Breaking Dawn ***SPOILERS***, ...
Melissa
post Aug 2 2008, 07:31 PM
Post #1

;)

Group: Duplicate
Member No: 3,760

:D

There will be so many new Renesmee/Jacob shippers now!

Shalott
post Aug 2 2008, 09:10 PM
Post #2

Group: Member
Member No: 673,625

Ah...spoiler-ish.

Somehow, I highly doubt that. The premise is unappealing in the freakiness factor. Lol. Jacob shacking up with Bella's daughter? That'll be great when they start dating. "Remember that time I kissed your mom. Man, you're better than her."
Riighht. :D

only-tuesdays
post Aug 2 2008, 10:21 PM
Post #3

Lets Get Dead

Member No: 641,562

Oh. My. God. I just finished book two. Holy freaking crap.

technicolour
post Aug 3 2008, 10:16 AM
Post #4

show me a garden thats bursting to life

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 115,987

OMGOMGOMGOMGGGGGG!

This book is, like, truly addicting. I'm 3/4ish done.

!!!!!!!!!!

venti-anemoi
post Aug 3 2008, 01:11 PM
Post #5

torn

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 55,718

I'm too poor to buy it, so I put it on hold at the library.

I'm #207. cry.gif

superstitious
post Aug 3 2008, 01:13 PM
Post #6

Tick tock, Bill

Group: Administrator
Member No: 333,948

I'm already done. I finished it last night because this stupid cough won't let me sleep.

It was ok. I'll have to read it again, because my overall impression is a little lackluster. So I'll just wait to post anything meaty until I read the book again in a better state of mind.

fredatemespleen
post Aug 3 2008, 01:17 PM
Post #7

Member No: 543,127

hmm...
i might actually read this one all the way through...

mmhmichelle
post Aug 3 2008, 02:54 PM
Post #8

young enough to not give a f*ck

Member No: 35,060

I just bought it like 20 minutes ago.

I love Stephenie's taste in music :D
[/random]

endlesslyshesaid
post Aug 4 2008, 05:13 AM
Post #9

And we all want to party when the funeral ends.

Member No: 610,408

Here is my (cynical) take on the book....

Serious spoiler alert.

Once upon a time, there was a teenage girl who fell madly in love with a vampire. Said girl had many adventures and suffered several hardships with this vampire, and the first three books were pretty damn good, if not a little, ah, "fluffy." She wanted to be immortal to, and she also wanted to have sex with him as one of her last "human experiences." I'm cool with all of this, until Edward decides that he needs to save her "Virtue." Even that isn't so bad for me, but it sucks that this girl is so strongly opposed to it.

So here we are in Breaking Dawn, Woot!, and this girl is barely the same person. She's suddenly the happiest person in the world to be married, and everything is happiness and light... And then the honeymoon... all of this I'm baring with, okay with it all...

And then she's pregnant and refusing to kill the thing that's killing her.

Why did the book have to go with way? Why did I spend the last half of the last few days reading about a pregnant 18 year old who was suddenly obsessed with being a mother?

I'm not saying I blame Bella, really, or Edward or Jacob or ever really Rosalie, but I am saying that Meyer must be crazy. I regard her as an amazing author, but why a child?

I feel like this book was not what I wanted from it. The unexpected I'm fine with, and once Renesmee was out (omg what a HORRIBLE name, and it's origins are pretty stupid.)was out, she wasn't as dominating as I thought she'd be, but this was too much for me.

If you see it differently, I'm kind of hoping you'll share your insight. I'm a pretty cynical person (Ahaha, gee, ya think?) and really did like the first three books. Am I alone in my dislike for Breaking Dawn?

mod edit - merged with previously created Breaking Dawn thread. Please try to search (and look, this thread was on the first page) before creating a new thread. I put spoiler tags in for you as well. Nice review though. =) - Rebs

This post has been edited by superstitious: Aug 4 2008, 12:01 PM
Reason for edit: Please see edit. =)

mmhmichelle
post Aug 4 2008, 02:02 PM
Post #10

^ I sort of agree with you,I'm not really liking the book so far.
Actually it's pretty boring. Only some parts are interesting to me.

tokyo-rose
post Aug 4 2008, 09:24 PM
Post #11

♡♡♡♡♡

Group: Head Staff
Member No: 108,478

QUOTE(endlesslyshesaid @ Aug 4 2008, 06:13 AM) *
once Renesmee was out (omg what a HORRIBLE name, and it's origins are pretty stupid.)

That's like Albus Severus in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Honestly, why do authors name their characters like this?

I bought a copy of BD today and managed to get chocolate ice cream on page seven. Great.

JokeInsideJoke
post Aug 4 2008, 10:22 PM
Post #12

I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite :-)

Group: Official Member
Member No: 601,399

1) OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2) i hated the name thing in HP. but i really like this name. its really unique.
3) OH. MY. GOD! a KID?! i would have never have guesed. i LOVE it!
4) the book is everything i wanted and more.
5) i dont hate jacob as much anymore. (only because he isnt a threat to edward biggrin.gif )
6) i knew alice was up to something when she left. DUH! like she would acctualy leave.
7) ^poor page 7 cry.gif
8) i cried when the were saying goodbye to renesmee. so f**king sad...
9) did charlie ever know that bella was a vamp? or jut that she wasnt human?
10) it was perfect.

mmhmichelle
post Aug 4 2008, 11:23 PM
Post #13

I have a lot of weird things going on in my book. There's a 3D sticker on my page 37 or something,two pages were stuck together,some markings here and there.

oh and, I'm so sad Jasper & Alice left! :C

JokeInsideJoke
post Aug 4 2008, 11:27 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(mmhmichelle @ Aug 5 2008, 12:23 AM) *
I have a lot of weird things going on in my book. There's a 3D sticker on my page 37 or something,two pages were stuck together,some markings here and there.

oh and, I'm so sad Jasper & Alice left! :C

cry.gif poor book. mine was perfect untill i got a drop of chocolate milk on the one page and a bit of pizza on another. oops. i was proud of myself, i didnt dog ear one page. well, okay. one. but no more. i treated the book like gold. happy.gif

only-tuesdays
post Aug 5 2008, 01:53 PM
Post #15

Lets Get Dead

Member No: 641,562

Yeah ok the names really really bugged me. I mean really, it is pretty cool she wanted to name the kid after people in her life, but the combinations she came up with sucked. Now poor Renesmee has to go through eternity being called "Nessie". I did laugh when Bella went after Jacob for that though.

Melissa
post Aug 5 2008, 04:28 PM
Post #16

;)

Group: Duplicate
Member No: 3,760

I thought the Jacob POV section was incredibly boring. Other than that, I really don't have an qualms. As usual, I hate Bella. She's really not a likable character if you think about it. She's not funny, she's not really unique, she's sort of... lackluster if you ask me.

I dislike Renesmee's name with a passion. Like WTF man? Renesmee Carlie Cullen? It's really bad; like seriously, seriously bad. But... I do sort of think the idea of Renesmee's sort of cool. Even though some people are creeped out with the whole Jacob/Bella then Jacob/Renesmee thing, I sort of see potential in that. Renesmee also sort of seems to be cooler than Bella.

I think the ending was anticlimactic. I mean, the entire Volturi clan or whatever comes over and they basically just... talk a lot. And that's it! No fight, no nothing.

But I guess I'm happy that Bella and Edward finally get to have sex and a happy ending.

superstitious
post Aug 5 2008, 04:44 PM
Post #17

Tick tock, Bill

Group: Administrator
Member No: 333,948

QUOTE(----- @ Aug 5 2008, 04:28 PM) *
I thought the Jacob POV section was incredibly boring. Other than that, I really don't have an qualms. As usual, I hate Bella. She's really not a likable character if you think about it. She's not funny, she's not really unique, she's sort of... lackluster if you ask me.

I completely agree with the Jacob book. I actually like him, I'm Switzerland all the way but man, if that's his "voice", I'm sort of put to sleep by him. Bella, well, I'm back and forth on her. The more I read the series (I am avid re-reader and am actually working on my second go around with BD), the more disdain I feel for her.

I dislike Renesmee's name with a passion. Like WTF man? Renesmee Carlie Cullen? It's really bad; like seriously, seriously bad. But... I do sort of think the idea of Renesmee's sort of cool. Even though some people are creeped out with the whole Jacob/Bella then Jacob/Renesmee thing, I sort of see potential in that. Renesmee also sort of seems to be cooler than Bella.

Oh GOOD! I see a few people have this sentiment. The first time I read the name I actually that it was a joke. lol At least it wasn't "Bedward" or "Edwella". Although, she's narcissistic enough... lol

I think the ending was anticlimactic. I mean, the entire Volturi clan or whatever comes over and they basically just... talk a lot. And that's it! No fight, no nothing.

But I guess I'm happy that Bella and Edward finally get to have sex and a happy ending.

LOL I was like, seriously? One death? And not even a main character? Not that I wished for anyone to die but, really? I like idea of all the clans coming together - sort of like the Quidditch World Cup or something in the Twilight universe. Cinematically that has a lot of potential, should the movies stretch that far and let's face it, the world is commercial enough to do it should the first film prove a financial success (and I imagine it will, for at least for the first few weekends).

I don't know. I'm still ho hum about the whole thing.

mmhmichelle
post Aug 5 2008, 06:28 PM
Post #18

I think the book could've been better as a movie ermm.gif

Stephire
post Aug 5 2008, 08:26 PM
Post #19

Milo Kamalani

Group: Human
Member No: 274,798

So who though the whole Kate/Garrett relationship was adorable?
Other than that Breaking Dawn was a total train wreck......The end was nice; but getting there sucked. It seemed rushed....or like maybe Meyer searched fanfics randomly and pieced the story together. An incubus? WTF? Anyway.....I'm seriously going to make a Kate/Garret fansite, they owned.

JokeInsideJoke
post Aug 5 2008, 09:56 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(----- @ Aug 5 2008, 05:28 PM) *
I thought the Jacob POV section was incredibly boring. .

REALLY?! i liked it. i was shocked at myself for it, but it was good.

QUOTE(Stephire @ Aug 5 2008, 09:26 PM) *
So who though the whole Kate/Garrett relationship was adorable?

ME ME ME! i saw it coming when he had her use her gift on him aniwink.gif it is SO cute!!!

Smarmosaur
post Aug 5 2008, 10:35 PM
Post #21

AKA RockIt Studios

Member No: 421,809

I JUST GOT IT!
pulling an all nighter. <3

JokeInsideJoke
post Aug 5 2008, 10:40 PM
Post #22

^ JUST NOW?! what are you doing on here?!

technicolour
post Aug 6 2008, 12:49 AM
Post #23

show me a garden thats bursting to life

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 115,987

She really dropped the ball on this one. I mean, it was nice to know the ending and everything, but, this one was just..slow.

Tooootaaalllyyyyy dropped the ball. x758943026574032657432543

JokeInsideJoke
post Aug 6 2008, 11:49 AM
Post #24

QUOTE(technicolour @ Aug 6 2008, 01:49 AM) *

She really dropped the ball on this one. I mean, it was nice to know the ending and everything, but, this one was just..slow.

the only part i though was slow was the end, where they stood up to the vultori (totaly spelt wrong biggrin.gif )

Smarmosaur
post Aug 7 2008, 01:26 AM
Post #25

AKA RockIt Studios

Member No: 421,809

oh.
my.
god.

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: