Reply to this topicStart new topic
industrial piercing., :]]
cori-catastrophe
post Apr 3 2007, 09:01 AM
Post #1

hardxcore.

Group: Member
Member No: 479,494

does anyone have one? how bad do they hurt to get done? also, was it worth the pain to get it done in the end? did it get infected? how long did it take to heal?
i'm supposed to be getting one soon and i want to know what i'm up against before i actually go through with it.

also, for those of you that have no idea what an idustrial piercing is:

Cujiine
post Apr 3 2007, 12:25 PM
Post #2

Member No: 432,493

I wouldn't know but It looks like it hurts and I'd get bugged by it and be playing with it all day which would probably make it get infected.

cori-catastrophe
post Apr 3 2007, 12:36 PM
Post #3

hardxcore.

QUOTE(Cujiine @ Apr 3 2007, 1:25 PM) *
I wouldn't know but It looks like it hurts and I'd get bugged by it and be playing with it all day which would probably make it get infected.

yea, i'm thinking it will a good bit. i have my carliadge[sp?] pierced already, but not in the correct spot so i'll have to get it two more times. i'm not looking forward to it. ugh. but...i want it badly so i suppose i'll get over it. it was funny though. when i first got it pierced, the lady dropped the back down my shirt and she was trying to get it. needless to say, i made her find another back to it, rather than...yeah. XD.gif

xBUTTMUNCHx
post Apr 3 2007, 03:37 PM
Post #4

BABESTARR

Member No: 442,634

o0o0ow that looks cool!! i bet it hurts like a motherrrrdaymmmz!! LOL

EmoEyelinerx
post Apr 3 2007, 04:06 PM
Post #5

Hi, Im Brook.

Member No: 508,383

It looks like it would hurt really bad. To me i dont know why you would want to get one done i mean..its not that attractive.

Stefanny
post Apr 3 2007, 04:49 PM
Post #6

chinky

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 434,437

Yeah, that's pretty gross.
I wouldn't get one.

misoshiru
post Apr 3 2007, 04:54 PM
Post #7

yan lin♥

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 13,627

I heard that it hurts like a bitch. And, I knew someone whose industrial got infected. Not pretty.

cori-catastrophe
post Apr 3 2007, 05:07 PM
Post #8

hardxcore.

i wouldn't think it would hurt much more than a regular cartliadge. sad.gif
i have a different style thanmost of you though. happy.gif

*WHIMSICAL 0NE*
post Apr 3 2007, 05:16 PM
Post #9

They take forever to heal, but it's worth it in the end. You usually don't get them peirced with a bar, instead two little loops. You should really do your research on a place before you go there to get them peirced because the loops have to be lined up just right so you can later add the bar. Sometimes they can take up to 6 months to heal.

cori-catastrophe
post Apr 3 2007, 05:41 PM
Post #10

hardxcore.

QUOTE(WHIMSICAL 0NE @ Apr 3 2007, 6:16 PM) *
They take forever to heal, but it's worth it in the end. You usually don't get them peirced with a bar, instead two little loops. You should really do your research on a place before you go there to get them peirced because the loops have to be lined up just right so you can later add the bar. Sometimes they can take up to 6 months to heal.

i know. i think just the two hoops would look cool. happy.gif
the place i'm getting it done at is sanitary and clean. my friend, jackie, has tons of piercings and she gets them from there. they look really good.

Jeng
post Apr 3 2007, 05:57 PM
Post #11

Group: Official Member
Member No: 213,509

I would recommend you NOT get one, looks like hella pain.

*WHIMSICAL 0NE*
post Apr 3 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #12

^ Yes, people say it's the most painful one you can have on your ear.

You have to be really careful with it, because the first 14 days are the hardest. You can't get ANYTHING in it. Which means you need to be super super careful when you shampoo. When you go the place to get it done they should tell you, more detailed, how to take care of it and suggest different kinds of stuff you can put on it. If you get it done, you should let me know how it goes.

*mishyerr*
post Apr 3 2007, 07:54 PM
Post #13

I ACTUALLY HAVE ONE.

It didn't hurt as badly as everyone said it would, but that is probably because I have great pain tolerance for a girl. It felt like a normal piercing. The soreness that follows the piercing is much worse. On a pain rating out of 10, I would give it a 6. Mine is still healing, since I got it less than 2 weeks ago, but I can definitely see a lessening of pain and redness. It is definitely one of the cuter, more original piercings. And NO, I did not get it starting off with two loops. That is stupid and, imo, unnecessary. The bar is fine.
Remember to get it at a CLEAN, sterilized place; not somewhere shady. Make sure they are good piercers, because an industrial is a GAUGED piercing, meaning the needle is hallow and takes out a good chunk of your ear.

Clean it 2-3x a day using antibacterial soap. I use soap 2x a day and 90% alcohol once a day. You don't have to freak out about shampoos, etc (like mentioned above) unless you have incredibly sensitive skin.

DON'T LISTEN TO THOSE WHO SAY YOU SHOULDN'T GET ONE:
They're adorable.

shortnsweet88
post Apr 4 2007, 01:35 AM
Post #14

Beauty in the Breakdown

Member No: 487,917

I think it all depends on your pain tolerance and also your mindset. If you dont handle needles, shots, piercings, etc. well...then its not exactly going to be easy for you.

However, I got one and it didnt hurt that bad at all. The hardest part is the fact that for quite a while you will ALWAYS be aware of the piercing. Its not a normal ear piercing...you have to keep yourself from sleeping on it and its gonna be sore naturally. It also takes it quite a while to heal completely.

it is worth it in the end...I think its a beatiful piercing to have and the actual piercing of the ear will not hurt bad at all.

*stephinika*
post Apr 4 2007, 01:52 AM
Post #15

I say go for it. I don't have one personally, but one of my best friends does and I was with her when she got it done. I pretty much agree with Mish, but yeah my friend got hers with a bar right away and hers healed fine. She said it hurt, but she absolutely loves it and thinks it was totally worth it so good luck to you! happy.gif

voguelove
post Apr 4 2007, 07:26 AM
Post #16

i'm maggie =]

Member No: 361,616

i dont understand why someone would want to get a gage. theyre disgusting. it's one of those things people end up regretting when they get older.

...Lost.In.Life....
post Apr 4 2007, 07:38 AM
Post #17

Member No: 508,300

haha yer they look heaps good after they are done...

i donr no n e fin bout it tho

cori-catastrophe
post Apr 4 2007, 08:24 AM
Post #18

hardxcore.

QUOTE(cup noodles @ Apr 4 2007, 8:26 AM) *
i dont understand why someone would want to get a gage. theyre disgusting. it's one of those things people end up regretting when they get older.

only the giant gauges in your earlobes.
like a twelve cm. one. those things that big freak me out at times. ohmy.gif
anyways, i didn't reliaze that it was a gauged pierced so i got really freaked out just now. mish, how much did yours cost? the place i'm getting it at said that it would be eighty bucks? is that a good price?
when they e-mailed me back, they said nothing about having the hoops first.

*My Cinderella.*
post Apr 4 2007, 09:30 AM
Post #19

OWWWW. pinch.gif Whenever I see those, I can almost feel the pain. I don't plan on getting those anytime soon. *pokes finger through earring*

*mishyerr*
post Apr 4 2007, 03:20 PM
Post #20

I have a size 4 gauge. I think they're cute up to around size 2-0. After that, it's overdone.

Mine only cost $50 :/ But I know the guy who does it b/c he did my eyebrow, and he gave me a discount of $15. $80 seems a little expensive. It is a gauge piercing! Have you seen the thickness of the bar? It's not your regular needle, hahaha.

kimmytree
post Apr 4 2007, 03:26 PM
Post #21

Kimberly

Member No: 121,599

Ahhh that looks REALLY painful... and seems like it would get infected easily. And if you have long hair, wouldnt it get tangled up in it?

... you're just getting the top one, right? Oh dear god please not the bottom one. ph34r.gif

shortnsweet88
post Apr 4 2007, 04:18 PM
Post #22

Beauty in the Breakdown

Member No: 487,917

Ok, I could be wrong but from what I'm hearing I think that most of you are under the impression that the industrial piercing is the big guaged piercing at the lobe of the ear...its the bar at the top of the ear.

Its really NOT A BIG DEAL. SERIOUSLY, dont freak out, dont get scared, dont work yourself up...if you really want one...JUST DO IT.

NgocQuyen
post Apr 4 2007, 06:34 PM
Post #23

c[:

Member No: 2,876

i don't have one..they look really painful soo i'm never willing to try either. ><

tokyo-rose
post Apr 4 2007, 07:39 PM
Post #24

♡♡♡♡♡

Group: Head Staff
Member No: 108,478

QUOTE(Obscure Enigma @ Apr 3 2007, 1:36 PM) *
yea, i'm thinking it will a good bit. i have my carliadge[sp?] pierced already, but not in the correct spot so i'll have to get it two more times. i'm not looking forward to it. ugh. but...i want it badly so i suppose i'll get over it. it was funny though. when i first got it pierced, the lady dropped the back down my shirt and she was trying to get it. needless to say, i made her find another back to it, rather than...yeah. XD.gif

It's spelled cartilage. :)

Anyway, like Shortnsweet88 said, if you really want it, go through with it. You seem to really want it so the pain will be worth it in the end. thumbsup.gif

y0urelectrikk
post Apr 4 2007, 09:20 PM
Post #25

Member No: 102,872

holy crap!!! 80 bucks??? 50 bucks??
damn. just do it yourself for free. just do the two piercings then after a month or so get a little bit bigger gauge size.. then put the thing in.

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: