ask...

im done with dentist and doctor forever.... FUKEN rip me off like that... all my teeth straight as f**k n they say i need braces... FUK OUTTA HERE... just my 4 wisdom needa take out or they gonna fuk all my tooth latur.. so dat ima do..

MissFits
post Jul 26 2008, 04:45 PM
Post #12

I've always been really scared of dentists' since I was little and they shot me with novacaine to do something but it didn't work and I felt EVERYTHING. I tried to tell him, but he said there was no way. So, I bit the f**k out of him. :)

I know I need to get it done, and I am going to get it done. But I just want someone that has been through it tell me something other than "it hurts SO bad afterwards". I know because I have tattoos they will be less apt to give me pain medication, and if they do it will be something in such a small milligram it won't help me. The guy said he'd give me a drip before he saw me. Lots of doctors are predjudice against people with tattoos. They assume we can't feel pain, i guess. I compare it to not selling a black person sunscreen.

karmakiller
post Jul 26 2008, 07:17 PM
Post #13

DDR \\ I'm Dee :)

Group: Mentor
Member No: 384,020

Just cry and punch him a few times. If he doesn't want to give you anything to help with the pain, put your foot down. Tell him that it hurts and how much discomfort you are having. If he tells you that you can deal with it, when you go up to the front desk tell the people up there about your pain and see if they'll go get a prescription from the doctor.

MissFits
post Jul 26 2008, 07:37 PM
Post #14

He is just so f**ked up about it.
The dentist didn't want to give me any pain medication because he said "if i can handle tattoos I can handle a toothache". Tattoos are NOTHING compared to a toothache. I have to have 3 teeth cut out, I'm in some serious pain.
I had my mom call and he told her that he actually didn't want to give them to me because he was wondering whether or not it would be me taking them.

heyo-captain-jac...
post Jul 26 2008, 07:45 PM
Post #15

/人◕‿‿◕人\

Member No: 602,927

Sue the f**ker.

nikx618
post Jul 26 2008, 08:17 PM
Post #16

asdfghjkl;

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 665,416

before i got my braces on they had to pull four
teeth at the back of my mouth, i think it was
my wisdom teeth. it wasnt so bad, on account that
my mouth was completely numb. but it hurts when
they give you the shot to make your mouth numb.
f*ckng painful. lmfao, but its worth. my braces
are off, &ive been wearing my retainers @night.
&i really like how my teeth turned out[:

MissFits
post Jul 27 2008, 11:21 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(XTC @ Jul 26 2008, 08:45 PM) *
Sue the f**ker.

You think I could?

shoryuken
post Jul 28 2008, 10:16 AM
Post #18

QUOTE(MissFits @ Jul 28 2008, 12:21 AM) *
You think I could?

try tell him again.. be like..

can u give me some numb/gas shiet.. cuz i can't take the pain..

if he say some shiet like.. oh you strong.. u dont need it..

say..WELL I NEED THE NUMB/GAS OR I AINT GONNA DO THIS SHIT...

^only say it if the NUMB/GAS FREEE... so askk...

MissFits
post Jul 28 2008, 03:12 PM
Post #19

I know when I get the surgery I am getting put under.
It's a dental surgeon doing it, not my dentist. I know he'll give me something.

But, I've given up on the dentist. He's just a prick that's out to get me. I knew as soon as I met him he wouldn't like me especially when he started bitching about tattoos.

But, does anyone know if there are things I shouldn't do before the surgery.
Like, I want to get my side piece done tonight REALLY badly. But, I don't want to do it if getting that shit done will affect the healing process.

yivan
post Jul 30 2008, 01:43 AM
Post #20

Member No: 563,036

I had 2 wisdom tooth out. The dentist made two insicions my gums and had to break my tooth to be able to pull my tooth out. The dentist gave me somepain killers the day before the surgery to keep the swelling down. I had no idea that had to stitch my gums. I packed lot of ice on my cheeks. It was not a pretty sight. Make sure you stay home for a few days.

Dentists are pure evil, I cried when I got my shots and he made fun of me for crying like a "baby".

fire
post Jul 30 2008, 03:42 AM
Post #21

Member No: 523,843

You seem inherently against Dentists, I'm on his side. I also take X-rays for a living, there is no limit.

MissFits
post Jul 30 2008, 10:01 AM
Post #22

^x3 Be honest with me, is it really really bad? I'm very nervous.

No this one's just an ass.
If he were halfway as nice to me as I was to him at first I wouldn't hate him so much.
But, he's a prick piece of shit.

MissFits
post Jul 30 2008, 10:17 AM
Post #23

He's just my dentist.
I will have an oral surgeon doing the actual procedure.
Trust me, I would NOT let this guy operate on me. It seems our dislike is pretty mutual.

shoryuken
post Jul 30 2008, 10:23 AM
Post #24

QUOTE(decaydancefbr @ Jul 30 2008, 11:22 AM) *
That guy really seems like a douche. You can do something about that right?

*princc lookk decayy AVATURR... shifty.gif* laugh.gif

MissFits
post Jul 30 2008, 10:23 AM
Post #25

I don't think so.
I am pretty sure I'm just kinda stuck with him.

The lamest part is my mom was sitting there the whole time he was talking shit to me and didn't do anything because he would periodically hit on her.

Real class act, right?

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: