wsup? what are we looking forward to?

people who are required to reply:

steven
tung
james
teesa
javonn

anyone else will be a major bonus

i'm most looking forward to seeing what happens with chicago and the nets, i wanna see who they bring in. i know this summer is going to be consumed with lebron, but i think i care more to see where bosh goes and if wade will go somewhere.

sixfive
post May 16 2010, 02:37 PM
Post #2

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 653,768

I want to see Bosh go to the Rockets.

That aside, Shaq, T-Mac, Joe Johnson, Ray Allen, Yao (doubt he'll move), Amare, Lebron, DWade, Bosh, Dirk, Tyson Chandler, and mas. I wonder the most about T-Mac, Lebron, Bosh, and D Wade. They all have promising places they can go and lots of money to be made.

kryogenix
post May 16 2010, 03:49 PM
Post #3

Sarcastic Mr. Know-It-All

Member No: 29

If Wade, Bosh or James come to the Knicks, this train wreck of a season will have been worth it I guess. Wade and James are definitely worth max, I'd like Bosh better at $18 mil but I can see him going for max. Joe Johnson is definitely not a max player. I'd only want David Lee back if he's going to take $8 million or less. Knicks still need a PG though.

I'm not so sure Lebron to Chicago would work out. He's already struggled to live up to Jordan, so I dunno how he'll do living in his shadow in Chicago. Plus both Rose and Lebron bring the ball up for their teams, so they gotta work that out if they're going to play together. And they still need to hire a coach. I feel like it would make most sense for Lebron to join Wade in Miami, as much as I hate that idea.

brooklyneast05
post May 21 2010, 01:39 PM
Post #4

I'm Jc

Group: Mentor
Member No: 437,556

yeah i don't want him to go to miami...but they have a lot to offer.

i always talk about this but if lebron, or any of these guys, really wanted to win a championship, wouldn't they just settle with less money (which is still gonna be a ton) and play together. i don't get why they don't do it. players only start wanting to do this later in their career, ie gary payton & karl malone going to the lakers.

if a few of these guys just got together and said ok let's take less money and share the limelight for a few years and win some rings then they could probably do it.

maybe it would make it more boring though.

so do you guys think phil jackson will stick around

sixfive
post May 21 2010, 02:07 PM
Post #5

yah i think he will who doesn't like money

also, do championships come with monetary rewards that could match what they give up for taking a lower pay?

brooklyneast05
post May 21 2010, 02:13 PM
Post #6

I'm Jc

i would think the reward of winning one should be worth more. they all say how badly they want to win, yet they won't take less money to put themselves in a better position to. if lebron doesn't win a ring, it's going to haunt him forever. i mean people's legacy in sports pretty much hangs on championships. i'm willing to bet if iverson, barkley, etc could go back in time they would probably take a pay cut to ensure they had left the game with a ring, but i could be wrong. it's just like they're always going to be known for that. even if they do take a pay cut they are making ridiculously more money than the average person. i duno maybe i need to be a sports star to understand it.

i'd say they indirectly prosper from winning too. i mean the bigger the legacy the more money they make elsewhere. tiger wasn't raking in the sponsorships from being a loser every time masters came around.

DoubleJ
post May 21 2010, 02:23 PM
Post #7

The Resident Drunk

Group: Head Staff
Member No: 593,266

If I am running the Nets, I would just try to get Amare and Joe Johnson. That would be the most athletic Lebron-less team that they could put on the court. Of course, I think they will make a splash with coach. This Russian inspires me. Now if only he would buy the Mets.

sixfive
post May 21 2010, 02:57 PM
Post #8

I think it's pretty easy to say you'd take less money when you're not being offered it to begin with and 16 mil is still a hell of a lot of money. Get into that situation and I think money has an effect on a lot of people. I could say right now that I'd rather have the ring and the recognition over a few extra million, but I'll never be in that position to begin with. I also think a lot of people like having the extra attention from being an all star on a team with less all stars. The more all stars there are on a team, the less you matter.

brooklyneast05
post May 21 2010, 03:20 PM
Post #9

I'm Jc

i do think the ego thing is a big factor. if lebron was to refuse to go to miami maybe that'd be why maybe, wade gives him a run for his money. i would rather have wade than lebron. wade can perform under pressure. i think i have to agree with skip bayless, that maybe lebron is more of a robin who needs a batman like wade.

why am i such a lebron hater damn.

DoubleJ
post May 21 2010, 07:20 PM
Post #10

The Resident Drunk

The Nets will get AK47. Book It.

kryogenix
post May 23 2010, 08:23 AM
Post #11

Rumor is Dirk is opting out from the Mavs. He's getting older but he's still a good player and would make a great mentor for Gallinari.

DoubleJ
post May 23 2010, 08:04 PM
Post #12

The Resident Drunk

Well...rumor no more...he opted out. Poor Poor Mark Cuban lol

kryogenix
post Jul 14 2010, 11:25 AM
Post #13

QUOTE(kryogenix @ May 16 2010, 04:49 PM) *
I feel like it would make most sense for Lebron to join Wade in Miami, as much as I hate that idea.

You are now aware that I called it.

also, lol nets

brooklyneast05
post Jan 5 2011, 08:21 PM
Post #14

I'm Jc

hey guys, we were so wrong lol

DoubleJ
post Jan 5 2011, 08:29 PM
Post #15

The Resident Drunk

Hell yeah we were. Melo just makes himself look dumb, because nobody else will bid for him knowing he is going to New York.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: