Put an image/pattern inside of text using MICROSOFT WORD!
Click on thumbnailed images to enlarge
1. Open up Microsoft Word. (you will need the newer or latest version that contains 'wordart.')
2. Go to insert > WordArt > then select the very first example. (Actually, this will work with any of the wordart styles, but I prefer the first one, and the one below it with the dropshadow.)
3. Select whatever text you'd like, type your text, choose the size you want the text to be, then click OK. If you want the image/pattern to show pretty well in the text, you'll need a bold or big text like Impact, Arial Black, etc. (I used Impact, but you can also use any other fonts.)
4. Right-click on the text > Click 'format WordArt'
5. A window should pop up, then under 'fill', click 'fill effects'
6. Click the tab that says 'picture' > select picture > choose the image/pattern you want > Click OK.
7. Then VOILA! You should have your image/pattern filled text! :D You can drag the sides or corners/box to change the size of the text to your liking.
8. After you're done with that, you'll need to take a screenshot in order to save the picture. (press the button on your keyboard that says 'prt scr') Then open up the program Paint > paste the image > crop the image to your liking > then save! (I recommend saving it as a .png)
The finished product:
Here are some other things you can do!:
Right-click on text > format WordArt > Under 'line' click the drop down list for color > No color.
If you WANT a border, you can experiment with different colors and the border styles.
Right-click on text > format WordArt > fill effects > pattern > then choose whatever pattern you like > click OK.
To change the color of the pattern, just click on the drop down list for color under 'fill'
You can also change the transparency.
I didn't include many pictures because I thought it was pretty self explanatory. :) You can do many things, just experiment and see what you like best. :D
Showing latest 6 of 6 comments
Picture and texture fills for WordArt are not available in Word 2010 :-(
http://office.microsoft .com/en-us/word-help/add-or-de lete-a-fill-outline-or-effect- for-text-or-wordart-HA01035584 4.aspx
this tutorial helped so much, thanks(:
Awesomeeee :D thanks
Aw Damn i Have A Mac!
Haha, wicked cool.
Just using Microsoft Word??? Many people will be pleased with this. XD