4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Breaking Dawn ***SPOILERS***, ...
JokeInsideJoke
post Aug 12 2008, 09:19 PM
Post #51

I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite :-)

Group: Official Member
Member No: 601,399

^ he has alot of pics like that biggrin.gif
[edit]
i mean look at these laugh.gif

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3081/2458826537_696c4b8ac4.jpg

JokeInsideJoke
post Aug 14 2008, 11:13 AM
Post #52

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!
thats my favorite!

*absinthe*
post Aug 19 2008, 12:16 AM
Post #53

QUOTE(JokeInsideJoke @ Aug 13 2008, 04:19 AM) *

holy hell. wub.gif

and now that i`m done reading them all...

wow. i didn't expect the series to be what it was. mellow.gif

technicolour
post Aug 19 2008, 01:09 AM
Post #54

show me a garden thats bursting to life

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 115,987

QUOTE(banhbao @ Aug 14 2008, 11:10 AM) *
OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGg This is my favorite one up to date cause it made me laugh mad hard.

http://cdn-8.11piecesofflare.com/d1/sticke...33653_thumb.png

NOOO! It says that it's been removed!
Reason for edit: Please don't quote images. - Cristy

Leosageheart
post Aug 19 2008, 08:06 AM
Post #55

Group: Member
Member No: 581,924

QUOTE(JokeInsideJoke @ Aug 7 2008, 09:39 PM) *
am i the only one who is happy with it the way it is???

I enjoyed it, and I'm not just saying that. After reading Breaking Dawn, I continued to re-read the entire series again. And quite frankly, I'm left wanting more. Breaking Dawn was excellent in my book. And I did love the Jacob section of the book, which I found odd.
After reading New Moon again I was still convinced on the pushiness of Jacob. He was just down right cruel to her, even continuing in Eclipse - ask me to kiss you or I'll go die... Huh?

Back on to Jacob's section in Breaking Dawn. I'd have to say my favorite part was when Jacob took his rightful place as an Alpha, even if it wasn't the way I thought he should. In Elipse, it said he wouldn't step up to it, not that Sam wouldn't step down. But when Jacob took on the tone of the Alpha, Sam was furious, telling him the pack would never follow him. But half of them ended up doing so, funny.

Overall, Breaking Dawn was still better than New Moon in my opinion, but I still want more from Bella's prospective.

RiddleMeWonders
post Aug 19 2008, 08:15 AM
Post #56

fell in love with a boy

Member No: 16,965

i'm really sick of all these freaking happy endings. JK ROWLING and Stephenie Meyer had the potential to break hearts. But they DIDN'T. I mean, maybe they were just afraid of someone going all "Misery" on their asses, but. Hey. You're going to trade quality literature for some fictional character's happy ending, and the sleep of peace without fear of having your ankles hobbled at night? Wtf dudes?

Also, it makes sense that no one likes Bella the more they read the books. It fits. Because the whole time Bella is reading Wuthering Heights over and over again. Both of the main characters are horrible. Stands to reason that if Bella compares herself to the chick, she should be as dislikable.

mmhmichelle
post Aug 19 2008, 01:39 PM
Post #57

young enough to not give a f*ck

Member No: 35,060

QUOTE(elbaliava @ Aug 11 2008, 09:46 PM) *
Meh... I still don't like Robert Pattison as Edward.
And I'm not a huge fan of Kristen Stewart... I think she is too lanky for Bella. When I picture her blushing, I expect like... these pinchable cheeks. Stewart has like no meat to her face, or any of her for that matter.

I just really hate her voice. It sounds manly to me.

TiffanyFactorial
post Aug 20 2008, 04:40 AM
Post #58

We're Over 9,000!!!1!

Group: Human
Member No: 352,435

i love men in flannel shirts & robert + flannel shirts = soo soooooooo gorgeous. oh man!

Leosageheart, your opinion is practically identical to mine. i was not a fan of new moon. the lack of edward's presence was just..ugh. and at first i really disliked jacob's point of view but then i realized that it was genius. it was necessary to have it from jacob's point of view instead of bella's because it brought to light the drama that was going on with the wolf pack. it wouldn't have caused the same tension if bella was narrating it, she was passed out and/or laying on the couch with a baby kicking her life out.

honestly, it was very witty and entertaining to read. loveee seth! he really makes you laugh.

& about the happy endings, yeah so whatt. we all cried enough in new moon. i think we've dealt with our heartache.

*absinthe*
post Aug 20 2008, 12:42 PM
Post #59

QUOTE(RiddleMeWonders @ Aug 19 2008, 03:15 PM) *
i'm really sick of all these freaking happy endings. JK ROWLING and Stephenie Meyer had the potential to break hearts. But they DIDN'T. I mean, maybe they were just afraid of someone going all "Misery" on their asses, but. Hey. You're going to trade quality literature for some fictional character's happy ending, and the sleep of peace without fear of having your ankles hobbled at night? Wtf dudes?

Also, it makes sense that no one likes Bella the more they read the books. It fits. Because the whole time Bella is reading Wuthering Heights over and over again. Both of the main characters are horrible. Stands to reason that if Bella compares herself to the chick, she should be as dislikable.

I completely agree. Well, minus the part where Rowling did break my heart by killing off Hedwig. She could have let her live. NO. She SHOULD have. fallen.gif I've never read Wuthering Heights, but I would agree with you there, too. I wonder if Meyer purposefully wanted to creat parallels between them both. blink.gif
hedwig. :(

Smarmosaur
post Aug 20 2008, 04:25 PM
Post #60

AKA RockIt Studios

Member No: 421,809

ok so, am I the only one curious about the baby thing?
'cause blood stops flowing when you're a vampire, correct? the body stays the same and such. but how the hell does a vampire man make a normal human girl pregnant?

*absinthe*
post Aug 20 2008, 07:54 PM
Post #61

^somehow sperm is able to travel. shrug.gif
and i was wondering if vampires are afraid to bite random people. can they catch AIDS?

xD

technicolour
post Aug 21 2008, 12:55 AM
Post #62

QUOTE(absinthe @ Aug 20 2008, 12:42 PM) *
I completely agree. Well, minus the part where Rowling did break my heart by killing off Hedwig. She could have let her live. NO. She SHOULD have. fallen.gif I've never read Wuthering Heights, but I would agree with you there, too. I wonder if Meyer purposefully wanted to creat parallels between them both. blink.gif
hedwig. :(

It's depressing. But Twilight & WH do have a lot of commonalities. Pick it up sometime and give it a try. Ye be warned, though, it's not easy reading.

VAMPIRE ANATAOMY! Starring, McEdward! XD

*absinthe*
post Aug 21 2008, 05:48 PM
Post #63

^LOL.
Ye be warned, though, it's not easy reading.

Why is that? If you don't mind me asking.

tokyo-rose
post Aug 21 2008, 10:54 PM
Post #64

♡♡♡♡♡

Group: Head Staff
Member No: 108,478

QUOTE(absinthe @ Aug 20 2008, 08:54 PM) *
and i was wondering if vampires are afraid to bite random people. can they catch AIDS?

They can probably detect if a person is diseased using their supersenses. :P

I don't think vampires can become ill.

technicolour
post Aug 21 2008, 11:46 PM
Post #65

QUOTE(absinthe @ Aug 21 2008, 05:48 PM) *
^LOL.
Why is that? If you don't mind me asking.

Well, it was written around 1900, so the language of the book isn't too complex, just different. Language meaning, yes it's in english, but the grammar and syntax is different.

If you have read an Austen novel, it's pretty similar.

FLIPPIN NPS. EVERY FREAKING POST I SWEARIM CURSED.

angelrevelation
post Aug 22 2008, 03:53 PM
Post #66

You can't keep running from what you're trying to find.

Member No: 54,096

QUOTE(RockItStudios @ Aug 20 2008, 02:25 PM) *
ok so, am I the only one curious about the baby thing?
'cause blood stops flowing when you're a vampire, correct? the body stays the same and such. but how the hell does a vampire man make a normal human girl pregnant?

well he was still a virgin, so i guess... it was all still stored in him blink.gif

So I just finished BD yesterday (I've been busy). I agree that there should have been more fighting. All the talking made it a little anticlimactic. And why Renesmee? She could have been a lot more creative.

One of my favorite lines was when Jacob was like, "Real werewolves? Then what am I, imaginary?"

tokyo-rose
post Aug 22 2008, 05:32 PM
Post #67

♡♡♡♡♡

Group: Head Staff
Member No: 108,478

QUOTE(technicolour @ Aug 22 2008, 12:46 AM) *
FLIPPIN NPS. EVERY FREAKING POST I SWEARIM CURSED.

What does "NPS" mean?

QUOTE(angelrevelation @ Aug 22 2008, 04:53 PM) *
So I just finished BD yesterday (I've been busy). I agree that there should have been more fighting. All the talking made it a little anticlimactic. And why Renesmee? She could have been a lot more creative.

Yeah, I wanted to see all the vampires use their powers against the Volturi. =/

Renesmee is definitely not the best name that Meyer could have come up with. She should have chosen one with more meaning.

I still think of Jacob as a werewolf since that's how he's been described throughout the whole series. And come to think of it, why doesn't the La Push pack know their legend better? They should have called themselves shape-shifters from the start.

only-tuesdays
post Aug 22 2008, 06:42 PM
Post #68

Lets Get Dead

Member No: 641,562

^Maybe they didn't realize there were "real" werewolves, and they were just shape-shifters.

technicolour
post Aug 22 2008, 07:49 PM
Post #69

QUOTE(jaeminnie @ Aug 22 2008, 05:32 PM) *
What does "NPS" mean?

New Page Starter. I swear to god, like, half of my posts are always at the beginning of a new page.

I remember in some X-Files episodes they had some indians who would "shape shift" into wolves. They never called them werewolves.

*absinthe*
post Aug 22 2008, 08:35 PM
Post #70

QUOTE(jaeminnie @ Aug 21 2008, 08:54 PM) *
They can probably detect if a person is diseased using their supersenses. :P

I don't think vampires can become ill.

haha, good point.

Well, it was written around 1900, so the language of the book isn't too complex, just different. Language meaning, yes it's in english, but the grammar and syntax is different.

Oh. Gotcha. I`ll keep that in mind. thumbsup.gif

TiffanyFactorial
post Aug 23 2008, 05:25 AM
Post #71

We're Over 9,000!!!1!

Group: Human
Member No: 352,435

i don't think it was stephenie meyer lacking creativity, it's got to do with bella's personality. she's not very creative. i mean. come on it, it's bella. she loves esme & renee, two female figures in her life that mean the world to her. then the birth of a child who is the daughter of the man who means the world to her. her life revolves around these people. it's no wonder she named her kid that.

and about the vampire getting aids thing, i wondered about that too. but we all know vampires can't get sick. :)

angelrevelation
post Aug 26 2008, 05:35 PM
Post #72

You can't keep running from what you're trying to find.

Member No: 54,096

I think it would be rather depressing, if you were a vampire without any real powers...

*absinthe*
post Aug 26 2008, 06:45 PM
Post #73

QUOTE(angelrevelation @ Aug 26 2008, 03:35 PM) *
I think it would be rather depressing, if you were a vampire without any real powers...

haha, i agree. i`d be pretty pissed, too.

JokeInsideJoke
post Aug 27 2008, 07:55 AM
Post #74

QUOTE(angelrevelation @ Aug 26 2008, 06:35 PM) *

very true. you would be around "people" who can do amazing thing like read your mind, and what can you do?
nothing.

Joss-eh-lime
post Aug 27 2008, 10:56 PM
Post #75

tell me more.

Member No: 35,640

endlesslyshesaid:; i so agree with you!

the book took me on a rollercoaster of emotions when it came to bellas character. she loves a werewolf, but she REALLY loves a vampire. she is easy to get along with, then i hate her. but of all things almost DIEING for an unknown species inside of her made absolutely no sense to me. and Rosalie really upset me with her possesive behavior. this "twist" of her becoming pregnant was such a weird surprise.

but over all i enjoyed it. bellas powers are very cool thoguh it was unrealistic how quickly she gained such intense control over them. the part when she is human and sex obsessed was kind of...charming on her part. and edward's initial resistance made him seem even more of a gentleman. haha

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: