Reply to this topicStart new topic
Looking for Alaska and other John Green Books
Cineris
post Oct 9 2008, 10:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 529,394

I loved Looking for Alaska and I think you should go out and read it too!
John Green is an amazing author!
Any fellow nerdfighters here to promote John Green with me?
Any John Green lovers here? lol

chococandles
post Oct 17 2008, 01:02 AM
Post #2

Member No: 674,414

Lol oh wow, I just came on here looking to see if anyone had any reviews about Paper Towns... even though it just came out. I read Looking For Alaska... loved it... I actually haven't had the ability to sit down and actually read a book for pleasure recently... but that was one of the exceptions.

But yeah, I really want to go out and buy Paper Towns.

DFTBA :D (although... I admit, I'm not really that avid a nerdfighter... as of yet).

magnificentmike
post Dec 22 2008, 02:59 PM
Post #3

Member No: 23,660

I finished reading Looking For Alaska last night and loved it. Such an amazing book. I started reading the prologue to Paper Towns and it seems interesting. I'll probably read more later on today.

waccoon
post Dec 22 2008, 03:01 PM
Post #4

We are the cure.

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 1,456

I read LFA last year and I loved it so much, haha. Very inspiring. <3 It put me in one of those "WHAT IS THE MEANING OF LIFE?!?!" phases.

magnificentmike
post Dec 22 2008, 03:35 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(waccoon @ Dec 22 2008, 12:01 PM) *
I read LFA last year and I loved it so much, haha. Very inspiring. <3 It put me in one of those "WHAT IS THE MEANING OF LIFE?!?!" phases.

Haha, so true. I loved the ending. I would have to say that was my favorite part.

*paperplane*
post Dec 22 2008, 04:21 PM
Post #6

I'm reading Looking for Alaska right now. Read An Abundance of Katherines a couple of weeks ago, and I've got Paper Towns behind my bed. I have a friend who's really into them, so I figured I'd pick up the books because I had really coupons for Barnes and Noble.

magnificentmike
post Dec 22 2008, 04:32 PM
Post #7

Oh, did you like An Abundance of Katherines? I'll probably read it after I read Paper Towns.

*paperplane*
post Dec 22 2008, 05:10 PM
Post #8

Yeah, it was good. I was into it enough that I read the whole thing in a day (a day the week finals started, mind you- that was dumb). It's been a while since I've read books from the teen section, and i was glad to be reminded that they can be quick, intelligent, and not all compete mindless drivel. Most likely I'm fond of it because it was the first book I'd read for fun since July or August, but still, good.

tokyo-rose
post Dec 23 2008, 04:11 PM
Post #9

♡♡♡♡♡

Group: Head Staff
Member No: 108,478

I've been wondering if I should read Looking for Alaska. For some reason I didn't think that this John Green was the same one who wrote An Abundance of Katherines, which I read probably last year and liked quite a bit. All the footnotes in it are funny. Never heard of Paper Towns; was it published recently?

*paperplane*
post Dec 25 2008, 07:56 PM
Post #10

Yeah, it's still in hardback. Since my last post, I've finished Looking for Alaska and read Paper Towns. I think I liked Paper Towns the least.

chococandles
post Jan 25 2009, 03:42 AM
Post #11

Member No: 674,414

My favourite of his books was An Abudance of Katherines, but it may just be because it pleasantly surprised me. Hah, I kinda of judge books by their covers, and I wasn't much of a fan of the first cover, but yeah, once I read his other books, I decided to read it. I think I could relate the most to it.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: