2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
living with the opposite gender, who you are NOT sleeping with
batman
post Aug 7 2010, 09:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 696,018

have you guys ever done it? people keep telling me that it'd be weird having a male roommate that i'm not in a relationship with, but after having 2 male roommates, i think i disagree. i think i get along better with them than i ever did with my old female roommate.

but idk, those were short-term. i'm about to move into a 2br apartment that i'll be sharing with a guy for about 6 months, so i guess i'll see.

but anyways, have you guys ever had a roommate of the opposite gender? was it weird? was it any different than living with someone that's the same gender?

karmakiller
post Aug 8 2010, 12:06 AM
Post #2

DDR \\ I'm Dee :)

Group: Mentor
Member No: 384,020

Women can sometimes get catty about things, so I can agree with you about finding it easier to live with someone of the opposite sex. But if you don't know them very well it's still a good idea to set up boundaries, which usually happens with roommates anyways. I don't know about you, but I definitely have some female friends who'd like to insinuate the relationship is more than just roommates.

misoshiru
post Aug 8 2010, 12:42 PM
Post #3

yan lin♥

Member No: 13,627

Yeah, I had 2 male roommates when I was abroad in Bristol, along with 2 other girls. And right now, in my summer sublet in Boston, I'm living with one guy and 2 other girls. It makes me hate living with guys though. When I have my own room, I have absolutely no problem with living with women. But, living with guys is just so disgusting.

I don't find it weird, just sometimes a bit awkward. However, it does make me realise that I never want to live with men again because they're so dirty. Not all of them, but most of them are disgusting. Never doing dishes, never taking the trash out, never helping out with the cleaning. I could go on.

brooklyneast05
post Aug 8 2010, 12:49 PM
Post #4

I'm Jc

Member No: 437,556

i live with my girlfriend so i can't give any opinion. but i have talked about this with friends before and the ones who say they prefer to live with the opposite sex are usually girls. they say guys are easier to get along with on a day to day basis. my guy friends seem to not care as much either way.

sixfive
post Aug 8 2010, 12:53 PM
Post #5

Member No: 653,768

QUOTE(misoshiru @ Aug 8 2010, 12:42 PM) *
Yeah, I had 2 male roommates when I was abroad in Bristol, along with 2 other girls. And right now, in my summer sublet in Boston, I'm living with one guy and 2 other girls. It makes me hate living with guys though. When I have my own room, I have absolutely no problem with living with women. But, living with guys is just so disgusting.

I don't find it weird, just sometimes a bit awkward. However, it does make me realise that I never want to live with men again because they're so dirty. Not all of them, but most of them are disgusting. Never doing dishes, never taking the trash out, never helping out with the cleaning. I could go on.

DUDE. My ex-roommates were so filthy. I hated that shit. I even protested cleaning the kitchen to see if they'd buckle when it got dirtier, but nope. I resorted to bitching at them 2-3 times a day to get shit done. I even turned one of their computers off b/c I was so irritated with those dirty f****ts. My roommate that lived immediately next to my room was clean though, it was the other two that weren't. Our biggest mess was having a bunch of empty water bottles in our room.

Blyat
post Aug 8 2010, 01:17 PM
Post #6

Group: Official Member
Member No: 667,832

QUOTE(serotonin @ Aug 8 2010, 01:53 PM) *
DUDE. My ex-roommates were so filthy. I hated that shit. I even protested cleaning the kitchen to see if they'd buckle when it got dirtier, but nope. I resorted to bitching at them 2-3 times a day to get shit done. I even turned one of their computers off b/c I was so irritated with those dirty f****ts. My roommate that lived immediately next to my room was clean though, it was the other two that weren't. Our biggest mess was having a bunch of empty water bottles in our room.

were your ex-roomates girls or boys?

Idk I'm kindof like one of the guys, but depends living with them might be different. But depending the guy I think I could deal with it, as long as they don't hit on me or something...

sixfive
post Aug 8 2010, 01:23 PM
Post #7

three boys

misoshiru
post Aug 10 2010, 12:58 AM
Post #8

yan lin♥

Member No: 13,627

one of my flatmates in bristol ate a pizza every day because he couldn't cook. the fool. but then, he piled his pizza boxes up in the kitchen, and wouldn't take them out till the reached the ceiling and i bitched him out multiple times.

batman
post Aug 10 2010, 01:41 AM
Post #9

Member No: 696,018

so idk how this happened, but new guy roommate moved in on saturday and now the appt smells like dude.

this guy is sort of tall and foot-ball player beefy. looks like a frat bro. doesn't know how to use a shower curtain. there's a huge puddle in the bathroom.

=/

mipadi
post Aug 10 2010, 07:16 AM
Post #10

Group: Administrator
Member No: 639,265

I live with a girl right now. She's really picky about stuff -- she wants me to take a shower at a particular time, she gets mad if I have a friend come over to hang out without telling her, she doesn't like it if I leave a cup out on the coffee table, etc. I guess it's not really a gender thing, but I do know that a few years ago when I shared an apartment with two guys, they weren't picky about anything. I think guys are a lot easier to live with because they don't get whiny about little stuff.

brooklyneast05
post Aug 10 2010, 07:17 AM
Post #11

I'm Jc

Member No: 437,556

QUOTE(mipadi @ Aug 10 2010, 07:16 AM) *
I live with a girl right now. She's really picky about stuff -- she wants me to take a shower at a particular time

blink.gif

sixfive
post Aug 10 2010, 07:18 AM
Post #12

I think that's the case too, but it's also a lot messier to live with guys. In my stays with girls, be it a several week trip / 2 day trip, they always seem to be messy in their own way but still clean. Their mess consists of having whatever they brought all over their bed but the rest of the place completely clean and not smelly. The guys I've gone on trips with, I can't say the same for them. Usually it's a "we don't really care" type of thing so a mess is just a mess as long as they don't sleep in that room they don't care.

And come to think of it, at my dorm I never hung out in the "Living Room." Each of us had our own TV / computer in our bedrooms and we always hung out there or in each other's rooms.

sixfive
post Aug 10 2010, 07:19 AM
Post #13

QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Aug 10 2010, 07:17 AM) *
blink.gif

also that

mipadi
post Aug 10 2010, 09:10 AM
Post #14

QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Aug 10 2010, 08:17 AM) *
blink.gif

Yeah. Monday was the first time I ever got chastised for taking a shower too early. I got in at 7:30 am, out at 7:50, and she says (in a very frustrated voice), "If you're going to take your shower at 7:30, you need to give me a heads-up." Keep in mind that she leaves for work sometime after I do, and I don't leave until 9:15.

Matsumoto
post Aug 10 2010, 09:34 AM
Post #15

Group: Official Member
Member No: 12,577

I lived with my boyfriend and his three roommates who all play rugby... my boyfriend keeps his room very clean, every now and then there will be a dirty shirt laying around or he'll be too lazy to make the bed, but the rest of the house is seriously like a science project. The kitchen is completely disgusting, dirty dishes everywhere with half eaten scraps left caked on them, spilled or dropped food on the counters/floors/tables, empty bottles and half filled cups all over the table... just total grime. The other guys rooms have old dirty rugby clothes all over their floors that stink beyond anything. The living room is completely filled with old beer bottles/cans, cups, bottles, food, trash and anything you could think of. Blehhhh. I have my own apartment now that I clean daily.

sixfive
post Aug 10 2010, 11:09 AM
Post #16

QUOTE(mipadi @ Aug 10 2010, 09:10 AM) *
Yeah. Monday was the first time I ever got chastised for taking a shower too early. I got in at 7:30 am, out at 7:50, and she says (in a very frustrated voice), "If you're going to take your shower at 7:30, you need to give me a heads-up." Keep in mind that she leaves for work sometime after I do, and I don't leave until 9:15.

Shame on you.

Sin
post Aug 10 2010, 11:41 AM
Post #17

Group: Member
Member No: 763,665

QUOTE(mipadi @ Aug 10 2010, 04:10 PM) *
She wears the pants in the relationship.

lolbetamale

mipadi
post Aug 10 2010, 11:47 AM
Post #18

QUOTE(Sin @ Aug 10 2010, 12:41 PM) *
She wears the pants in the relationship.

Fun! Another insecure CBer who made his way to the forums so he can make fun of other people and feel better about his own lonely existence. You'll be welcome here, since almost all the trolls on CB lack creativity and are completely and utterly mesmerized by your kind of shallow, utterly predictable humor. Look! You even made it onto CreateGossip. You should print that out so your mom can hang it on the fridge.

Sin
post Aug 10 2010, 12:01 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(mipadi @ Aug 10 2010, 06:47 PM) *
Fun! Another insecure CBer who made his way to the forums so he can make fun of other people and feel better about his own lonely existence. You'll be welcome here, since almost all the trolls on CB lack creativity and are completely and utterly mesmerized by your kind of shallow, utterly predictable humor. Look! You even made it onto CreateGossip. You should print that out so your mom can hang it on the fridge.
You sure get angry at a "troll". Perhaps you are projecting your insecurities on me.

It's also possible you didn't read my intro correctly, particularly this part:

"Compared to other members of this board, I am a guy that picks up women in his free time. Thus I have a blog dedicated to that."

Meaning I will give you boys some advice on women if I see new topics being posted in the future.

If it's any comfort, you are far from the most beta guy I've seen post topics on here so far. Give yourself a pat on the shoulder.

mipadi
post Aug 10 2010, 12:05 PM
Post #20

I don't know if I want to be taking advice from an "alpha male" who has to hide behind a proxy when he goes on online forums.

See, this is why online forums -- in particular, CB -- are annoying. You can't post anything without some basement-dwelling nerd coming online to try to prove his superior masculinity. Unfortunately, you have no creativity and a puerile wit, so you have to resort to tactics like "i f*ck a lot of girls lol". Trolling this forum is, literally, the zenith of your existence, both online and offline.

creole
post Aug 10 2010, 12:08 PM
Post #21

Member No: 676,364

it feels normal to me.

Sin
post Aug 10 2010, 12:10 PM
Post #22

See, this is why you are a beta male. You post something that proves you don't have any game and instead of ignoring me after I tell you what you are, you resort to defending yourself and attacking me. Typical beta male. Unfortunately, you can't even see this so you have to make yourself feel better by thinking I'm a basement nerd. Again, you are probably projecting on me.

I also don't see how I am trolling. Your accusations have no real basis. Lets just throw out the troll-word like a bag of candy!

mipadi
post Aug 10 2010, 12:15 PM
Post #23

Judging by your first post, you're using the Internet to live out your fantasies and assert your masculinity; otherwise, why would you feel a need to trumpet your sexual prowess to a forum you just joined?

But let's be honest: you're not a new member. You have a connection to this place. That's why you're connecting via proxy (by your own admission, since you claim to be from Canada in your first post, but your login information clearly says otherwise), so no one can track you down. That also explains why someone posted your drivel on CreateGossip so quickly.

At least Steven isn't afraid of his own identity.

Also, seriously, a "Nippon defender"? You have to be more creative than that, there's a ton of Japanophiles in the western hemisphere.

Sin
post Aug 10 2010, 12:22 PM
Post #24

QUOTE(mipadi @ Aug 10 2010, 07:15 PM) *
Judging by your first post, you're using the Internet to live out your fantasies and assert your masculinity; otherwise, why would you feel a need to trumpet your sexual prowess to a forum you just joined?
Obviously because this is a forum about blogs and I have a blog full of game related articles on picking up women. Why else would I need to mention it in my introduction?
But let's be honest: you're not a new member. You have a connection to this place. That's why you're connecting via proxy (by your own admission, since you claim to be from Canada in your first post, but your login information clearly says otherwise), so no one can track you down. That also explains why someone posted your drivel on CreateGossip so quickly.
Yes, I have a connection to this place. A friend of mine told me about how many idiots there are on here. It's pretty much on the other side of the spectrum from 'community' judging by what he said. That's what attracts me on me this forum.

And what's so special about CreateGossip?
At least Steven isn't afraid of his own identity.
Who's Steven and how did he suddenly get involved in here?
Also, seriously, a "Nippon defender"? You have to be more creative than that, there's a ton of Japanophiles in the western hemisphere.
I doubt any of them have the same awesomeness.

Any more questions?

mipadi
post Aug 10 2010, 12:26 PM
Post #25

QUOTE(Sin @ Aug 10 2010, 01:22 PM) *
Any more questions?

I do. Where is your blog? I read your intro post but I didn't see a link. Maybe I'll check it out. Based on your posts here, I doubt it's very good, but maybe I'll be surprised.

Also, your feigned ignorance of CB regulars is kind of cute. I also enjoy your tough-guy persona, it's reminiscent of Reidar, although I think he pulls it off better since he has real muscles. But look, your trolling is kind of tired and boring. PM me, I'll send you the names of the really good CB trolls and maybe you can learn a thing or two from them.

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: