Shampoo....heard rumors...., unhealthy for hair?
*makeup-teddy*
post Sep 9 2009, 08:30 PM
Post #1

I've heard things about shampoo being extremely unhealthy for hair, and loads of people have been switching to "all natural" things.

That's not going to stop me from using it.

BUT,

I take a shower in the mornings, then in the afternoon I go for runs, then come home and shower again. Wake up, shower again- repeat..

Is it bad to wash your hair twice a day?
I mean after I go for a run and shower im at home and theres really no need for me to use it, but it just like to, makes me feel clean O_O and conditioner=no tangles.

But yeh, so my question- Is it unhealthy for your hair to wash it twice a day?
x

Start new topic
Replies
Gigi
post Sep 9 2009, 09:07 PM
Post #2

in a matter of time

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 191,357

^ You're probably thinking sodium laureth sulfate (you would be able to tell if there was sodium in your shampoo...you can tell by how the bottle has exploded in your hand...lol). I don't even think it's terribly dangerous, just maybe indicative of a crappy shampoo.

I hate rigid quantitative rules when it comes to health...I mean, just do whatever you want and you feel suits you. If you notice that your hair is annoyingly dry when you wash your hair too often, then stop washing it that often. It's a better idea to listen to what your own body is telling you than subscribing to some quack doctor's advice that has gone viral on the web.

Of course, the general consensus is to wash your hair once every other day to prevent drying out the hair too much, but do what you want.

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: