Reply to this topicStart new topic
the prosecution of george w. bush for murder
brooklyneast05
post May 13 2009, 07:07 PM
Post #1

I'm Jc

Group: Mentor
Member No: 437,556

Famed Charles Manson prosecutor and three time #1 New York Times bestselling author Vincent Bugliosi has written the most powerful, explosive, and thought-provoking book of his storied career.

In The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder, Bugliosi presents a tight, meticulously researched legal case that puts George W. Bush on trial in an American courtroom for the murder of nearly 4,000 American soldiers fighting the war in Iraq. Bugliosi sets forth the legal architecture and incontrovertible evidence that President Bush took this nation to war in Iraq under false pretenses—a war that has not only caused the deaths of American soldiers but also over 100,000 innocent Iraqi men, women, and children; cost the United States over one trillion dollars thus far with no end in sight; and alienated many American allies in the Western world.

As a prosecutor who is dedicated to seeking justice, Bugliosi, in his inimitable style, delivers a non-partisan argument, free from party lines and instead based upon hard facts and pure objectivity.

A searing indictment of the President and his administration, The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder also outlines a legally credible pathway to holding our highest government officials accountable for their actions, thereby creating a framework for future occupants of the oval office.

Vincent Bugliosi calls for the United States of America to return to the great nation it once was and can be again. He believes the first step to achieving this goal is to bring those responsible for the war in Iraq to justice.

About the Author
Vincent Bugliosi received his law degree in 1964. In his career at the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office, he successfully prosecuted 105 out of 106 felony jury trials, including 21 murder convictions without a single loss. His most famous trial, the Charles Manson case, became the basis of his true-crime classic, Helter Skelter, the biggest selling true-crime book in publishing history. Two of Bugliosi's other true-crime books--And the Sea Will Tell and Outrage--also reached #1 on the New York Times hardcover bestseller list. No other American true-crime writer has ever had more than one book that achieved this ranking. His latest book, Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy, was also a New York Times bestseller, and is being made into a ten-part HBO miniseries, for which Tom Hanks will be a producer. Bugliosi lives with his wife of many years in Los Angeles.

http://www.prosecutionofbush.com/

so i just finished reading this book, has anyone else read this or heard about it?

illriginal
post May 13 2009, 07:36 PM
Post #2

Group: Official Member
Member No: 455,274

Heard about it.. It is a highly recommended book from last that I checked. A good book you should also take a look into is, "Liberty and Tyranny" By Mark R. Levin

kryogenix
post May 13 2009, 11:56 PM
Post #3

Sarcastic Mr. Know-It-All

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 29

I say go for it; but don't just stop there. Go for congress too.

brooklyneast05
post May 14 2009, 12:24 AM
Post #4

I'm Jc

Group: Mentor
Member No: 437,556

hmmm, yeah me too. although in this book, the big argument is around the fact that bush withheld information from the american people and congress which was vital to the support he received. he cites examples such as the white papers, where you have a intelligence document that was declassified for congress and everyone to be able to read prior to deciding to go to war. then the catch is that the white papers were edited way too much from the original document bush got, even going so far as to delete information all together. i mean it was pretty f*cked, when i read it i was like what the f*ck. you have the CIA telling him there isn't evidence to believe hussein is a threat, and they pretty much delete that out and imply the complete opposite. (just an example, there's a lot more junk in the book)

he doesn't just limit it to bush though, he includes cheney and rice for sure in who he thinks can successfully be prosecuted along with bush.

i duno, this is a pretty good book. i think everyone should read it just because there is a lot of good information in it and he's coming from the right place. i have no clue why they don't want to investigate all this shit about bush. it just seems like documented facts that he f*cked up, that he said one thing while intelligence was telling him another. it really blows my mind.

my biggest complaint is there is way way too much of him ranting against bush. i mean i hate bush, so it was pretty much like preaching to choir for me but it was even too much for me to stomach at times. i get that if he believes all this, which obviously he does, then of course he's furious, but damn. he comes off as emotional and nutty at times. he shoulda just cut some of that out because it it doesn't help him come across as objective really. if you can get past that then there's good stuff in it and a lot of great points.

QUOTE(illriginal @ May 13 2009, 07:36 PM) *
Heard about it.. It is a highly recommended book from last that I checked. A good book you should also take a look into is, "Liberty and Tyranny" By Mark R. Levin

i haven't heard of that, i'll have to look into it.

*Janette*
post May 14 2009, 05:07 PM
Post #5

Never seen or heard about this before, but I'm putting this on my to-read list. (:

DGXIV
post Jul 11 2009, 04:10 PM
Post #6

Group: Member
Member No: 736,855

me too

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: