Reply to this topicStart new topic
Drama Class, is only for the brave
Joss-eh-lime
post Feb 10 2009, 10:21 PM
Post #1

tell me more.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 35,640

i am being forced to finish a semester of drama so that i have a complete year of fine arts. stubborn.gif the problem is that within this class i am in a play where i have a pretty deep role & half the time i just can't get comfortable in front of the directors, who are fellow classmates! i have to act like i am married to a guy who in reality, i barely know. I am sure we look awkward, but what can i do! I don't want to be close to him, nor do I care about anything but my grade.

anyone who is in a drama class
ever been in a situation like this

emberfly
post Feb 10 2009, 10:32 PM
Post #2

kthxbai

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 621,203

No. Drama class is meant to be fun.

You're making way too big of a deal out of it.

It doesn't even matter if you want to be by him or not--it's drama class--act like you do!

Why didn't you just take drawing or something? That class is wayyyyyy easier.

Drama is really easy.. I just can't comprehend that you're having trouble with it... I've always liked acting.

Tsukuyomi-No-Mok...
post Feb 11 2009, 10:38 AM
Post #3

Group: Member
Member No: 709,923

Drama and acting is all about bing able to put on a character when the time calls for it.
i mean i learned that but i've taken acting for 8 years now and yea it's part of what i do.

when ur an actor ur gonna get paired up wit people that you barley know or anything and be asked to act out scenes with them and stuff but that's all part of the learning and acting process
the way i see it is do what u gotta do cause an actor is an entertainer
so you gotta do what ya gotta do nah mean

Maccabee
post Feb 11 2009, 10:48 AM
Post #4

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 593,382

Just try and have fun. Ive learned that once you memorize your lines you just need to do your best. cause even if you mess up you did your best. And you have to think what will people actually think if you mess up. Well...they wont really care. I have been acting since I was 8 and have an agent and have performed in front over probably over 30,000 people in my lifetime. And im 13.

Joss-eh-lime
post Feb 11 2009, 06:46 PM
Post #5

tell me more.

Member No: 35,640

well i had to take drama because that is what i had taken freshman year, and i need to finish that same class before i graduate.
but i think i can deal because everyday i get more and more comfortable with the people im working with.

Eww
post Feb 11 2009, 07:01 PM
Post #6

Member No: 579,129

i am being forced to finish a semester of drama so that i have a complete year of fine arts. stubborn.gif the problem is that within this class i am in a play where i have a pretty deep role & half the time i just can't get comfortable in front of the directors, who are fellow classmates! i have to act like i am married to a guy who in reality, i barely know. I am sure we look awkward, but what can i do! I don't want to be close to him, nor do I care about anything but my grade.

anyone who is in a drama class
ever been in a situation like this

Drama class really is fun ..if you make it that way, which is completely up to you.
I don't think you should worry about looking awkward when you're up on stage working with the other guy. I mean, it's acting. You are not married to the guy you barely know who you have been forced to work with.

Besides, you said you care about your grade. I'm sure if you get more into it, the other guy might try harder too. It might be great. Maybe you'll make a new friend. I'd try to keep positive about this situation (:

creole
post Feb 18 2009, 09:00 PM
Post #7

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 676,364

You're up for drama, if you're the correct llama to do drama.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: