Reply to this topicStart new topic
Jane's Guide to Getting Over Exes
*iNyCxShoRT*
post Nov 24 2005, 06:12 PM
Post #1

Here's the story. You and your boyfriend just broke up. You still like him, and you don't know how to deal with such pain. Or, your crush just asked your best friend old and she accepted. You are heartbroken. Today, you'll learn how to get over exes/crushes in a good, healthy, and somewhat fun way biggrin.gif enjoy!

Jane's Guide for getting over exes or a crush
There are about 3 different paths that this situation can lead up to:

Path A: Your boyfriend doesn't want to see your face and isn't planning to talk to you...ever.
Path B: Your boyfriend wants to be friends and is planning to get over you as soon as possible. He still cares for you and all...just not in that way
Path C: Both you and your boyfriend like each other. You guys just broke it off to save you from pain. This can lead to Friends with Benefits

Vocabulary for Dummies
Friends with Benefits
Eye Candy
Pride

If you're in Path A, here is what you should do. You should find someone to preoccupy your thoughts with. Better known as some "Eye Candy". If there is someone in your class who you think is cute, try looking at them more. Now, this doesn't mean you have to like them. But it gets your mind off of your ex. If you want to forget him as well, you should throw out everything that reminds you of him. This includes: Photos, letters, books, even toys. Anything that reminds you of him. Put it in the trash. But, if you'd like to remember him. You should make a Memory Capsule so that when you get over him and you find it you can laugh at how young you guys were. If he's in your class/in your school, then this is what you should do. Stick tight to more of your close friends. They can probably help you get over him. Now, you want him to see that you're fine without him. If you show that you're sad and teary. He can take pride in that. (Special Thanks to Juliana [loljuliana]

If you're in Path B, this can be easier if you guys act like you two never went out. If he's trying to get over you. Try not to get too much into the mushy gushy stuff. Remember, he wants to forget this, not get sucked into it even more. It's alright if you talk to him, call him, hang out with him. Sure why not. But if it turns into something that friends wouldn't do. I suggest you head to Path 3. Now, I suggested this in Path 1. Making a memory capsule, (if he means that much to you). That way you can look back at it one day and remember how sweet you guys used to be. If he starts talking to girls, don't try to make him jealous. You have to make it seem like you're not jealous...even if you are. He'll be glad that you're taking it so well. Tell him that if he ever needs anything you'll always be here to listen. That way, he knows you still care as well. Avoid walking alone with him. It'll trigger old memories and make it even harder. Walk in a group of friends with him, or something.

If you're in Path C, this solution is hard to determine. You and him could be the kind to become "Friends with Benefits". Or you guys could be the kind that would rather get over each other and stay good friends. You must first ask yourself...is Friends with Benefits the best thing to do? If you don't approve of it. Then you dont. But if you do, then I guess whenever the chance comes you know what to do. He may be okay with FWB as well and start holding your hand, cuddling you, hugging you just like you guys used to. If you're not okay with it. You should tell him, that you don't think it's right. But if you are okay with it, then have fun. In my opinion, I wouldn't recommend FWB but I guess it's good if you two still like each other and don't want to go through all the "pain" that follows. If you and him would rather get over each other. Then, retreat back to Path 2.

Easy ways to relieve stress
-Pump up the volume to your music, drown your sorrows in a good rock and roll song. Or even a "blues" song.
-Everytime you miss him, take a walk around the block outside alone. It can help clear your mind.
-Call your friends, or him. This takes down the wall blocking you and him from becoming "just friends"
-Start a private online journal on Xanga. Or comment in Message to Anyone/cB Diary and tell the journal about how you feel.
-Chat with one of your good friends. Ask them for advice, even if they haven't been through what you've been through. They can use their imagination can't they?
-Write a story about you and ___'s relationship. Use creativity make it up. You can even let the story end the way you saw you and ___ as. Or let him die shifty.gif
-The simplest way of all...cry. Cry all your tears out. Ignore all the people who say, "Don't cry". Let all the pain escape.

This has been another one of Jane's productions.
Special thanks to loljuliana aka Juliana wub.gif

Hiphop d[-_-]b
post Nov 24 2005, 07:22 PM
Post #2

Bay Area YadadaDiiiig.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 103,202

Aww Jane.

This prospect in your life is working out for the better. I feel you sissa girl console.gif

sprezzatura
post Nov 24 2005, 07:34 PM
Post #3

Peggy.

Group: Member
Member No: 214,025

Pin it! It must be helpful to our CB-ers.

*iNyCxShoRT*
post Nov 24 2005, 11:07 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(Hiphop d[-_-]b @ Nov 24 2005, 7:22 PM)
Aww Jane.

This prospect in your life is working out for the better. I feel you sissa girl  console.gif
^ Thanks Bella. _smile.gif Really? Deserves pinnage eh? shifty.gif

c4rL4
post Nov 25 2005, 12:09 AM
Post #5

Heykidd. <3

Member No: 124,701

awes0me. this helps a lot. x] biggrin.gif

aera
post Nov 25 2005, 02:34 AM
Post #6

*scribble scribble*

Member No: 119,610

yay! so when someone says "i can't get over him!" i can just put this at the end of my post:

for more help, refer to Jane's Guide for getting over exes or a crush

with the link there. i just didn't feel like doing that this time... stubborn.gif

fameONE
post Nov 25 2005, 02:55 AM
Post #7

^_^

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 91,466

Thank. You. Jane.

You shouldn't have a problem landing a guy seeing that you already have a decent understanding of us.

You need to make a guide for girls so they'll be better in bed.... I'm serious.

*iNyCxShoRT*
post Nov 25 2005, 11:07 AM
Post #8

^ lol that would have to wait a couple of years shifty.gif

yummy_delight
post Nov 25 2005, 12:54 PM
Post #9

Lauren loves YOU.

Member No: 32,793

Thanks, Jane!

You're awesome. This should be pinned! happy.gif

iheartjohn
post Nov 25 2005, 12:57 PM
Post #10

yerp!

Member No: 66,454

QUOTE(BrandonSaunders @ Nov 25 2005, 2:55 AM)
You need to make a guide for girls so they'll be better in bed.... I'm serious.

Same goes for guys.

fameONE
post Nov 25 2005, 02:16 PM
Post #11

^_^

Member No: 91,466

QUOTE(i heart john @ Nov 25 2005, 11:57 AM)
Same goes for guys.

We still have yet to meet each other. shifty.gif

*iNyCxShoRT*
post Nov 25 2005, 03:02 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(yummy_delight @ Nov 25 2005, 12:54 PM)
Thanks, Jane!

You're awesome. This should be pinned!  happy.gif

^ Don't mention it wink.gif

Wow. 2 pinnage votes shifty.gif

iiTsDAYNA
post Jul 8 2008, 01:45 AM
Post #13

My peanut.

Member No: 187,456

What would be one of those really good rock songs you mentioned?

sixfive
post Jul 8 2008, 11:27 AM
Post #14

Member No: 653,768

QUOTE(iiTsDAYNA @ Jul 8 2008, 01:45 AM) *
What would be one of those really good rock songs you mentioned?

no one likes you

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: