Reply to this topicStart new topic
ordered something from VS. its not the right size., help? ; kind of a long story...
princessx143
post Jul 17 2009, 12:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 732,503

it's kind of a long story. but one day i was on victorias secrets site & i saw these sweatpants that i liked. i asked my dad if he could get it for me and then he told me to set everything up first (like putting in the address & all that stuff). then when i got to the credit card part, i called him downstairs to fill in that stuff. he saw that i selected extra small and he asked me what size i was for other stores. i told him for my hollister shorts & sweatpants im a small. and for my aeropostale pj bottoms im a small. so he made me get a small even though i KNEW i would be an extra small. (i guess he doesnt like to listen to me.. haha) so yeah he ordered a small for me. it came the other day and its WAAAAAYY too long. what can i do? i thought about emailing them talking about an exchange but i dont even know what to say. and when i checked the vs website, they don't even have the pants anymore. what can i do? i cant even wear the pants now. and i really like it! and i dont really want to cut it or anything so yeah...

karmakiller
post Jul 17 2009, 03:34 PM
Post #2

DDR \\ I'm Dee :)

Group: Mentor
Member No: 384,020

If you really dislike them, you can send them back and get a refund, but they will charge you $5 for shipping (I never pay for shipping from anywhere, free codes ftw, so it doesn't bother me to pay to send them back). VS has good customer service and your credit card will usually be refunded in less than a week. I had to exchange a pair of pants that were on sale, and they were still able to get them to me in a different size even though the weren't listed on their website. I sent the pants back on a Friday and the return got to me that Tuesday. If you're too nervous to make a return then just get a refund.

Here's their return policy:
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/html/custs...rns/?rfnbr=8685

-DressYourEyelid...
post Jul 17 2009, 04:35 PM
Post #3

Group: Official Member
Member No: 727,246

get them hemmed.

ley
post Jul 17 2009, 05:22 PM
Post #4

Ley <3

Member No: 664,894

They let me do an exchange at a store before even though i had bought the stuff online. They didn't have the exact sweats so i had to get a differnet set and just paid the difference.

princessx143
post Jul 17 2009, 06:40 PM
Post #5

can i email them at their service email address & tell them about this? & yeah lol, i used a free code too :)

karmakiller
post Jul 17 2009, 06:44 PM
Post #6

DDR \\ I'm Dee :)

Group: Mentor
Member No: 384,020

QUOTE(ley @ Jul 17 2009, 05:22 PM) *
They let me do an exchange at a store before even though i had bought the stuff online. They didn't have the exact sweats so i had to get a differnet set and just paid the difference.

QUOTE(xojessiee @ Jul 17 2009, 06:40 PM) *
can i email them at their service email address & tell them about this? & yeah lol, i used a free code too :)

For some stores it depends on the items. It wouldn't hurt to go to the VS store near you with the item and receipt and ask if they can do an exchange. The worse that could happen is they say no and you have UPS it back shrug.gif

goofipinay
post Jul 17 2009, 11:16 PM
Post #7

can't believe I let people call me Lynne on here 5 yrs ago o

Member No: 54,591

QUOTE(-DressYourEyelids- @ Jul 17 2009, 05:35 PM) *
get them hemmed.

Needle + Thread + 30 min.

princessx143
post Jul 18 2009, 01:11 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(goofipinay @ Jul 18 2009, 12:16 AM) *
Needle + Thread + 30 min.

i rather not have it hemmed >.<
last time my mom hemmed my jeans, it came out terrible & i dont even wear it anymore :/ what a waste of $30 haha.. and i know for a fact my parents wont bring it out to get it hemmed..

i really have been thinking about email them at their service email.. think i should?

Just_Dream
post Jul 18 2009, 04:59 PM
Post #9

durian

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 3,860

QUOTE(xojessiee @ Jul 18 2009, 11:11 AM) *
i really have been thinking about email them at their service email.. think i should?

Yes you should. I don't think that's even a question you should be asking - common sense is to contact them asap if you have a problem with it. In fact, to get a faster reply, you should just CALL THEM in the first place! It's not that big a deal, especially if you're not able to return/exchange it in the store.

Also, sizes in victoria secret are pretty different. An xsmall is a lot smaller than a small. I have 2 pairs of xsmall sweat pants that fit my length, but they're really loose on the waist, but I keep them because I got one of them as a gift, and the other one was on sale for $15 and I had a coupon code, so I decided to buy them.

lilnatcat
post Jul 29 2009, 06:19 AM
Post #10

Member No: 73,927

If u don't want ur mum to hem it up, isn't that why u go pay a tailor/alterations place to do it? Sure it'll cost a bit more, but if u really like the pants that much.... i dun see why not. Or else u can try to return it & pay for the shipping fee & such.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: