Reply to this topicStart new topic
PDF EXPERTS?
AthenatheGrate
post Jan 17 2009, 06:02 PM
Post #1

Athena

Group: Member
Member No: 278,071

I am working on a college project in which i have to fill out college applications...but not handwritten(a.k.a. must be typed) i don't know how to type on the pdf? does any one know?

Comptine
post Jan 18 2009, 01:04 AM
Post #2

Sing to Me

Member No: 10,808

If the pdf is editable, it will let you type directly onto the form. You could know if you can type on the pdf. Just click a fill-in part and see if you can type of it.

AthenatheGrate
post Jan 18 2009, 01:29 PM
Post #3

Athena

Member No: 278,071

if it isn't editable is there anyway to make it so?

TiffanyFactorial
post Feb 17 2009, 08:03 PM
Post #4

We're Over 9,000!!!1!

Group: Human
Member No: 352,435

You would have to search for a program to convert the pdf to a format you can edit. You can google a free conversion site that will convert the pdf to a word document.

illriginal
post Feb 17 2009, 08:19 PM
Post #5

Group: Official Member
Member No: 455,274

QUOTE(AthenatheGrate @ Jan 18 2009, 01:29 PM) *
if it isn't editable is there anyway to make it so?

Im pretty sure if they gave it to you in order to fill out they made it editable. If it is, Acrobat Reader should allow you type onto the PDF file/form and then save it.

If not you can use any of these software (first one being the best): http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Best/edit-pdf-forms.html

Filling in the form: Once the file is open, left click in the first cell you will need to type information into, type in the information, hit the "tab" key to move to the next field that will need to be filled in, continue to hit the "tab" key after each entry to navigate through the fields until the form is completed. Where possible, the tabs have been organized to lead you from one field to another in the order in which the each field or box needs to be completed. If at any time you want to go to a certain field, you can click in that field.

Note : If the field requires a "checkmark" or "X" you will need to place the mouse cursor over the field and left click in the field to have one appear. Hit tab to continue filling out the form.

Please note that as you add text in a particular field or box please be aware that there is a limited amount of space. Although the amount of space allocated to a particular field is fixed the space individual characters may occupy can vary (e.g. an 'i' takes less space than a 'w'). Therefore please check that all of the details you have typed in a particular box are clearly shown when you have finished.

Avoid the use of capitals to maximize the number of characters that you can place in a specific field.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: