Reply to this topicStart new topic
gah quick advice/thoughts/etc
batman
post Feb 23 2009, 04:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 696,018

So the last day to drop a class is tomorrow and so is my abnormal psych exam that I'm not ready for at all.

I hate the professor, am bored with the material, and haven't really attended more than 3 of the lectures. So I think it might be a good idea to drop the class.

HOWEVER. In the past, I've taken 6 classes (19-20 credits) per semester. This semester, if I drop psych, I'll only be taking 4 classes and 14 credits. The minimum per semester is 12 credits.

Dropping the class doesn't really make that much of a difference for my major. I can pick up another intermediate psych class either fall or spring semester next year.

So... should I drop?

It's sounding like a good idea to me, but one of my friends keeps nagging me because I'll only be taking 14 credits and she's all "blah blah blah, i'm taking 20 credits! stop being lazy!"

I guess I shouldn't be lazy, but I can't really change what I did this past month. I was sick, injured, somewhat depressed, and if I already screwed myself over, it's okay to try and lessen the blow, right?

Ekay
post Feb 23 2009, 04:11 PM
Post #2

Eternal Syn

Group: Member
Member No: 24,000

it seems like you already know what you wanna do. if i were in your situation, i'd drop it too despite the nagging advice from a friend. and plus it doesn't do anything to your major so there's not really a big con to dropping your class besides the aspect of your credits which i'm sure you've already come to terms with.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: