Resource Center Links

This Month's Contests | Hosts Looking for Hostees | Hostees looking for Hosts | BigBookofResources

Submission Guidelines

Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Resistance..., Fcuk Yourself ;)
Rating 3 V
deteam
post Jan 22 2010, 04:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Human
Member No: 695,913

Feedback . . .

Stay Up
-1-
Subliminal

deteam
post Jan 22 2010, 05:23 PM
Post #2

so explain wat 2 fix dipshyt

Stay Up
-1-
Subliminal

creole
post Jan 22 2010, 05:39 PM
Post #3

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 676,364

Well, the field of depth is too dramatic. The background is too blurry and the subject ( grenade ) is too sharpened.

deteam
post Jan 22 2010, 06:08 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(Beenly @ Jan 22 2010, 05:39 PM) *
Well, the field of depth is too dramatic. The background is too blurry and the subject ( grenade ) is too sharpened.

thank you

must be that time of the month 4 the rest of u fcuks lol

its ok i 4give you ...

Stay Up
-1-
Subliminal

brooklyneast05
post Jan 22 2010, 06:11 PM
Post #5

I'm Jc

Group: Mentor
Member No: 437,556

if you think about it, where the bottom of the grenade is realistically would be closest to you and so it should be just as in focus as the grenade. but since it's not it looks very pasted on there. i don't think you need all the shadowing on the text either, especially to the extent it's used.

creole
post Jan 22 2010, 06:15 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(deteam @ Jan 22 2010, 03:08 PM) *
must be that time of the month 4 the rest of u fcuks lol

its ok i 4give you ...

Stay Up
-1-
Subliminal

i don't get it.

deteam
post Jan 22 2010, 06:15 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Jan 22 2010, 06:11 PM) *
if you think about it, where the bottom of the grenade is realistically would be closest to you and so it should be just as in focus as the grenade. but since it's not it looks very pasted on there. i don't think you need all the shadowing on the text either, especially to the extent it's used.

thank you will fix, so how do you suggest making the text stand out then? with out the drop shadow shyt looks weird

Stay Up
-1-
Subliminal

iDecay
post Jan 22 2010, 06:22 PM
Post #8

Pocketful of Sunshine

Member No: 289,004

QUOTE(Beenly @ Jan 22 2010, 02:39 PM) *

Depth of field*

Okay, so I don't know what the original image looks like, but I'm guessing it's bokeh. (Google it if you're clueless.) Bokeh is meant to focus on a subject and have a blurring effect elsewhere. Think of it like how your eye works. If you focus on one thing, the other areas you see get blurry. /defending the reason for the blurring. However, the blurriness does seem to be too much and looks fake. If you can, tone it down a bit.

As JC said, the grenade looks pasted on. It gives off too much contrast and doesn't seem to fit in with the picture, making it obvious you pasted it on. Maybe you can play around with some filters and fix the lighting to make it mesh more.

brooklyneast05
post Jan 22 2010, 06:22 PM
Post #9

I'm Jc

if you have to put a bunch of effects on your text to make it stand out, that's a clear sign that you have a typographic problem to begin with. color choice, font, and size are more effective ways to define your text's hierarchy position.

i don't know what it looks like without the drop shadow but i can't see how the text could get lost. it's text on a blurry photo, it's gonna stand out regardless because of the fact it's text. the main reason it's probably getting lost is because all the other text you have on there sandwiching it. it doesn't have much room to breathe.

i don't think the drop shadow makes it stand out though because it's kinda just there. it's so extended that it's unrealistic and also it's on a dark background so it's not creating that much depth anyway.

brooklyneast05
post Jan 22 2010, 06:25 PM
Post #10

I'm Jc

oh yeah and another note about the sandwiching. the black lines running across with that text seem unnecessary. the best thing about this is that composition wise the barbed wire is creating natural lines that section off the top 1/3rd. you should let the barbed wire alone do your framing instead of adding all these other horizontal lines in my opinion.

creole
post Jan 22 2010, 07:16 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(iDecay @ Jan 22 2010, 03:22 PM) *
Depth of field*

Okay, so I don't know what the original image looks like, but I'm guessing it's bokeh. (Google it if you're clueless.) Bokeh is meant to focus on a subject and have a blurring effect elsewhere. Think of it like how your eye works. If you focus on one thing, the other areas you see get blurry. /defending the reason for the blurring. However, the blurriness does seem to be too much and looks fake. If you can, tone it down a bit.

Bokeh looks much better if it was done by an actual camera. There is a big difference between good bokeh and bad bokeh. And this picture falls directly under bad bokeh.

Mikeplyts
post Jan 22 2010, 08:46 PM
Post #12

Mel Blanc was allergic to carrots.

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 676,291

I think it doesn't look too shabby, but there are some things I'm not too sure about. You most likely need to work on your lighting. This includes the highlights and shadows on an object, where these highlights and shadows are, how big or long they are, and the like. The barbed wires look like their light source is coming somewhere near the top left corner, the grenade looks like the lighting is coming from the front of the image and also some spots from the top right, and the text looks like it's light source is coming down from a big light on the top right. This gets all jumbled up and is pretty much what can make an image like this look "pasted on". Fix up some of your lighting and also, add shadows where they should be needed. Like somewhere under the grenade. I, too, am not very fond of the text's shadow either, but I think I could see how it would look like without it. It'd probably blend too much into the background, so in this case, darken up the font. Also, I'd probably pick a different shade. And if you don't feel like removing the shadow, try adjusting the shadow to where it looks good, like maybe just make it look like a blurry stroke, y'know?

I'm not going to be much of a hardass on the black lines, but they could use some editing. Maybe mess around with different layer modes or try what JC said. As for the background, you should probably lessen the blur and maybe add like a gradient map or something to have a more realistic look. Additionally, don't blur the main object's floor, or ground, or whatever because it makes it look like the object is floating, and in this case, the grenade looks like it's floating ("pasted on"). So, that ground below the grenade shouldn't be blurred and only start the blur near the "back" part, if you get what I mean. Otherwise, good job. thumbsup.gif

jiyong
post Jan 22 2010, 11:21 PM
Post #13

사랑해 ~ 我愛你 ♥

Group: Design Staff
Member No: 492,587

First thing I saw was the tan font. And disliked. It feels too flat compared to the rest of the image, and the colour is kind of ew. Like other people said, the lighting needs help.

deteam
post Jan 23 2010, 11:51 AM
Post #14

thank you... will see what *I* can do thumbsup.gif

Stay Up
-1-
Subliminal

Reason for edit: Grammar. -- Beenly

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: