Reply to this topicStart new topic
Collegeboard thinks they're so sneaky
Simba
post Dec 16 2008, 10:25 PM
Post #1

Photoartist

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 399,390

Score Choice permits students to send only their best overall score from a given test date. So students can take tests repeatedly with no apparent penalty. Indeed, according to guidance counselors, many high-school juniors are signing up to take next month's SAT, just as they did this month. The juniors are doing so because they figure it's a free swing at a good score, and they can always re-take the test in March or May.

There's one catch. Colleges can opt out of Score Choice and require applicants to report every SAT score. And some colleges have now decided to do so, NEWSWEEK has learned. Stanford, Cornell, Pomona, the University of Pennsylvania and the University of Southern California told NEWSWEEK their applications next fall will demand all scores. Other elite schools, including Harvard and the University of Chicago, say they'll honor Score Choice; many, such as Yale and Princeton, say they've yet to decide. A few, such as Colby College and Williams, say Score Choice is irrelevant to them because they already cherry-pick the highest individual math, verbal and reading scores from among multiple tests.
----------
"Railing against" Score Choice, wrote Bill Conley of Johns Hopkins, implies top schools "really are dissecting scores at a level we publicly claim not to." If "a student submits a single best sitting of 2320," he asked, does anyone really care "how low were her other score sets?" In an admissions subculture fixated on the SAT, the unkind answer would seem to be yes.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/172585

Basically, some colleges can opt to see all your test attempt scores.

LOL THAT SUCKS

though I never took SATs but I can imagine

*KINGdinguhling*
post Jan 14 2009, 12:50 AM
Post #2

oh well, good thing im done with it

JonHMChan
post Jan 14 2009, 01:24 AM
Post #3

ICE CREAM ♥

Member No: 699,617

Yeah, I'm done with this shit too. Though, I didn't do too bad. It's probably the only impressive thing on my high school app.

transcendentalis...
post Jan 28 2009, 03:43 AM
Post #4

sleep now, moon

Member No: 526,212

i hate collegeboard for this.

LittleMissSunshi...
post Jan 29 2009, 04:43 PM
Post #5

rawr?

Group: Official Member
Member No: 285,858

crapshiz):

Relentless
post Jan 29 2009, 10:08 PM
Post #6

sang loves hayden.

Member No: 5,687

I took the SAT's like 3 times (One of the times was when I had a fever). ='[ lol.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: