Reply to this topicStart new topic
Unprotected Sex, Its consequences and what to do
Comptine
post Mar 21 2007, 08:57 PM
Post #1

Sing to Me

Group: Member
Member No: 10,808

I've noticed that several topics ask: "AM I PREGNANT?" or "HOW DO I KNOW I'M PREGNANT?" or "OMG!!! WE DIDN'T USE A CONDOM! WHAT DO I DO NOW?"

I understand the prospect of being pregnant could be insanely scary and it seems that your future is uncertain. Hopefully, this guide will help confused/panicking girls (and guys) when they need it.[/size]

I, in no way, condone careless sex. If you're going to be stupid about it, don't have sex. Remember, the best way to avoid pregnancy AND STDs/STIs is ABSTINENCE. If you do have sex, the next best thing is condoms.

What to Do After Unprotected Sex

[size=2]
  1. What is Unprotected Sex?
    Since we're focusing on the prospect of pregnancy, our primary concern is unprotected vaginal intercourse (although there are other risks with other unprotected sexually activities). Unprotected sex is sex without protection from pregnancy/STIs/STDs.

Certains types of "pregnancy cautions" such as the withdrawal method (where the male pulls out before he ejaculates) or the rhythm method (where the female only has sex on days with the lowest possibility of fertilization) are not 100% fail proof and should not be relied on. These are still considered unprotected sex. Use these methods at your own risk.

Also, having sex with birth control without a condom is still considered semi-unprotected sex. Birth control does not protect you from STDs/STIs. When you have sex, pregnancy should not be your only concern.

2. Help! We didn't use a condom but he didn't come (ejaculate) inside me! Is that okay?!?!

One of the biggest concern with this problem is whether or not the precum can cause pregnancy. Even though, the male ejaculates outside the vagina, males release precum that contains minute amounts of sperm. The sperm count increases in precum if the male has ejaculated within the past 24 hours.

Also, even if it's outside, some males (especially teenage ones) have problems with their control. So even if his penis pulls out the vagina, if he ejaculates in the immediate area of the vulva/labia, the sperm can migrate into the vagina and cause fertilization.

In other words, it's not completely okay because there is a small chance you can get pregnant.

3. AH! We had unprotected sex last night! What am I going to DO? *hyperventilates*
    First of all, calm down. If you're going to freak out, its going to make the situation worse.

Second, you should get the Morning-After Pill or the Plan B pill. THESE ARE NOT ABORTION PILLS! THEY DO NOT TERMINATE A PREGNANCY! They prevent pregnancies from happening. If you are pregnant, they have absolute no effect. Also, emergency contraception is not an acceptable form of routine birth control. Once again, if you're going to be stupid and use Plan B instead of a condom, don't have sex.

Important: These pills should be taken as soon as possible after unprotected sex. They are most effective within 72 hours after unprotected sex. It could be effective as long as 5 days after unprotected sex but as time passes on, the less effective they are. Get them ASAP.

How to Get Emergency Contraception:
    • Plan B is now available without a prescription for 18 year olds or older but you have to go to the pharmacy to pick it up. If you are a minor of 17 years or younger, you need a prescription. Check with your local pharmacy to make sure they stock it. Be prepared to pay quite a bit. Plan B can cost from $20 to $40.
    • Planned Parenthood is an THE place to go if you're a panicking, unprotected sex having teenager. It is completely anonymous so your parents won't find out. Planned Parenthood keeps files confidential, even if you're a minor (though sometimes this might not be so. Ask the center for their privacy policy. In some states, they are sometimes compeled to break confidentiality). Also, it tries to keep the cost low so people won't be discouraged from getting help. You have to register and see one of their doctors in order to get a prescription. Some doctors/pharmacists do not feel comfortable providing the medication - but Planned Parenthood will not deny you the pills. In other words, GO HERE if you need help. Make an appointment to ensure you see the doctor as soon as you can. Some Planned Parenthood centers take walk-ins.
    Plan B can be taken as one single dose or two pills in which the second one is taken 12 hours after the first. Side effects include: nausea, stomach pain, headache, dizziness, breast tenderness, or spotting/bleeding. Plan B can also delay your period by a week so don't panic if you don't get it during your regular time. However, if your period is more than a week late, get a pregnancy test.

Emergency Contraception Links:

4. Oh no! It’s too late to take Plan B! How soon can I find out if I’m pregnant?
    Pregnancy does not happen immediately. It takes up to 6 days for the sperm to meet the egg (aka fertilization). Then, it takes 6 to 10 days for the fertilized egg to implant on the uterus wall.

You can find out as soon as 7 days after unprotected sex with a blood test or a really strong urine test. They measure relatively lower amounts of the pregnancy hormone, hCG, than commercial pregnancy tests. Though, if you use an early test, make sure to retest later in case it is a false negative..

The urine pregnancy tests (E.P.T, First Response, etc.) can only detect pregnancy within a few days before your missed period. They are accurate but you should still buy a two tests kit to be extra certain. You must read the test’s instructions carefully! If you do it incorrectly, it could give you inaccurate results.
    • E.P.T. – can be used 4 days before the expected period. But for 99% accuracy, use it the day of your expected period.
    • First Reponse – 5 days before a missed period. 99% accuracy on day of expected period.
    • Clear Blue – 5 days before a missed period. 99% accuracy on day of expected period.
    Pregnancy symptoms can present at different times for different women. Some claim that symptoms start as soon as a week after unprotected sex. Use a pregnancy test instead of relying on the display of symptoms because pregnancy symptoms are similar to several things including stress and your period.

Pregnancy Links:

5. Oh my god! I just found out I’m pregnant! What am I going to do?

You have three choices: keep the kid, put it up for adoption, or abortions. You should contemplate all these choices. However, abortion should be the last resort.

Keep the Kid:Parenthood is a big responsibility. No words I can provide will prepare you or make you feel any better. Also, there is no science behind this so I can’t explain it. Planned Parenhood provides services for unprepared parents. Make sure to receive prenatal care to ensure the safety/health of you and your child.

Adoption:Once again, there is no science behind this. Aside from adoption agencies, there is also an option with the Safe Haven laws. Under these laws, a parent can leave the baby in designated safe zones such as hospitals, fire houses, and police stations. It changes from state to state so check.

Abortion: This should be your absolute last resort and this decision should come to after much heavy consideration. There are two types – medical or vacuum aspiration abortion. Some states require a minor to get parental consent or inform a parent before the procedure. Check your state’s parental consent and notification laws.
    • Medical abortion (97% effective) – Can be taken up to 49, 56, or 63 days into the pregnancy: it depends on the medication. It is a multi-step process and you must commit yourself to it. Can cost $350 to $650.
      1. Dose of either mifepristone or methotrexate at the doctor’s/clinic. Mifepristone stops hormone progesterone and the lining of the uterus breaks down, ending the pregnancy. Methotrexate stops growth of pregnancy in uterus and in the fallopian tube (ectopic pregnancy).
      2. Misoprostol is given to soften the cervix and cause the uterus to empty. This can be taken at the clinic or at home. It should be taken up to 3 days after taking Mifepristone or up to 5 days after taking Methotrexate. This causes heavily bleeding - the emptying of the uterus. This is the abortion.
      3. Followup. Just to make sure everything is okay.
  • Vacuum Aspiration Abortion (Nearly 100% effective) – Up to 14 weeks in the pregnancy. $350 to $700. Hospitals cost more than a clinic. Can be done manually by a doctor or by a machine. Takes from 10 – 20 minutes.
  • Links:

*Kathleen*
    post Mar 24 2007, 11:14 PM
    Post #2

Wow, this is really helpful; hopefully we won't continue to have ten million questions about sex and getting pregnant.

Bonobo
    post Mar 24 2007, 11:16 PM
    Post #3

Just another kid...

Member No: 505,690

I say pin this here, in the girls lockeroom, and boys locker room then everyone will shut up

*WHIMSICAL 0NE*
    post Mar 24 2007, 11:21 PM
    Post #4

This is lots of good info. from both sides of the spectrum. I think this should be pinned, those "am i preggo?" threads are getting annoying.

cupcakex
    post Mar 27 2007, 08:40 PM
    Post #5

omfg, rtfql.

Member No: 511,564

Very informing.
    I looked all over for information like this, for a friend a while ago,
    and I couldn't find much.
    Anyway, thanks for all that.
    Hopefully it's helpful to others too.

synthase
    post Apr 3 2007, 04:44 PM
    Post #6

ALLISON

Group: Official Designer
    Member No: 310,259

this is really really helpful _smile.gif
    It will help a lot of people out there

HakunaMatata
    post Jun 20 2007, 10:56 PM
    Post #7

Home is where your rump rests!

Group: Staff Alumni
    Member No: 451,969

Pinned for two weeks and cross-linked in Boys's and Girls's Locker Rooms. _smile.gif

*Insurmountable*
    post Aug 2 2007, 12:30 PM
    Post #8

So if this is supposed to only be pinned for two weeks then shouldn't it be unpinned now?

x_curse_of_the_c...
    post Aug 2 2007, 12:50 PM
    Post #9

Member No: 444,349

why only for two weeks?

HakunaMatata
    post Aug 14 2007, 05:59 AM
    Post #10

Home is where your rump rests!

Member No: 451,969

I originally said two weeks because most topics like this stay pinned for a while and are linked with all of the other "informative topics" (bad words for it, but hopefully you catch my drift) in this topic. This is done to lessen the amount of pinned topis per forum, but I wouldn't mind keeping this stay pinned, it seems there are less of the "Am I pregnant?" topics going around. (:

Claudel
    post Aug 14 2007, 07:04 AM
    Post #11

WarPath Leader.

Member No: 216,721

You can tell em 10 times a day, 100 times a month, 1000 times a year, they still are having unprotected Sex.

*Uronacid*
    post Aug 14 2007, 07:30 AM
    Post #12

If you love your woman... wear a hat.

x_curse_of_the_c...
    post Aug 17 2007, 01:47 AM
    Post #13

Member No: 444,349

^ haha

don't be silly wrap your willy.

*Podomaht*
    post Sep 27 2007, 08:32 PM
    Post #14

QUOTE(brownsugar @ Sep 27 2007, 09:14 PM) *
    I actually think that it has been scientifically proven that pre-cum contains absolutely no sperm.

my friend got his girl prego with him smearing his precum in her vagina. sooooo, i actually think you're wrong.

Comptine
    post Sep 27 2007, 10:59 PM
    Post #15

Sing to Me

QUOTE(brownsugar @ Sep 27 2007, 09:14 PM) *
    I actually think that it has been scientifically proven that pre-cum contains absolutely no sperm.

Precum is use to lubricate and clear the penile tract so the sperm can safely survive the trip from the testes to out the penis. Depending on the guy and whether or not he had sexual activity prior, the precum can contain nearly none or a very minute amount.

*Michelle*
    post Sep 27 2007, 11:00 PM
    Post #16

Ooooh. Very nice. I should link this in the Girls' lockerroom, too.

thumbsup.gif

Edit: oops! It's already been done! >_<

lidoxtitty
    post Sep 28 2007, 04:29 AM
    Post #17

55KAMG's<3

Member No: 577,506

i'mma be a daddy!

KayleighKins
    post Sep 28 2007, 07:27 AM
    Post #18

Member No: 531,188

QUOTE(brownsugar @ Sep 28 2007, 07:30 AM) *
    As she stated, as as stated in the first post it would depend on the sexual activity he had before hand. But I think it has been scientifically proven that the pre-cum itself contains no sperm.

Yeah, I really don't believe that statement.

There is a common belief that there is lots of sperm in precum. In the research that has been done, very little, if any is found in it.

link

You have to watch out when you say, "no sperm", because there is a chance that there will be sperm, even in small amounts. So while there isn't loads and loads of it, there is still a chance that there is some.

bat19
    post Sep 28 2007, 11:54 AM
    Post #19

Group: Human
    Member No: 494,019

yeah. I gotsa bitch preggers once, mm hmm. I tolds her to 'bort the baby, I aint want it, an I certinly dint' want that ol' bitch bein mamma to my youngin. She say "Well, I'mo tell momma" I says "bitch, you tell momma and I'mo tell cousin jeffrey that you been cheatin' wit me for da past week!"

*Podomaht*
    post Sep 28 2007, 12:11 PM
    Post #20

QUOTE(brownsugar @ Sep 28 2007, 07:30 AM) *
    As she stated, as as stated in the first post it would depend on the sexual activity he had before hand. But I think it has been scientifically proven that the pre-cum itself contains no sperm.

you f**king dumb bitch, YOU THINK and you KNOW are different.

Tung
    post Sep 28 2007, 12:12 PM
    Post #21

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Member No: 65,593

^ LMAO. oh man.

teeners4
    post Feb 3 2008, 01:37 PM
    Post #22

Member No: 36,491

good tips and ideas =)!
    yeaa i have a couple friend who have unprotected sex, they WOULD use a condom but the girl doesn't like the feel and NOW (after like a year) she's THINKING of going onto the pill.
    i was like wow are you serious? and she's like "he's safe"
    i hope she knows there COULD be sperm in the pre-cum too.

LittleMissSunshi...
    post Feb 13 2008, 04:33 PM
    Post #23

rawr?

Group: Official Member
    Member No: 285,858

i hope no one who gets prego goes with abortion. i really think thats wrong just killing an innocent live just for the mother's and father's hormones.. i mean really if you want sex, just really really be careful and don't have sex if you don't want a baby.

Comptine
    post Feb 13 2008, 05:13 PM
    Post #24

Sing to Me

^This isn't really the place to voice your opinions about abortion. You can go to the debate forum to argue your point. I created this topic with all the choices a girl can make without worrying what others may think. If she's in trouble, she wants advice, not a platform.

Rachel
    post Jan 12 2009, 08:01 PM
    Post #25

i've never wanted anything rationale.

Member No: 19,045

^Then why are you saying that abortion should be a LAST RESORT?

2 Pages V   1 2 >
    Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members: